2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

26 minutes ago, Gupti said:

This is the Titans best combo because the white drowns out and mitigates the double-grey crap. Also, it's nice of them to try to minimize the navy participation when the Cowboys decided to pull out their navies against them again for some reason. Still, God help them.

Cowboys are in white pants though, so Columbia blue pants would've been better, as in most cases.They still don't look like the Titans in this combo.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Gupti said:

This is the Titans best combo because the white drowns out and mitigates the double-grey crap. Also, it's nice of them to try to minimize the navy participation when the Cowboys decided to pull out their navies against them again for some reason. Still, God help them.

The Cowboys retiring Whitten's #82 is the reason they are wearing blue jerseys. I wish they would wear them on Thanksgiving.

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Any clue as to whether Seattle also going color rush that day? The all whites might make sense if the Packers are arrayed against a giant wall of snot.

I would guess they will go color rush because unfortunately some people think they look nice. I'm fine with the neon green jerseys but it's just too much neon green when they wear neon green pants and socks too. If they matched neon green jerseys with Navy pants that might look ok or if they wore Navy blue jerseys with neon green pants

4 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

It's the Color Rash jersey with the classic pants and helmet. It's not the throwbacks because the helmet logo is still the current one. 

They actually wore silver numbers with the current logo in 1964 and 1970. So they are actually wearing throwbacks tonight.

Raiders%2070%20Road%20Ben%20Davidson,%20

bSLCtu2.png

40 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

They normally wear black numbers on the road, tonite they’re the throwback silver numbers.

I think he means why isn't it since it looks good. But man these relaxed uniform rules are getting out of hand. Teams can basically mix and match like its a game of Madden at this point.

2 minutes ago, Gupti said:

Is this the first time that a team has mixed their “color rush” appointed jersey with non-color rush pieces? Wish that teams like the Bills would take note, should they insist on keeping an alt-colored jersey around.

Well the Cowboys have worn Navy blue with white pants but other than that there's been no mixing and matching. There are plenty of teams that should try to mix and match color rush though like the colts could wear blue pants

10 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

The problem with this set is that the black jerseys were far superior. Making the red the new primary just doesn't do it for me. Alternate OK. But primary? Nope. I miss the black jerseys and the black pants. 

Should it have lasted 15 years? No. But the black would have been more tolerable as a primary color. 

michael-vick-of-the-atlanta-falcons-in-a

michaelvick.jpg

These pics illustrate how this set was designed originally to work best with the black jersey......just in the way the red piping properly works and provides a better balance. The piping for the current red uniform / white pants combo always seemed forced. Especially when they had to flip the colors, so there is black piping on a 2nd set of white pants with the red stripe flare at the bottom. Still, the piping is terrible and really didn't age well. I remember liking these Vick uniforms at the time, but I was also like 10 years old. It is absolutely unbelievable that they didn't change designs when they had the opportunity to do so. It would have made sense with the end of the Vick era and start of the Ryan era. It would have made sense moving in to the new stadium. My only theory is that Arthur Blank somehow thinks these are "iconic" uniforms but they simply aren't. Instead we are still going to be stuck with these garbage uniforms for the foreseeable future. 

1 hour ago, s3ahawkz said:

Well the Cowboys have worn Navy blue with white pants but other than that there's been no mixing and matching. There are plenty of teams that should try to mix and match color rush though like the colts could wear blue pants

They Colts did for a few road games in 1995, they even used the correct socks, and looked awesome! 

4323231352_2c034eb84e_o.png

Archived