2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

2 hours ago, BrianLion said:

Uhhhh 

The Cardinals desperately need to return to their prior traditional jersey without those stupid and dated shoulder yokes.  

The Bills had them from 2002-2010 and when they went back to our classic look in 2011 it was a great relief

The look of colored pants when paired with white jerseys that have those shoulder yokes just kills the look. Perhaps that's why Tampa Bay mostly wears their white pants with the white jerseys.  Then again someone forgot to tell TB that if it ain't broke don't try to fix it, because their 1997 rebrand and Super Bowl winning uniform set was one of the premier uniforms in all the NFL, and since ruined!  ?

arizona-cardinals-john-skelton-eludes-a-

Cardinals at Raiders (2001)

920x920.jpg

Falcons at Cardinals (2001)

sep-2001-terance-mathis-of-the-atlanta-f

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they had socks with white on at least the top couple of inches, that would be my preferred look for them.  In in the minority of liking the white yoke, and it ties in well with the pants.  Red facemask would be better though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 11/8/2018 at 9:30 AM, AstroBull21 said:

Well that Eagles@Rams SNF games in a few weeks is in LA, with the Rams in either the royal blue throwbacks or color rush yellows.  I wouldnt expect the Eagles to go black for that game.

I'm pretty sure the Eagles have never worn their black/black or black/white getup on the road

The combo navy jersey/light blue pants combo the Titans are sporting today is definitely the best combo their dumpster fire of a uniform set has to offer. The columbia blue pants bring some life to a rather dull, boring look otherwise.

45 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

I know there's plenty to complain about when it comes to the Bengals, but pairing their black pants with orange jerseys is no good.

If they wore the orange socks with the black pants it would look 1000% better. A quick search shows that they haven’t done that since a 2006 preseason game. And the orange jersey, black pants, orange socks look hasn’t appeared since 2004. 

1 hour ago, 8BW14 said:

The combo navy jersey/light blue pants combo the Titans are sporting today is definitely the best combo their dumpster fire of a uniform set has to offer. The columbia blue pants bring some life to a rather dull, boring look otherwise.

It's such an odd combo that it took me a minute to actually realize that it was the Titans playing.  I think it was a big downgrade to go away from their white helmets.

1 hour ago, Webfooter said:

It's such an odd combo that it took me a minute to actually realize that it was the Titans playing.  I think it was a big downgrade to go away from their white helmets.

Oh I agree they should have stuck with white helmets 100%. The old look just needed some touching up IMO. I’m just saying that at least they don’t look like the Texans or Seahawks with the light blue pants. Yeah they tried way too hard and the new look is not good, but at least the light blue pants liven up a dark, dull uniform.

I definitely feel like the navy jerseys are the ugliest in the Titans' rotation, I think because the darker color contrasts more with the shoulders and the side panels. 

Also, today's combo felt odd. The jerseys feel like they're trying to be very tough with the emphasis of darker colors whereas the softer blue of the pants kinda contradicts that image so it feels less cohesive. It wasn't their worst (monochrome navy), but it's definitely not my favorite. 

spacer.png

Marcus Peters from LAR isn’t wearing socks or leggings. Just white ankle socks, and his bare legs. This is a ridiculous look. Between this and Michael Bennett’s tank top jersey, it makes me wonder why uniform rules aren’t enforced any more than they are. To me... if you can’t follow the poster of regulations that’s in the locker room, you shouldn’t be allowed to step on the field 

1 minute ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Is Dallas wearing a new combo tonight? Looks like they are in the silver pants usually paired with the navy jerseys instead of the seafoam pants that go with the white jerseys

nah looks like the normal ones to me.  I can see that tint of green in the pants on my tv.

11 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I know there's plenty to complain about when it comes to the Bengals, but pairing their black pants with orange jerseys is no good.

Looking bad (both uniforms and play on the field) comes very easily for the Bengals, but that combination is one of the worst in the history of the league.  All their uniform combinations range from bad to hideous, but that one deserves some sort of award.  As a jaded fan of the team, I'm looking at the bigger picture and hoping for abject failure in the near-term, hoping it will bring about a new coaching staff and new uniforms.

On 11/9/2018 at 12:28 PM, Froob said:

Shame Lions never wear the blue pants on the road, it’s their best look. They should wear grey half the games and blue the other half.

20 hours ago, Gupti said:

The Lions blue pants give me the sad (especially in a matchup with so much potential like the Bears).

The Titans need to pull a Browns and just wear all-white as much as they can. The navy jerseys are such a joke.

I really like the Lions in blue pants. I feel like the Honolulu blue is such a wonderful color that it'd be a shame if we only got to see it at home. It looked great yesterday in sparkling November sun by the Lake. 

Side Note: How amazing do the Bears home uniforms look now that they switched to navy undersleeves? It really looks like they're wearing an old school jersey from the 40's or 50's. 

au3xohm3bxoucmodokc4.jpg

Archived