2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seen a two of best combos today for uniforms I dispise!

This reminds me of the Brian Sipe era and wish it was wore full-time at home. 

Cleveland-Browns-put-dent-in-Atlanta-Fal

Is it just me or does the Titans new helmet look dirty. The navy doesn't pop at all and it just seems like it has dirt on it at all times. On the other hand though, this was their best combo of their new set which is not saying much. 

usatsi_11647063.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, nuordr said:

Is it just me or does the Titans new helmet look dirty. The navy doesn't pop at all and it just seems like it has dirt on it at all times. On the other hand though, this was their best combo of their new set which is not saying much. 

usatsi_11647063.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Their helmets do suck, although other parts of the uniform are problematic as well. 

Titans missed an opportunity to be unique and go back to their roots with a columbia blue helmet.  That would balance out the above look so much better. 

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I really like the Lions in blue pants. I feel like the Honolulu blue is such a wonderful color that it'd be a shame if we only got to see it at home. It looked great yesterday in sparkling November sun by the Lake. 

Side Note: How amazing do the Bears home uniforms look now that they switched to navy undersleeves? It really looks like they're wearing an old school jersey from the 40's or 50's. 

au3xohm3bxoucmodokc4.jpg

Those solid colored Honolulu blue socks still ruin the look of the HBlue pants, nothing has changed there.

They need white socks with HBlue Northwestern striping as is on the jersey sleeves and now ya got something there. Solid silver socks won't remedy this issue either.

9 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

Those solid colored Honolulu blue socks still ruin the look of the HBlue pants, nothing has changed there.

They need white socks with HBlue Northwestern striping as is on the jersey sleeves and now ya got something there. Solid silver socks won't remedy this issue either.

I would generally agree with you but for some unknown completely arbitrary reason my brain is giving this a pass. Same with the Vikings purple pants. No logical reason and white socks still very much preferred, I'm just giving this a pass. 

I saw watching that Bears/Lions game... The first half when the sun was shining, that Chicago uniform was especially gorgeous.  That's such a solid uniform that's remained unchanged so long it's easy to take it for granted. I don't know what I'd change... It's pretty much perfect.

49 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I would generally agree with you but for some unknown completely arbitrary reason my brain is giving this a pass. Same with the Vikings purple pants. No logical reason and white socks still very much preferred, I'm just giving this a pass. 

I won't give them a pass, but because of the pants stripes they work a lot better than teams like the Ravens using plain black pants and black socks.

I think it's possible Arizona wore red pants to try to screw with Mahomes and get some lucky picks or something. People speculated that the Browns did something similar in Cincinnati a couple years ago. Either way, I think this means we'll see more of the red pants, which I like. it's about as color-heavy as a white uniform can get, but it definitely has an added swagger about it. I'd love to see them wear those in Green Bay and in Seattle later in the season and hopefully next weekend vs Oakland since we say that standard uniform matchup in the preseason all the time. Also, in case anyone forgot, this was the uniform matchup for the last meeting between ARI and KC:

Kansas+City+Chiefs+v+Arizona+Cardinals+G

I think it's become a contest to see who can have the most red.

20 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

Looking bad (both uniforms and play on the field) comes very easily for the Bengals, but that combination is one of the worst in the history of the league.  All their uniform combinations range from bad to hideous, but that one deserves some sort of award.  As a jaded fan of the team, I'm looking at the bigger picture and hoping for abject failure in the near-term, hoping it will bring about a new coaching staff and new uniforms.

I’ll never understand the hate for the Bengals, they have a top 5 uniform. What is so bad about their unis? Orange tops and black bottoms is one of the best looks.

This Packers-Seahawks matchup is awesome, I bet that’s an unpopular opinion here. Also, why are the Chargers wearing all navy? It’s awful. Navy on white is excellent. Bring back the white on navy and only do the white out a few times  (it pops a lot more that way).

38 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Gah, Bears in orange in prime time. Biggest home game since the end of the 2013 season and they won't be in navy blue. Ick.

I think this game will actually look really nice under the lights. That orange will pop and clash nicely with the purple pants of the Vikings.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

I think this game will actually look really nice under the lights. That orange will pop and clash nicely with the purple pants of the Vikings.

Perhaps, but my beef isn't really an aesthetic one. Save the orange for non-division games.

Archived