2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

19 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I saw watching that Bears/Lions game... The first half when the sun was shining, that Chicago uniform was especially gorgeous.  That's such a solid uniform that's remained unchanged so long it's easy to take it for granted. I don't know what I'd change... It's pretty much perfect.

Some credit to Nike here. With the current template, they've finally gotten the colors right. The Bears' navy blue should be so deep and rich that appears darker than black in the bright sun. The orange should be glowing and radiant. The numbers have curves but they're also straight, erect and bold. For decades they were the only non-block numbers worn on an NFL field and it shows. The wishbone "C" on the helmet has creates a false eye, like the white spot on an Orca. 

It's a thing of beauty. 

lnclg7kagylj4apld0xi.jpg

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CitizenTino said:

So, the Packers can go with their Color Rush because it’s an all-white uniform, but this got me wondering: Are color vs color games on TNF no more this year now that teams have the option of wearing their Color Rush for any game?

Color Rush as a TNF requirement is over starting the beginning of this season.  Teams can choose if, when and where they wear their Color Rush and alts.

I know the Bucs havent worn the all reds this season, and I kinda hope they dont.  

21 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Color Rush as a TNF requirement is over starting the beginning of this season.  Teams can choose if, when and where they wear their Color Rush and alts.

I know the Bucs havent worn the all reds this season, and I kinda hope they dont.  

Week 3 Monday night they did

On 11/12/2018 at 10:50 AM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Side Note: How amazing do the Bears home uniforms look now that they switched to navy undersleeves? It really looks like they're wearing an old school jersey from the 40's or 50's. 

Haven't they had navy undersleeves for quite a while?

Or are you just saying they look great in cold-weather games (and I agree)?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Some credit to Nike here. With the current template, they've finally gotten the colors right. The Bears' navy blue should be so deep and rich that appears darker than black in the bright sun. The orange should be glowing and radiant. The numbers have curves but they're also straight, erect and bold. For decades they were the only non-block numbers worn on an NFL field and it shows. The wishbone "C" on the helmet has creates a false eye, like the white spot on an Orca. 

It's a thing of beauty. 

lnclg7kagylj4apld0xi.jpg

I hate to burst your bubble there Mr Bears and White Sox fan, but the Houston Oilers had long worn what I believe is the same exact number font as da Bears for as long as I can remember.  I had always noticed them for being one of the very few teams without block numbers and just like the ones da Bears wear and I really liked them for those teams.

Also, the Denver Broncos have worn a similar number font since their late 90s rebrand, but has a slight variation to what da Bears have long had.

Since I assume you're a SOX fan I will tell you that the 1906 throwback jerseys they wore for at least one game in 2006 are among my favorite MLB turn-back-the-clock uniform sets of all time.

4108193772_4a4712b914.jpg

trapasso-of-the-tennessee-titans-runs-fo

2508553401_c64240fecd_o.png

* This (Jon Garland) photo from the 2006 season is the only photo I've seen of those 1906 throwbacks and it's simply awesome!  If I had to guess I'd say they probably wore them at home against the Cubs in interleague play.

10 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

I hate to burst your bubble there Mr Bears and White Sox fan, but the Houston Oilers had long worn what I believe is the same exact number font as da Bears for as long as I can remember.  an I will tell you that the 1906 throwback jerseys they wore for select games in 2006 are among my favorite MBL turn-back-the-clock uniform sets of all time.

s-l300.jpghqdefault.jpg

7 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

I hate to burst your bubble there Mr Bears and White Sox fan, but the Houston Oilers had long worn what I believe is the same exact number font as da Bears for as long as I can remember.  I had always noticed them for being one of the very few teams without block numbers and just like the ones da Bears wear and I really liked them for those teams.

Also, the Denver Broncos also have worn those same style number fonts since their late 90s rebrand.

Since you're a SOX fan I will tell you that the 1906 throwback jerseys they wore for select games in 2006 are among my favorite MBL turn-back-the-clock uniform sets of all time.

The Oilers wore non-block numerals just in 1960 and Raiders wore non-block numerals in 1961 and 1962. The font itself wasn't the same as the Bears though. From 1963 to 1997, the total number of teams wearing non-block numerals was exactly 1, the Bears. 

Oddly enough, I've wondered if there is actually a connection between the Bears non-block numbers and the Cubs non-block numbers. Some of the early versions of the Bears numbers in 1950's looked pretty similar to the Cubs numbers. 

44 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

Also, the Denver Broncos have worn a similar number font since their late 90s rebrand, but has a slight variation to what da Bears have long had.

Since I assume you're a SOX fan I will tell you that the 1906 throwback jerseys they wore for at least one game in 2006 are among my favorite MLB turn-back-the-clock uniform sets of all time.

4108193772_4a4712b914.jpg

trapasso-of-the-tennessee-titans-runs-fo

2508553401_c64240fecd_o.png

* This Jon Lester photo from the 2006 season is the only photo I've seen of those 1906 throwbacks and it's simply

awesome!  If I had to guess I'd say they probably wore them at home against the Cubs in interleague play.

That's Jon Garland. :)

7 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

That's Jon Garland

Whoooahhh ... my bad!!   That was a typo too BJ.

Jon Garland is from Hart High and his hometown is right here in Valencia, CA ... where I live.

Ya got me fella!

* bows head in embarrassment * ?

That Chiefs/Rams game might be moved from Mexico due to the field. If so, will the Rams still wear the Color Rush if the game is moved back to The Coliseum?

If it IS moved to The Coliseum, dammit Rams WEAR WHITE PANTS AND BLUE SOCKS!

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

16 minutes ago, Ben in LA said:

That Chiefs/Rams game might be moved from Mexico due to the field. If so, will the Rams still wear the Color Rush if the game is moved back to The Coliseum?

If it IS moved to The Coliseum, dammit Rams WEAR WHITE PANTS AND BLUE SOCKS!

Nope they will continue to wear the all yellow outfit. They announced it earlier this season.  They will not change it now.

1 hour ago, orangefaniniowa said:

Nope they will continue to wear the all yellow outfit. They announced it earlier this season.  They will not change it now.

That's not necessarily true Mr Orange n Iowa.

Back around 1-July when all 32 clubs had to submit to the league whether they'd be wearing their color or white jerseys for each of their 8 home games does not (and someone correct me if I'm wrong on which color) lock them in as to whether it's their regular, alternate, or throwback color jersey.

Also, socks and pants are an open option up until game week, so the Rams could wear their Royal Blue or Yellow jersey, I do not believe they're locked in UNLESS the deal they got from the NFL was that the royal blue throwbacks are worn 5 games at LA Coliseum. Either way, they should be able to decide which pants and socks they desire to wear, KC already knows they're in white jerseys.

However after much protesting to the NFL by the Rams on behalf of the fans, the League made an exception to them regarding the royal blue throwbacks. Upon that NFL exception it was announced that LA would wear the white jerseys for the first two home games, royal blue throwbacks for the 5 home games, and the yellow color-rush for games in SF and the Mexico City (home game designate).  

So ....  if they're locked into wearing the yellow jerseys as was announced in summer (which I doubt the NFL would force upon them)  they should still be able to wear whichever pants and socks that they so choose, IF the NFL insists on the Rams having to wear the yellow jerseys even with this switch of venue.

My guess is they still will wear the yellow jerseys as that is also considered a Los Angeles Rams throwback jersey from the 1950s. If so, stay tuned regarding pants and socks. I like Ben in LA's preference of white pants and blue socks with the yellow jerseys.

3 minutes ago, Froob said:

Blue pants with the yellow jerseys looks great in Madden.

That sounds awful. The solid white stripe on the navy pants would stick out like a sore thumb with the navy and yellow color scheme of the CR helmets and jerseys.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived