2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

On 11/14/2018 at 10:21 AM, ARTnSocal said:

I doubt KC will wanna wear mono-red for a 2nd time this season, so we'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs were to go white on white for the first time this season.

Every once in awhile one of my hunches comes to pass.  My parents would be so proud!

Only mystery left  . . Does LA continue with their original plans of donning the mono 1951 C-Rush or . . with the venue moved to LA where it should have been all along, do they elect to wear their pre-2001 blue-yellow throwbacks?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We often speak about socks that NFL teams wear, some good and some all wrong with their colored pants, and I've long been wondering why we're not seeing NIKE make different belt colors on the pants like what was once so common.  During Buffalo's 2011 rebrand back to traditional look, there's was something about the blue pants that just just didn't seem right that I couldn't quite detect at the time.

Then it hit me, the blue pants from 1973-1984 had a red inner/outter belt which really complimented both the pants and the entire uniform set.  This can still be done because I do remember seeing at least one team with a different belt color on their pants. 

For instance, take a look a the old NY Jets uniform set with the kelly green belt. That's back in the day when the logo was pointed and looked like the shape of a football instead of their rebranded logo shaped like a rugby ball with the present oval shape.  That green belt on those white pants brings some life to that look IMO..

507c8abc192bfb9496c69b52f1d406af--joe-na

1 hour ago, ARTnSocal said:

Every once in awhile one of my hunches comes to pass.  My parents would be so proud!

Only mystery left  . . Does LA continue with their original plans of donning the mono 1951 C-Rush or . . with the venue moved to LA where it should have been all along, do they elect to wear their pre-2001 blue-yellow throwbacks?

I'm more than certain the Rams will stick with what was scheduled.

On 11/15/2018 at 7:28 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Looks like an all-black color rash. 

At first glance, I thought they were going leotard. They have worn what I consider “wrong” socks once or twice, but they usually do the right thing and wear contrasting socks. I do think this is their “new” rush cause I heard the blue pants were scrapped and I see full black socks on the players. I wouldn’t have minded a fourth blue pant option for a game (just one), but not with the blue jersey.

KISSwall09.jpg

What a bad uniform weekend this has been. Teams are getting too carried away with the Color Rush and alternates, which I knew would be the case with this dumb new rule. That Panthers Lions game was hideous, the Ravens wore black for the 2nd time in 3 weeks, the Falcons wore their boring throwbacks for the third time this year, the Saints in Color Rush for the third time...It's just too much for me. Steelers Jags looked good though.

It makes me sad that 2 years ago for Week 11's Titans Colts matchup, we got this:

624667268.0.jpg

and 2 years later we see the unbearably awful navy helmet/pants garbage.

Well we also got to see the jaguars teal jerseys instead of black. Also I like the Saints color rush and think it's their best uniform combination. The Lions vs Panthers game was bad because the Lions color rush is horrendous and there was really nothing the Panthers could do to make the game look better especially since their colors match Detroit kinda closely

15 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

Well we also got to see the jaguars teal jerseys instead of black. Also I like the Saints color rush and think it's their best uniform combination. The Lions vs Panthers game was bad because the Lions color rush is horrendous and there was really nothing the Panthers could do to make the game look better especially since their colors match Detroit kinda closely

All valid points. Teal should be the Jags' main jersey color so that one makes sense, but the Saints are black and gold and that is what they should wear in their stadium if you ask me. And the fact that it was against Philly, who every team seems to wear white at home against, made it a bit worse for me.

44 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

All valid points. Teal should be the Jags' main jersey color so that one makes sense, but the Saints are black and gold and that is what they should wear in their stadium if you ask me. And the fact that it was against Philly, who every team seems to wear white at home against, made it a bit worse for me.

They weren't planning to wear white for that game it's just that Sean Payton lost a bet to Doug Peterson

1 hour ago, AstroBull21 said:

Have the Saints had the black throwback this whole time on mothballs?

Lots of color rush on Sunday the 25th too...

They wore them in 2016 so probably. And yes, this is shaping up to be another weekend with some unwatchable games. I thought the rule was you could wear alternate or color rush collectively up to 3 times, but several teams seem to have broken that rule already.

25 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

They wore them in 2016 so probably. And yes, this is shaping up to be another weekend with some unwatchable games. I thought the rule was you could wear alternate or color rush collectively up to 3 times, but several teams seem to have broken that rule already.

Actually no team has wore an alternate, color rush, or throwback more than 3 times thru this week.

Thru week 11, i count the Jags teal alt, Saints CR, Rams throwbacks being worn 3 times so far.  We have a good about of ones worn twice thru week 11 (Falcons throwback, Ravens alt, Bears alt, Bengals alt, Lions CR, Pats CR, Rams CR, and Titans alt).  it might seem like that rules were broke, but nothing so far.

Archived