2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

1 hour ago, fouhy12 said:

Carolina's color scheme is one that is really tough to manage. Black/blue/silver/white looks great at home, but it becomes really hard to maintain the same color hierarchy on the road with white uniforms. On the flip side, just using Black/blue/white is a good look, but it feels kind of empty in comparison. I don't really have a solution, and it's a problem I haven't really been able to deal with when making concepts. 

Agree completely. I love the blue that they use, it works really well with black. The silver does look good with the black and blue, but doesn’t work at all with white on the road uniforms. Electric blue, black, and white is a great color scheme. I’m sure they could come up with a good set using either a black helmet or even a metallic electric blue helmet. If I were someone getting into football for the first time and had to choose a team, I’d pick the Panthers based solely off of the color scheme and logo. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, FSUViking said:

None of that is really motivating.

Why would I be banned?

OK, you realize different people SEE different colors, right? Do you attack people who are colorblind?

So I'm stupid because I see a different color than you do? WOW. Sorry to "aggravate" you with how my eyes work. Christ, I hope you don't have children. God knows what you might do to them if they see a different hue than you do.

Correct. If you make something up which is incorrect and refuse to admit you’re wrong when you’re irrefutably proven wrong then you’re just an idiot and need to be ignored. Color blind people don’t insist the sky is gray and argue with people who tell try to politely them they’re just seeing it wrong. When you get to that point your just a jerk who loves to argue so again, you get ignored. 

And since you seem concerned about my parenting skills,  I have two awesome kids and the first thing they learned is to admit when they are wrong, made a mistake, whatever it might be. Stubbornness and irresponsibility are two of the worst traits a person can have. 

Done with you now. 

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

11 hours ago, TSHARE18 said:

Agree completely. I love the blue that they use, it works really well with black. The silver does look good with the black and blue, but doesn’t work at all with white on the road uniforms. Electric blue, black, and white is a great color scheme. I’m sure they could come up with a good set using either a black helmet or even a metallic electric blue helmet. If I were someone getting into football for the first time and had to choose a team, I’d pick the Panthers based solely off of the color scheme and logo. 

Idk, the silver really brings all the colors together. On the white uniforms they need to change the stripes so the helmet doesn’t clash too much too much with the colors

Interesting Wikipedia Fact: Navy blue got its name from the dark blue worn by officers in the British Royal Navy since 1748 and subsequently adopted by other navies around the world.  In practice, actual blue uniforms of the United States Navy and other navies have become outright black in color, in order to combat fading (I didn’t know this).

Despite the fact that the Navy now passes black off as dark blue, I see navy blue when I see the Chicago Bears and I have since the 80’s.  I did think they were black in the 70’s however. 

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Y'all were already warned by a mod to DROP THE SUBJECT. So here's another mod telling you again to DROP IT.

And drop the combative attitudes when posting. You are allowed to disagree, but do so in a civil manner. Some of you are crossing that line of civility. Any more bickering will result in warnings and possible suspensions.

I literally had the Bears black vs. blue argument with my dad when I was 5. 

I made the same mistake. 

If you aren’t convinced look at helmets worn in different lighting conditions in the same season. There’s no way George Halas was paying for the team to wear multiple helmets or even repaint them. 

Again. I lost this exact argument 30 years ago. 

On 11/23/2018 at 9:52 AM, JOEYxFRESCO said:

Carolina in black tops black bottoms again 

I think my theory of the Panthers switching over to black/black as their primaries might be true. They haven’t worn the silver pants once this year. This might be an indicator of silver being gone from their branding once they get new uniforms. They have a new owner wanting to make changes, and they can get the process started in March 2019 to have them ready by the 2020 season. 

I’m probably in the minority when I say I love the way silver contrasts with the colors. That silver helmet really pops off the black and blue 

My perfect world...

Have Black, blue, and white as primary colors. If they still want to use silver, user it as an accent color.

Get rid of the silver helmet and that would solve so many issues. The uniform options have been great this year, but the helmet is ruining it.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

I always liked the Panthers uniform set since their 1995 inception, and with the silver pants when wearing their black jerseys.

As soon as Richardson sold the team I stated NOT to change their uniforms, they're just fine as is. I stand by that, and they're gettiing totally carried away with this mono black. 

Bears-Yankees subject has gotten out of hand just as stated by the two Mods. I will echo the others and I will tell the non-believers that they both wear dark-navy, AKA: midnight-navy.

Now the Chicago White Sox, they're the ones who wear black  . . As do Raiders, Saints, Falcons, along with other teams alternates.

As Tommy James of the Shondells said in the lyrics . . 🎼 "Children behave" 🎼

Seahawks in white jerseys today (Russell Wilson's Instagram story). Probably going to wear navy pants because they only wear grey and white pants once a year with the white jerseys usually but hopefully they wear all white because the Panthers are in all black. 

Browns in orange pants and brown socks – they love looking super orange against the Bengals for some reason, at least the Bengals are in black

Ravens go alternate, alternate, Color Rush in their past 3 home games and the one before that was purple over purple.

Eagles, like the Ravens, going all black 2 weeks apart against division rivals and could possibly wear them again next Monday night vs Washington

Jets in green on green vs. NE for the first time since the butt fumble game

Bucs in white on white at the end of November and their entire Instagram post about it is filled with complaints from fans

Random Thoughts:

I wish the Philadelphia Eagles would drop black from their color scheme all together.

I'm surprised that I find the Jax Jags all-black uniform to be their least objectionable combo.

The Carolina Panthers look good in either monochrome white or black IMO.  I love how the blue pops off their uniforms.

The Baltimore Ravens color rush uniforms would look better w/o the solid purple socks.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

On 11/24/2018 at 8:06 AM, TheBigFiz21 said:

I thought it was mentioned before the start of the season that it wasn't going to be used, but it turns out we were wrong....the Ravens CR is BACK. And it's official:

Are the Ravens the only NFL team that has two different jerseys and pants that are both the same base (non-white) color? 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived