2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

27 minutes ago, Froob said:

Has anybody done a mock up of the Rams throwbacks with helmets with the matching light blue?

On 11/21/2018 at 9:59 AM, GFB said:

If Royal Blue and Gold are indeed the primary colors, the Rams need to ditch the navy helmets. 

Mv7HEgE.png

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Ark said:

I like the side panels of those Vikings uniforms, how they look like  horns but then wrap around.

la-sp-sn-brett-favre-nfl-play-20150630

But IMO these are the best uniforms the Vikings ever had:

6eK4ob4.jpg

No, the 1961-1969 set is better than the 1970-1995 set for one reason, consistent Gold Striping. The 70-95 unis dropped the gold off the numbers, but kept it on the Northwestern Sleeve Stripes. Also, it is the only Vikings set to have any sort of Sock Stripe, so that's a plus!

FranTarkenton278CC_original.jpg?128511393c7f83e243f39104063602279fa56c7c--footba

da0Lbhs.png

23 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

May have missed this, but just curious do you have to wear the color rush uniform entirely? Could the Broncos wear their color rush jerseys and helmets with white pants, or would that break some rule? Is it all or nothing 

The Raiders wore their CR with Silver Pants to make it into a Throwback Uni instead.

usa_today_9749271.jpg

To...

usatsi_11572906.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

da0Lbhs.png

On 11/21/2018 at 8:07 PM, FSUViking said:

I believe my eyes. And Walter Peyton is 100% wearing a BLACK jersey in that photo.

I believe my eyes too, and what I saw is that you initially misspelled the late-great Walter Payton's name with an 'E'

How do ya like them 🍎 🍎 🍎 apples?  

and please don't tell me that my apples look green to you!   😉

Kidding aside, and seriously, da Bears currently and have always worn navy and orange, regarded as midnight or dark navy, which was George Halas' way of paying tribute to the University of Illinois and their team colors, which was his alma mater. 

I swear that to be true as a former Eagle Scout . .  💁🏼‍♂️

Now this subject has really gotta finally end .. even if it somehow gets Cleve-jacked 😧

On 11/25/2018 at 1:36 PM, Bill81361 said:

Broncos in color rush orange and throwback helmets

Well . . I hate to be pedantic here (or do I) 🤔 

but . . . Those are NOT throwback helmets.  The only thing 'throwback' on that helmet is the logo decal.

Now, if they were wearing that ugly silhouette blue colored helmet before their late 90's rebrand, then it could be regarded as a "throwback helmet".

That silhouette blue helmet from Denver's Orange Crush era, that was one awful shade of blue (IMO), and that particular shade of orange from that era sure didn't help compliment that set either.

8 hours ago, Froob said:

Does anybody else miss these jerseys?

I’m not sure when they went away, but I felt like they had more personality. Their current ones are great too, but these were a lot of fun

Adrian-Peterson-wants-to-be-the-best-eve

Ahhhh ...... no    😑

55 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

Well . . I hate to be pedantic here (or do I) 🤔 

but . . . Those are NOT throwback helmets.  The only thing 'throwback' on that helmet is the logo decal.

Now, if they were wearing that ugly silhouette blue colored helmet before their late 90's rebrand, then it could be regarded as a "throwback helmet".

That silhouette blue helmet from Denver's Orange Crush era, that was one awful shade of blue (IMO), and that particular shade of orange from that era sure didn't help compliment that set either.

Well since the NFL has an one helmet rule, that's as close as they're going to get.

It's also why we'll never get to see these again, which is a shame
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRX3Dfi3yR5fn7n03byoJ2

10 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

Has a team ever worn the same uniform through an entire season both home and away? I was on the gridiron uniform database for the skins, fins, and cowboys and another team always forced them to wear their home jerseys once or twice.

The 1998 Oilers not only wore white for all 16 regular season games, but also for their four preseason games.

Given the Chargers current aesthetic would a move towards royal be a way for the Rams to distinguish themselves? Maybe an intermediate color like a lapis? 

Personally, I like the idea of the Rams actually maintaining something of the duality they have now. Have a blue/white only white uniform paired with a white horned helmet and a blue/gold dark uniform paired with a gold horned helmet. 

23 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Those (Vikings 2006-2012) uniforms had more personality in the sense that the Riddler has more personality

than Batman...

Well . . . That would really depend on which Riddler you're talkin' here

The original Frank Gorshin to me was far and away the best.  Gomez Addams should have been sent back home to Morticia. The other actors I won't even mention. The original portrayed by FG to me was by far the best portrayal and brought out the most in the characters personality, just as I find the current Vikings uniforms their finest since their 1961 inception, but . . . GET SOME WHITE striped socks to wear the the purple pants FGS!!

ridldlers.jpg

16 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Given that the Titans are going "Color Rush" here by just wearing white socks, can the NFL drop the charade and permit solid white socks to be worn with dark pants? Speaking for a team that likes to wear dark pants which will remain nameless but rhymes with Schmaints. 

As long as the white socks have stripes, like the Patriots. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived