2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, frosty06306 said:

Its really starting to set in for me that the Panthers are never going to wear silver pants again. Uniform overhaul and a complete removal of silver from the identity is likely on the horizon. We've worn (including socks) like 9 different combos this year but can't be bothered to wear our best one. Whatever, this season sucks - might as well look like trash while we're playing like it.

I would like to add the Panthers are 0-2 in their all black when paired with black socks, with losses to the Lions and Browns this season. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

1 hour ago, Chawls said:

I would like to add the Panthers are 0-2 in their all black when paired with black socks, with losses to the Lions and Browns this season. 

Haha, you don't have to tell me that we're 2-5 in non-preseason contests (2-3 blue socks, 0-2 black socks) wearing them - only wins coming over the Bucs and Jets. 4 out of the 5 games in this awful streak have been mono v mono too. It's just so frustrating that people freak out over them so much, and refer to them as the greatest uniforms of all-time because of a stupid fan vote contest.

889671870-minnesota-vikings-v-carolina-p

This is just such an obviously superior look in my mind. The thing I will say for all of our mix and matching this year, is I do like the white pants paired with the blue tops. Everything else has been putting different sets together just for the sake of doing it. S/B/S, S/W/W, S/B/W is how it should be in my mind. I guess it could be worse, but still - disappointing.

14 hours ago, Froob said:

These Rams jerseys are making a mockery of the league. Nfl shouldn’t have allowed them. Just fix the uniforms or throwback altogether.

[sarcasm]

It is most certainly true that the Rams wearing these white jerseys with gold trim is the BIGGEST problem facing the NFL today. A travishamockery, I tell ya.

[/sarcasm]

It's where I sit.

6 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

[sarcasm]

It is most certainly true that the Rams wearing these white jerseys with gold trim is the BIGGEST problem facing the NFL today. A travishamockery, I tell ya.

[/sarcasm]

It is more tolerable than when they wore navy with that helmet, but it still looks off with the random gold accents that don't appear anywhere else, and being on Sunday Night Football doesn't help..

41 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

It's kinda weird how the NFL won't let teams change their uniforms if they relocate. Like I get why you can only change it every 5 years but if a team relocates to a different stadium they should be able to change their uniforms

They could’ve... but they wanted their new uniforms unveiled with the new stadium, so if they would’ve changed with the move to LA, they wouldn’t have been able to change them until year 2 or so of the new stadium. 

Some random thoughts:

Could be the second year in a row we bizarrely don't see Eagle green pants til Week 15.

Cards might go red pants again vs. a red team.

Titans have to be in white over Columbia this week. They lost badly in each of the other combos the last times they wore them.

If the Ravens wear purple, I'm gonna say it has to be over black pants, which they haven't done yet this season.

Need the Saints in gold pants but it won't happen. They never wear gold pants in Carolina anyway.

Very glad the Broncos chose navy against the Browns instead of orange.

So the Seahawks didn't bother to color their end zones neon green tonight to match their color rush. They just have it as navy blue as it normally is. Last time they wore color rush at home they had matching neon green end zones. I would've liked to see them have neon green end zones and use navy blue lettering instead of the white lettering they used 2 years ago or at least use neon green lettering instead of white lettering with the navy blue end zones. Oh well maybe next year

Archived