2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no logical reason why the Eagles should favor the all white look. The whole "clean" argument in general is so cheesy and tired to me. Just cause it's white on white doesn't mean it's clean. The green pants allow for a far more balanced, interesting uniform. All white looks like it's a preseason game and the black socks make it worse.

Seahawks and Chiefs should both wear color rush next week on Sunday night because Christmas is 2 days after the game so it would be a nice touch to have a red vs green game. Also color blind problem wouldn't be as big because the Seahawks wear navy helmets

Are the Rams "yellow horn" helmets actually different helmets than the "white horn" helmets, or are they just decals?  If different helmets, why do they seem to get a pass on the mismatched helmet and jersey (navy and royal)?  Didn't the original jerseys match better?

5 hours ago, goforbroke said:

I don't have any Intel on this.. but when they did their uni reveal they said their "color rush" was all Columbia.  Then last week when they were listed on the grid as color rush, they wore all navy.  It doesn't really matter since its all part of their regular uniform combos, but i wonder if somewhere along the line they switched their color rush designation to the all navy.   Again -- doesn't matter since none of them are really special event combos and color rush isn't really a thing anyway. 

How Can Color Rush Be Real If Our Eyes Aren’t Real

32 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

Are the Rams "yellow horn" helmets actually different helmets than the "white horn" helmets, or are they just decals?  If different helmets, why do they seem to get a pass on the mismatched helmet and jersey (navy and royal)?  Didn't the original jerseys match better?

It's just a different decal. 

27 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

It’s the same helmets because the royal Rams always used navy helmets. I believe the Giants at the time were the same way. The reason is that just was a lot easier to make a good-looking navy helmet than royal. Look at the Broncos blue lids before they got Nikefied; it’s a pretty uninspiring shade and finish compared to, say, the modern Giants helmets. Also, it was a lot less noticeable on the crummy TVs of old. Hope they go with something like the Giants a year from now.

Okay, I'm officially calling for the Bills to burn their color rush look. I've tried to like them, but there's just no way I'll ever be able separate the red uniforms from the Patriots' throwback jerseys...

patriots-throwback.jpg

f1a54b06-d75c-4571-a0c7-ea7493c39071-JG_

And when they're not reminding me of the Patriots, it still looks like they're trying to rip off the Chiefs monochrome look. Give it a rest, Bills. Enough with the red.

On 12/15/2018 at 11:18 AM, msubulldog said:

Could qualify for the worst matchup of the year if the Saints go white over black.

I hate those black pants the Saints use just as much as Baltimore's black pants.  They both look like leotards without the stripe. I wish the saints would promote their color rush uniform to primary road and throw the leotard pants in the garbage. 

17 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

So does this mean they might not be in white? No one wants to see white at home for a Saturday December game, especially inter conference.

The Titans? There's been some late changes this season but right now they are listed as white at home and redskins are listed as red on the road.  Maybe they are planning a winter white out or something

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

This seems a good place to leave this: https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Ezekiel-Elliott-Dak-Prescott-fined-big-for-wearing-sleeves-126474751/Amp/

"So, why are the sleeves a violation?

Well, according the Article 4, Subsection J of the Uniform Policy, the sleeves don't match the team color, which is blue for the Cowboys -- not white. For example, wide receiver Cole Beasley has been spotted wearing sleeves multiple times in the past few weeks, but they were blue. 

Are you effing kidding me?

2 hours ago, coogrfan said:

This seems a good place to leave this: https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Ezekiel-Elliott-Dak-Prescott-fined-big-for-wearing-sleeves-126474751/Amp/

"So, why are the sleeves a violation?

Well, according the Article 4, Subsection J of the Uniform Policy, the sleeves don't match the team color, which is blue for the Cowboys -- not white. For example, wide receiver Cole Beasley has been spotted wearing sleeves multiple times in the past few weeks, but they were blue. 

Are you effing kidding me?

you need rules dude, and sometimes you need to get ahead of these things before players make up reasons to wear whatever color sleeves and cleats they want. William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats and everyone killed the NFL because he said it was for charity, which i understand. But you do have to draw a line somewhere. What if the next guy wears yellow cleats because its his kids favorite color, and the next guy wears polka dot cleats because he like polka music.   There's a line, stay on your side of it.  And if you know your breaking the rule, then take the fine.  NFL gives many warnings and training before issuing a fine. There's uniform codes posted in every locker room.  players know they are breaking the rules. 

Besides if i was given an NFL uniform i would be honored beyond belief. I would not try to alter to to fit my own personal taste. 

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Why can't the Chargers wear white pants with the Navy tops at home.Do they think it's a San Diego look? The all white look at least on the road looks much better at night than during the day for them.And yes Buffalo needs to burn the red jerseys and red pants.Now. 

Archived