2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without druding up this whole thread, this being the last week and Washington wearing yellow pants and striped socks (was this the first time?) I think the uniforms we did not see this year (correct me where I’m wrong) were the panthers blue pants (which I believe were dropped),the falcons color rush, cowboys actual silver pants, Vikings color rush, rams navy jersey, chargers powder blue???? (Thought it was worn once maybe), Browns orange jersey???, jets color rush???, dolphins orange (think it was dropped), and all Texans red (pants, jersey, socks). 

KISSwall09.jpg

33 minutes ago, hormone said:

Without druding up this whole thread, this being the last week and Washington wearing yellow pants and striped socks (was this the first time?) I think the uniforms we did not see this year (correct me where I’m wrong) were the panthers blue pants (which I believe were dropped),the falcons color rush, cowboys actual silver pants, Vikings color rush, rams navy jersey, chargers powder blue???? (Thought it was worn once maybe), Browns orange jersey???, jets color rush???, dolphins orange (think it was dropped), and all Texans red (pants, jersey, socks). 

Jets color rush (vs Minnesota) and Chargers (vs Titans) were worn.

48 minutes ago, hormone said:

14 minutes ago, Froob said:

Jets color rush (vs Minnesota) and Chargers (vs Titans) were worn.

• Panthers blue pants were dropped
  • Falcons didn't wear Color Rash this year
  • Dallas wore actual silver pants Week 1 and Week 7
  • Rams navy was discontinued in favor of the royal blue jersey
  • Browns orange jersey may have been mothballed
  • Dolphins orange/color rash was dropped
  • Texans all red look was not used (thankfully)

Who Wore What When from Gridiron Uniforms database

56 minutes ago, hormone said:

IIRC the Texans mothballed the red pants a while ago, although they’re still in Madden (similar to the Bears orange pants).

ExJworW.png

1 hour ago, hormone said:

Chargers wore powder blue at home vs the Raiders 10/7 and in London vs the Titans 10/21

8 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Actually thought the Browns white over brown looked alright against the Ravens black over purple.Maybe the Saints will have the sense to wear black over gold in 2 weeks now that they got smacked wearing the all black.One can hope.

They just need to remove the letters on the pants.

3 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

IIRC the Texans mothballed the red pants a while ago, although they’re still in Madden (similar to the Bears orange pants).

Last seen in 2010. I wish they bring them back next year with a navy stripe instead of the white, ditch our original navy pants and use the CR pants with red socks. 

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

Actually thought the Browns white over brown looked alright against the Ravens black over purple.Maybe the Saints will have the sense to wear black over gold in 2 weeks now that they got smacked wearing the all black.One can hope.

Wish they pulled a Cowboys and used the color rush pants. Contrasting socks made the brown pants look good as they can though.

1 hour ago, Froob said:

They just need to remove the letters on the pants.

Yeah the letters on the pants and jersey have to go.Bring back the Brian Sipe era uni's next time around;come out with a cream colored throwback jersey with Brownie the Elf as a patch on the front with brown pants and put numbers on one side of the helmet and your going to have a good looking uniform to go with the improved product on the field.

Saw the Ravens combo today and loved it. Best on-field look the team has had since 1996.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

5 hours ago, Froob said:

Is this the Ravens fourth alternate game..?

Yes. This is the second year in a row, too. I don't understand how this is permitted by the league, but I'll take it, because ALAS I got to see a new favorite color combination debut tonight! In 2017, Baltimore wore their "Blackout" look twice (vs. Pittsburgh & vs. Houston) + black jersey with white pants once (vs. Indianapolis), as well as "Color Rush" purple & gold appearance vs. Miami. This season, they wore black jerseys three times. They sported said tops with white pants vs. Pittsburgh, with black pants vs. Cincinnati, and then finally paired them with purple pants vs. Cleveland tonight. Additionally, they of course also utilized the "Color Rush" threads one time only for the third straight season (since introduced in 2016 vs. Cleveland on TNF) against Oakland a few weeks back.

9 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Saw the Ravens combo today and loved it. Best on-field look the team has had since 1996.

Gotta disagree with that.  I thought I'd like it, but I think that purple over black >>>>>>>>>>>>. black over purple.  

Their uniofrms should be:

Home: black-purple-black

Road1: black-white-purple

Road2: black-white-white

Home Alt: black-black-black

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

44 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Gotta disagree with that.  I thought I'd like it, but I think that purple over black >>>>>>>>>>>>. black over purple.  

They need NEED purple socks to go with their black pants in order for this to work. A decent stripe on them, too.

42 minutes ago, Pauly said:

The league was very generous in waiving previous rules regarding uniforms as with the Rams,Ravens,and Dolphins all getting waivers on uniform choices.

Are these the first steps towards total anarchy?

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Eh, I prefer having the ten options of color combinations that they wore this season, as opposed to merely four. Albeit, I personally could do without the black over white, despite loving white on black, even though black helmet/white jersey/purple pants/black socks may have actually surpassed that as my favorite road regalia. However, I do feel that they should almost always wear contrasting socks, just as they wisely do with the white and "primary" purple pants, respectively. One exception to that rule would be during the times that they decide to sport the "Blackout" appearance, which mimics a real life raven's look. Another idea that I thought would look nice is those "Blaze" alternate purple & gold helmets with "Color Rush", thus the black ones would not stick out like a sore thumb, since monotone for CR seems to be insisted upon at least from the neck down. Of course, that would hinge on more than one helmet being permitted ever again, which is quite unlikely.

Additionally, to reiterate, I would enjoy the black pants even more with predominantly purple socksa la last year's Madden '18 commercial featuring Eric Weddle in them with away white jersey, as well as a balanced appearance inclusion of purple undershirt sleeves, despite being inaccurate in both of those waysso as to eliminate the yoga/leggings effect, yet still keep one pair of pants somewhat unique by being sans stripes. Plus, Ray Lewis did help design the current black pants/entire ensemble of aforementioned alternate ("Blackout") threads back before their official debut in 2004. Granted, I always liked the 1997 road black pants with white-purple-white stripe pattern too, alongside the added bonus of contrasting (striped white) socks, however I did NOT enjoy the 1996 version featuring an ugly, single, thick, white stripe. But anyway, aside from my passionate debate/chime-in, I still respect your opinions/preferences in regards to this topic. After all, 'tis merely a matter of "To each his own" at the end of the day!

Archived