Milwaukee Braves Logo

jmoe12

7wKVBdK.png

As much as I like the Brewers' identity, I am fascinated by the history of the Milwaukee Braves, and wish they could have stayed around for longer. This is my concept for a secondary logo that could be used by the team in place of the racist or ugly secondaries they've had in the past. Any C&C would be greatly appreciated!

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

This is really, really good. I'd love to see a full uniform set based around this logo. 

Thanks! I've never actually designed a baseball uniform before, but I think I'll give it a shot. I doubt I'd change too much, though, I love the Braves current identity.

oy6jWXd.png

Ok, here are some uniform ideas I had. Caps are the same as the original Milwaukee ones, with the simple M and a red bill. I removed the piping from the center of the uniform and reduced outlines on the tomahawk to decrease clutter in the center of the shirt. I kept the piping on the sleeves, neck, and pants. The Away uniform has the Braves script again because I felt a script "Milwaukee" wouldn't fit as well. Stripes return to the socks. I was going to do stirrups but ultimately decided against it. Home alt sees the new logo on the chest, and the road alt is a blue version of the home and road with a new Indian head cap. I'd appreciate any C&C.

14 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Other than editing the expression of the face, the rendering itself and quality of the logo from a design and application perspective is amazing! 

Thanks for the feedback! The face is definitely something I struggled with, is there something specific I should change?

Your part of the design looks great and the way he’s gazing upward gives this an appropriately prideful feel. It’s the squiggly lines in the tomahawk (which looks like you’ve just taken the actual logo as is) that could be updated so it better matches what you’ve done. I would also suggest covering 25-33% of the neck since it looks a bit long. Other than that, good stuff, unique arrangement.

I think the tomahawk looks a but too long, and should end right where you have the gold band placed right now.

The feathers IMO should be evenly sized, or at least alternate in thickness, and the top part I think would look better if it continued to be rounded off at the part where you gave it a concave look. Definitely cover the neck up some more because like the post above me said, it does seem a little long.

Thank you all for the feedback!

5 hours ago, jaha32 said:

Your part of the design looks great and the way he’s gazing upward gives this an appropriately prideful feel. It’s the squiggly lines in the tomahawk (which looks like you’ve just taken the actual logo as is) that could be updated so it better matches what you’ve done. I would also suggest covering 25-33% of the neck since it looks a bit long. Other than that, good stuff, unique arrangement.

I definitely agree about the tomahawk, and I'll try to rework it in my next draft. This project made me realize just how detailed the Braves logo is, and I kinda like it less now than I did before.

3 hours ago, builtbymachines said:

I think the tomahawk looks a but too long, and should end right where you have the gold band placed right now.

The feathers IMO should be evenly sized, or at least alternate in thickness, and the top part I think would look better if it continued to be rounded off at the part where you gave it a concave look. Definitely cover the neck up some more because like the post above me said, it does seem a little long.

So, this might be a bit of a stretch, but my original intent for this logo was to mimic the outline of Wisconsin, kinda like this. 

ycrBDS0.png?1

I kinda took some liberties, especially on the east side, so it must not have come out as clearly as I intended. Is it worth keeping, or should I rework it to make the logo flow more naturally and abandon the Wisconsin element?

1 hour ago, marlins2017 said:

The "M" looks like the Mississippi Braves cap logo. Otherwise looks good!

I took the cap logo directly from the old Milwaukee Braves logo. I think it's a great cap, so I left it as is.

Archived