Hall of Very Good

GriffinM6

1200px-Ricky_Rudd.jpg

Right now, Ricky Rudd is in NASCAR's "Hall of Very Good". He was the model of consistency, probably one of the drivers you would've wanted if you were starting up a team in the 90s and early 2000s.

He's been HoF-eligible the past few years, stuck on the ballot as there were other drivers with better career portfolios getting in (Martin, Labonte, Parsons, Hornaday is arguable). Now, Rudd's going to get into the NASCAR Hall of Fame eventually, but it's going to be a few more years.

No way Rudd gets in ahead of guys like Jeff Gordon (first year of eligibility), and guys like Tony Stewart (eligible in 2020, I believe).

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Is Prince Feilder in gonna be in the Hall? Well he’s definitely in the hall of very good, 6× All-Star, 3× Silver Slugger Award, NL Hank Aaron Award, AL Comeback Player of the Year, NL home run leader, MLB RBI leader. 

Excellent!

Steven Jackson

Matt Forte

Ahman Green

Donald Driver

Peanut Tillman

Lance Briggs

Adewale Ogunleye

Robert Porcher

Andre Johnson

Reggie Wayne

Brian Westbrook

I know he's still active, but Shady McCoy

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 5/27/2018 at 11:05 PM, Discrimihater said:

Steven Jackson

Matt Forte

Ahman Green

Donald Driver

Peanut Tillman

Lance Briggs

Adewale Ogunleye

Robert Porcher

Andre Johnson

Reggie Wayne

Brian Westbrook

I know he's still active, but Shady McCoy

Donald won't get into the NFL HOF, unless maybe he is a part of a down year class and they need bodies. But, he will definitely be inducted into the Packers HOF and Ring of Honor. His number 80 though will not be retired by the team. I don't really see Green in Driver's class. I think he stands out due to being a really good player on some of our "bad" teams since 2000.

packchampionslfroh.png

Just as well that #80 stays in circulation, retiring numbers is generally a stupid way to honor players.  As much as I loathe Meesheegan, I liked what they did with that Legends thing before Harbaugh scrapped it.  Ditto the Maple Leafs' former practice of honoring numbers w/o taking them out of circulation.  

On Ahman...granted, the Pack doesn't exactly have a history of great RBs, but if I could put an all time Packers team on the field, Green's my RB1, Taylor's my FB and Canadeo's my RB2.  Either Dorsey or Grant is RB3.  Lacy maybe could've been better had he not been injured/fat half the time, but GB's never had a more talented back IMO.

The real issue would be figuring out the Starr/Favre/Rodgers rotation (seriously...no way all three don't play at least a quarter each...)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 5/19/2018 at 11:37 AM, C-Squared said:

I bolded the names I might co-sign. As a Buffalo almost-lifer, I would nix the rest. Most of these guys aren't a breath away from the actual HOF, which is what I think of when I thing "Hall of Very Good."

Just QB's alone off the top of my head:

Drew Bledsoe

Tony Romo

Donovan McNabb

Steve McNair

Randall Cunnningham

Boomer Esiason

I guess I can agree to that, but add Phil Simms to your QB list.  

1 hour ago, Discrimihater said:

Just as well that #80 stays in circulation, retiring numbers is generally a stupid way to honor players.  As much as I loathe Meesheegan, I liked what they did with that Legends thing before Harbaugh scrapped it.  Ditto the Maple Leafs' former practice of honoring numbers w/o taking them out of circulation.  

On Ahman...granted, the Pack doesn't exactly have a history of great RBs, but if I could put an all time Packers team on the field, Green's my RB1, Taylor's my FB and Canadeo's my RB2.  Either Dorsey or Grant is RB3.  Lacy maybe could've been better had he not been injured/fat half the time, but GB's never had a more talented back IMO.

The real issue would be figuring out the Starr/Favre/Rodgers rotation (seriously...no way all three don't play at least a quarter each...)

I actually like the idea of retiring numbers.  Seeing another Twin wear #34 would seem really, really strange to me.  That said, I don't think it really works in football.  Too large of rosters and too many position-based restrictions.  Rings of Honor with no retirement are probably the better route in football.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived