New Best Buy logo

TrueYankee26

On 5/11/2018 at 10:13 AM, kroywen said:

Strange, I thought for sure this was going to be Best Buy's next logo:

latest?cb=20140415152829

Personally, when I saw this post, I imagined the 'slide-whistle' sound that plays when this space is landed on. XD

UBwef0L.png

17 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

I saw one of their new commercials this weekend, so bad, shilling a fridge with a screen on it, which I find stupid.

I saw it in a commercial embroidered on a polo... the tag just looked like a random blob.

22 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

I saw one of their new commercials this weekend, so bad, shilling a fridge with a screen on it, which I find stupid.

I can't wait until one of those gets hacked, like in Silicon Valley.

maxresdefault.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

This font screams Best Western to me.  It's not quite exactly the same as the hotel chain, but the font feels overly curvy especially compared to the perfect, sharp angles on the price tag.  Plus, I hate how the tops/bottoms of the B are rounded instead of square.  That's what makes it feel like Best Western more than anything.

newbestbuylogo1.jpg&w=750&h=340

I humbly submit that this logo would be 1000x better with a subtle font change.  Also added a very slight drop shadow to give some definition, which would likely be a web-only characteristic as drop shadows don't translate well to print media.

GgULizA.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, the heat suck said:

I remember I was once told that logos like this were good because they were simple and clean. Now everybody hates them because they all look the same. Hmm...

Well-rendered, efficient, & clever designs will never go out of style. Most of the corporate Best Buy-type logos being churned out are simply not clever. They are piggybacking on what marketers perceive as the humanizing whimsy of minimalism without any developed substance to back it. This trend is probably here to stay due to app iconography, but even if corporations move on to another trend, a slick, simple logo that tells a story will always be king.

20 hours ago, C-Squared said:

Well-rendered, efficient, & clever designs will never go out of style. Most of the corporate Best Buy-type logos being churned out are simply not clever. They are piggybacking on what marketers perceive as the humanizing whimsy of minimalism without any developed substance to back it. This trend is probably here to stay due to app iconography, but even if corporations move on to another trend, a slick, simple logo that tells a story will always be king.

I completely agree.

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

Archived