Corporate Sponsorship Examples

32 minutes ago, mr.nascar13 said:

"One lap to go, sponsored by Credit One Bank!"

"Today's winning performance brought to you by Sunoco; Fueling Victories!"

"Let's have a look at today's 5-Hour Energy Move of the Race!"

Naming rights are everywhere in NASCAR, but the sport would be dead without sponsorship. 

Let's not forget we had Charlotte Motor Speedway corporately sponsored (by Lowe's), and I guess you can say California/Fontana too (by AAA, although moreso AAA California).

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Here's another one ... teams advertising favoured or preferred or "approved" local businesses. In this case, the list of "approved" locations is sponsored by Budweiser, but how much do you think each of those locations paid in order to be able to display that "approved" sticker in their windows?

When a manager or pitching coach makes a mound visit during a Twins telecast, it's a "Kwik Trip to the Mound."  Kwik Trip is a regional (I think) gas station / convenience store.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

36 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Here's another one ... teams advertising favoured or preferred or "approved" local businesses. In this case, the list of "approved" locations is sponsored by Budweiser, but how much do you think each of those locations paid in order to be able to display that "approved" sticker in their windows?

That's seriously ballsy.  If I were a business owner and some Preds sales rep tried to pitch me on that?  I'd seriously have to restrain myself from laughing out loud at the ballsiness of it.

nav-logo.png

13 minutes ago, Mac the Knife said:

That's seriously ballsy.  If I were a business owner and some Preds sales rep tried to pitch me on that?  I'd seriously have to restrain myself from laughing out loud at the ballsiness of it.

They fall all over themselves for that designation here in Edmonton. The Oilers/Rogers Place have a preferred transportation group (read: taxi company), I think a preferred home builder and a few preferred restaurants. Other licensed establishments can't even use the word "Oilers" in print or radio advertising unless they serve beer brewed by Molson, one of the Oilers' corporate partners.

1 hour ago, officeglenn said:

They fall all over themselves for that designation here in Edmonton. The Oilers/Rogers Place have a preferred transportation group (read: taxi company), I think a preferred home builder and a few preferred restaurants. Other licensed establishments can't even use the word "Oilers" in print or radio advertising unless they serve beer brewed by Molson, one of the Oilers' corporate partners.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-oilers-craft-beer-sponsor-molson-1.4342960

A specific example to add on to what you said.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

28 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

This is akin to the NFL policing use of the trademark "Super Bowl" in all probability... the guy operating the bar wasn't smart enough to exclude "Edmonton" from the poster, and they tagged him for it.  If he leaves out "Edmonton?"  He could've claimed he was promoting the Tulsa Oilers for all they knew.

nav-logo.png

On 5/9/2018 at 6:19 PM, Mac the Knife said:

Arena/stadium naming rights aren't league or team specific but rather facility, so I excluded them from my list.

I dunno - in most cases the revenue from naming rights goes to the team.  Which is why it’s common for teams to negotiate those contracts. 

2 hours ago, Mac the Knife said:

Perhaps so, but the name carries over into other, non-team events.  Unless it's Giants Stadium/The Meadowlands, I can't think of an instance where the building was given a different name based on who was occupying it at that particular moment.

During the 2006 World Cup in Germany, around half the stadiums used in the tournament had corporate names, but as these were not “corporate partners” of FIFA, they could not use those for the duration of the tournament. So while you still had the Olympiastadion in Berlin, and the Zentralstadion on Leipzig, other had to use the title of World Cup Stadium Dortmund on all official material.

Of corse, in practice nobody on tv or radio bothered, so you had a bizarre situation where the stadium would be listed on screen as World Cup Stadium Munich, but the commentary would always refer to it as the Allianz Arena. Dortmund was one step beyond, while it’s is really the Signal Iduna Park, everybody still calls it the Westfalen.

On 5/10/2018 at 3:03 PM, officeglenn said:

What kind of "locations"?  "Official pubs" for watching matches are pretty common in soccer.

PubPartner.jpg

They undoubtedly pay for the privilege, but there's a benefit to customers as well.  It's good to know where you can watch, what bars will always have the match on and always have the sound up.

Sponsored bowl games.

I don't care what money says, my hometown Cotton Bowl will NOT be called the Goodyear Cotton Bowl.

"Hi, everybody!" - Dr. Nick Riviera

hLykCVo.png

0CCuMRY.png

vgiUIL2.png

Archived