Teams that won a championship with their WORST uniform set

kimball

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

Every uniform should be assessed in its context. The 1950s uniforms were fine-looking uniforms in an era where every uniform was relatively minimalist and had long sleeves. The Millen-era uniforms looked like somebody slapped random black trim onto the 1990s Lions uniform, which is exactly what happened. No, the 1950s uniforms shouldn't be brought back as a full-time uniform today (although they're great at Thanksgiving, as a reminder of the dominant Lions teams of the 50s), but the Millen-era uniforms were a joke design-wise.

I couldn't of said that any better myself.

On 5/15/2018 at 1:18 PM, Eszcz21 said:

I love the lions 50s look. I love the way they look as throwbacks now.

That is not the Lions worst set though, this was by far.

qb-joey-harrington-2002_lguvj9ucdi1k1jqvwilliams1.jpgdewayne-white-sacks-jeff-garcia.jpg

I like these better than the 09 set. I just hate the 09 font.

On 5/13/2018 at 9:44 AM, alecgoff said:

I know that this is just their alternate, but for winning their first championship in 108 years... 

CubsWin1280_hxdk7xlw_hzfr70w5.jpg

As a lifelong Cardinals fan, anything the Cubs wear is hideous?

On 5/17/2018 at 2:41 PM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Agree that the Cavs black sleeved uniforms are terrible but they have had some BAD uniforms in their history.  I'm not sure the 2016 alternates are their worst

Uhhhhh, in the context of this post, they are. No NBA team should ever wear sleeved jerseys. I expect this from Women's NCAA basketball, but from the NBA........?

On 5/17/2018 at 11:48 AM, CS85 said:

This is where the thread should start and end.

I hated those uniforms until game 5 and game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals. When you win and end a 52 year drought I don't care what you wear.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

On 5/13/2018 at 6:44 AM, alecgoff said:

I know that this is just their alternate, but for winning their first championship in 108 years... 

CubsWin1280_hxdk7xlw_hzfr70w5.jpg

Considering how long it took them to win a title, maybe they should have worn alts a long time ago. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Had the Caps upset Detroit in '98, then yes. Not because of the swooping eagle but because of the colours.

I won’t have you impugn the one unqiue color scheme the Caps had in their history. That blue uniform from the 90’s is still my favorite Caps uniform of all time. 

Although TBH, if any team in pro sports should have a RWB color scheme, it’s probably the Caps. But I’m a big fan of the blue/bronze/black look. At least at first. That black primary was ugly. 

spacer.png

Archived