After pepsi is done using the retro packaging, how can...

BadSeed84

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

I wish Pepsi would just use this logo. I don't like the current logo and this logo is recognizable.

I wonder how much they'd have to pay the NBA to repaint all the courts to incorporate that can's graphic design into the lane, foul line/circle.  Could you imagine the level of brand exposure having players "drive into the Pepsi lane" the brand would get?

nav-logo.png

7 hours ago, Mac the Knife said:

I wonder how much they'd have to pay the NBA to repaint all the courts to incorporate that can's graphic design into the lane, foul line/circle.  Could you imagine the level of brand exposure having players "drive into the Pepsi lane" the brand would get?

Paul Lukas's head would explode.

2 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Paul Lukas's head would explode.

Any sensible person who wants to see the team brands without any outside infringement's head would explode.

Way to go out of your way to bring someone into a discussion that has nothing to do with them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Take the current pepsi color scheme and apply to this can. Use the navy blue for the bottom of the globe. Replace the red bar with the lighter blue and call it a day. 

You get blue dominance vs Coke's red and still keep a traditional pepsi design.

spacer.png

35 minutes ago, slapshot said:

Pepsi puts a lot of money into branding and celebrity endorsements, but does nothing to improve the flavor.

Flavour isn't their problem.  They've consistently beaten Coke in blind taste tests for decades.  It's all about branding.  

zzPEfBm.png

5 hours ago, Cujo said:

Pepsi gotta bring these back now

13-4-o-barr_fig15f.jpg

When was this from?  I used to be a big soda drinker, and up until the end was a Pepsi guy, but don't remember that one at all.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Hopefully Pepsi takes a page out of the Miller Lite playbook, and I am hoping that they are in stunting mode with this. After sales go through the roof, because I'm not much of a soda drinker either, but have been drinking Pepsi a little more at work because I actually feel like I am in these cans. They go back to this full time.

packchampionslfroh.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2018 at 7:31 PM, Beckhamcantbendmiami said:

Pepsi has always had an identity crisis. Where Coca-Cola is known for their script and simplicity Pepsi is more known for having a bunch of different logos incorporating the ball then any individual image

Also being terrible for taste and as a beverage as a whole. 

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

15 hours ago, VC// said:

Also being terrible for taste and as a beverage as a whole. 

Haha, its funny my house is a Pepsi house My dad always bought pepsi and my sister loves pepsi too.

But when I was a kid, I would get that 20oz of Coca-Cola and man does it taste better.

And NOTHING tastes better than a glass bottle of Coke made from Mexico with real sugar.

On the diet front, I won't like Diet Pepsi ain't bad.

On 5/12/2018 at 4:08 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

When was this from?  I used to be a big soda drinker, and up until the end was a Pepsi guy, but don't remember that one at all.

1990ish?

Cans were infamous. Surprised this is news to you.

6uXNWAo.png

On 5/12/2018 at 6:02 PM, steve61 said:

Flavour isn't their problem.  They've consistently beaten Coke in blind taste tests for decades.  It's all about branding.  

Malcolm Gladwell made a pretty convincing case that this is because Pepsi is sweeter. When people drink a 1 oz shot of each (or however much they used for the Pepsi Challenge), they prefer the sweeter drink. But when people drink a whole can, they prefer the less sweet drink.

I remember participating in the Pepsi Challenge in a grocery store sometime in the early 90s. They had three options - Pepsi, Coke, and RC Cola. I remember knowing which was which, so I told them I liked RC the best just to mess with them.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived