DNAsports

Details in Logos You Feel Dumb About For Never Noticing Until Now

Recommended Posts

On 5/14/2018 at 12:18 AM, panthers_2012 said:

I immediately thought of this College Game Day sign

DO7BqUmVoAAzz5y.jpg

I'm going to be honest, I never noticed that the Diamondbacks logo formed a snake, in the negative space, until a few years ago. I always thought it was a stylized A.

gnnnrbxcmjhdgeu6mavqk3945.png

 

I always saw that the A was a downward facing head of a snake with it's tongue (in profile) but never noticed the negative space also creating a snake head sorta. Interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cosmic said:

The Target logo reminds me of how the S in the Lowe’s logo doesn’t match the rest of the letters. You can never un-see it.

 

latest?cb=20150820221108

I hate you so much right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cosmic said:

The Target logo reminds me of how the S in the Lowe’s logo doesn’t match the rest of the letters. You can never un-see it.

 

latest?cb=20150820221108

On top of this, the "L" and "E" have 90° angle corners, but "O" and "W" have rounded corners. It's just a mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2018 at 9:58 AM, ChicagoOakland said:

Ooh, this could be a good topic.

I feel stupid for not realizing the notch in Infiniti's logo is supposed to be a road traveling towards the horizon:

 

 

2000px-Infiniti_logo.svg.png

 

...and in sports, it took a while for me to grasp that the Carolina Panthers' logo is an abstract map of North and South Carolina.

 

uaTYS.jpg

 

Is there any sort of verifiable statement of intent from the designer or team on this?

 

The fact that you not only have to flip the logo upside down but also break its neck to even have a remote chance at explaining this makes it the worst Easter egg in any logo, ever.

 

Also, I just realized that the Panther looks like he’s wearing a barbershop cape. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

 

Is there any sort of verifiable statement of intent from the designer or team on this?

 

The fact that you not only have to flip the logo upside down but also break its neck to even have a remote chance at explaining this makes it the worst Easter egg in any logo, ever.

 

Also, I just realized that the Panther looks like he’s wearing a barbershop cape. :lol:

I mean, I REALLY had to squint to get it, but now that MY neck is broken trying to find it I can't unsee it. :D

Anyway, here's the best reference I could find on a moment's notice: http://www.thestate.com/news/local/article58739358.html

As well as this video sanctioned by the NFL: 

 

 

Notice how they say "loosely" haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2018 at 5:29 PM, andrewharrington said:

 

Is there any sort of verifiable statement of intent from the designer or team on this?

 

The fact that you not only have to flip the logo upside down but also break its neck to even have a remote chance at explaining this makes it the worst Easter egg in any logo, ever.

 

Also, I just realized that the Panther looks like he’s wearing a barbershop cape. :lol:

 

I don't think you need to flip it upside down and break its neck. After all, NC and SC together just sort of form a rough triangle, and so does the logo. There are plenty of interpretations that are more straightforward.

LebLY.pngh670hl.jpgreB3XYk.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

 

I don't think you need to flip it upside down and break its neck. After all, NC and SC together just sort of form a rough triangle, and so does the logo. There are plenty of interpretations that are more straightforward.

LebLY.pngh670hl.jpgreB3XYk.jpg

 

There! That middle one! I still think it’s forced (and you have to flip the logo), but this does a much better job at illustrating the idea than any of the others, which make little sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2018 at 7:43 PM, Shumway said:

On top of this, the "L" and "E" have 90° angle corners, but "O" and "W" have rounded corners. It's just a mess.

Never noticed that... gah!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omg this thread is gonna be the reason I can't sleep tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea how I missed it until just yesterday, but the negative space of the face opening of the Golden Knights logo forms a V. I just thought it was a helmet plopped onto a black shield and looked way too sparse to me until I noticed it.

 

Vegas-Golden-Knights-Logo.png

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

 

There! That middle one! I still think it’s forced (and you have to flip the logo), but this does a much better job at illustrating the idea than any of the others, which make little sense.

 

From what I have been told, the neck is supposed to be in the shape of North Carolina while the head is supposed to be in the shape of South Carolina. If you could isolate those two shapes, they'd be a fairly similar shape of each state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2018 at 5:31 AM, Cosmic said:

The Target logo reminds me of how the S in the Lowe’s logo doesn’t match the rest of the letters. You can never un-see it.

 

latest?cb=20150820221108

 

Welp, thanks for ruining my life ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2018 at 5:29 PM, andrewharrington said:

 

Is there any sort of verifiable statement of intent from the designer or team on this?

 

The fact that you not only have to flip the logo upside down but also break its neck to even have a remote chance at explaining this makes it the worst Easter egg in any logo, ever.

 

Also, I just realized that the Panther looks like he’s wearing a barbershop cape. :lol:

 

It looks pretty obvious to me. Just like the others we all know and love.

 

15s229x.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

Never noticed that... gah!

 

Thats not egregious, though. The L and E certainly *could* have rounded corners, but by no means do they need to. An O is round; an E is square.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

suns-logo_on-blk_720x497-min.png

 

For the longest time, I never noticed the flames on top of the ball made a Phoenix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Logo_Philadelphia_Flyers.svg

 

Honest to god, from ages 1-8 I didn't know this logo was a 'p'. I thought it was some kind of duck monster with like 4 bills. I felt so stupid after the fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RockyTopper said:

No idea how I missed it until just yesterday, but the negative space of the face opening of the Golden Knights logo forms a V. I just thought it was a helmet plopped onto a black shield and looked way too sparse to me until I noticed it.

 

Vegas-Golden-Knights-Logo.png

 

 

 

 

 

Yeah, I'm sitting in the Capital One Arena, an avid CCSLCer, cheering on the Caps, and it dawns on me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

The n is lower case while all the other letters are uppercase

7-eleven-brand.svg_.png

Great... Now that's going to bug me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

The n is lower case while all the other letters are uppercase

7-eleven-brand.svg_.png

 

I know it's an old logo, but Wendy's used to be the same way, with the 'n' and 'y' in lower case and everything else in upper case.

 

latest?cb=20120801060239

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now