Minor League Football

Artisan219

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/13/2018 at 2:46 PM, RightGuard said:

I was looking at the maps, and you seemed to mix up Knoxville and Chattanooga.

I think ur fine on that count. 'Nooga is further west than Knox.

Anyway, excited to see what you do, specifically with San Bernardino and Knoxville.

TEAM NAME SUGGESTIONS

Alpha Football League: Anaheim Oranges, Birmingham Vulcans, British Columbia Lions (Vancouver, BC), Columbus Explorers, Louisville Brecks, Memphis Southmen, Montreal Alouettes, Oakland Invaders, Oklahoma City Drillers, Portland Lumberjacks, Raleigh-Durham Skysox, Sacramento Condors, San Antonio Gunslingers, Salt Lake City Pioneers, San Diego Breakers, St. Louis Stallions, Toronto Argonauts, Wichita Bombers

Beta Football League: Austin Texans, Calgary Stampeders, Edmonton Eskimos, Fresno Raisin Fighters, Honolulu Hawaiians, Iowa Barnstormers (Des Moines, IA), Omaha Scarecrows, Ottawa Redblacks, Richmond Rebels, Tulsa Outlaws

Gamma Football League: Colorado Springs Peaks, El Paso Twisters, Shreveport Captains, Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Delta Football League: Baton Rouge Cajuns, Midland-Odessa Mojo, Saskatchewan Roughriders

22 minutes ago, Section30 said:

I'm a little bummed there aren't any teams from Minnesota besides the Vikings. There are enough people in the twin cities to support another team in a city like St. Paul or Bloomington or you could go north to a city like Duluth.

Agreed.  The Land of 10,000 Lakes always gets skipped (in any semipro concept or reality) just because it already has a team in whatever league.

xglLy43.png38ekInb.png3T2CQrI.png

1 hour ago, Section30 said:

I'm a little bummed there aren't any teams from Minnesota besides the Vikings. There are enough people in the twin cities to support another team in a city like St. Paul or Bloomington or you could go north to a city like Duluth.

I wouldnt do Bloomington though because it's basically the Twin Cities. At that point, I think St. Paul would almost be better so that you have one in each. Opposed to one in Minneapolis, and one right outside. St. Cloud, Mankato, Duluth would be cool though, to move it up north! (assuming any major sports teams would travel that far for games!) Loving the Minnesota love

First team looks good! Would love to see it vectorized and fleshed out but it's always goo to see a good hand drawn concept. Looking forward to the series

Hmm. Since I have Peoria, I don't technically need Rockford, that could be Mankato. And Duluth only barely missed the list. Actually, I don't think I really need Jefferson City after St Louis and Springfield. I'll update the maps tomorrow.

1 hour ago, CaptainKirkMN said:

Agreed.  The Land of 10,000 Lakes always gets skipped (in any semipro concept or reality) just because it already has a team in whatever league.

How about a team in Bemidji?

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

The problem is that I'm going by media market, for the most part anyway. I could see Brainerd, maybe, if I went with an Epsilon League (though I'd be getting into some fairly small markets for that. I could make a map, but honestly it wouldn't be a priority).

Bangor, ME represent!  I'd recommend Rangers, Guides or Bruins as suggested names.  I'd consider putting Portland, ME and Manchester, NH in the same league.  They had a healthy rivalry in the AHL and also in Eastern League MiLB.

I miss home. :'(

mainescarf.png

On 5/14/2018 at 7:27 PM, Section30 said:

On 5/14/2018 at 11:48 PM, CaptainKirkMN said:

I think Duluth or Rochester would be best for a Minnesota Team.  Bloomington is huge, but it's basically a Mini-Minneapolis.

Any excuse to refresh the old Duluth Eskimos identity gets a thumbs up from me.

20 hours ago, MSO94 said:

I love this template. Let me know if its available for download.

This is a template I altered awhile ago and still use. It was based on the Nike Pro Combat in 2010, so I'm sure I need to actually make my own by this point.

19 hours ago, NicDB said:

Any excuse to refresh the old Duluth Eskimos identity gets a thumbs up from me.

I'm not sure I'd go with the Duluth Eskimos. I was actually thinking maybe Duluth Pike, since I know There was a Minnesota arena football team with a pike logo. It was very... well, here.

latest?cb=20130418154114

That probably won't be the direction I use, but I could see a team in Lake Superior using the Pike identity.

Archived