Couple of months ago a designer posted a topic called "Battle of Seattle" and in my opinion the work was excellent. It was so good in fact the new Seattle NHL Franchise should pick one of those logos for what ever team name they decide to go with. With that being said I did want to share my ideas for the Krakens and Seals. To be honest I've been sitting on these for a while and I have been unsure to share them or not. Now by no means are these ready to go but always appreciate feedback and helpful hints to make my work better. I am looking to grow and get better so I find this forum helpful in that because there are many good designers on here with some excellent ideas. Thank you in advance!

• Seals Version 1 To me it is a logo that looks like it belongs in soccer. I have not discovered an idea to make it more of a hockey look.
  • Seals Version 2 (Alt. Logo)   Not sure how I feel about this one. I think it's a good start but it may need to be simplified. 
  • Krakens Version 1 This one I personally like but I'm not sure how it would look on a uniform. 
  • Kranken Version 2 I think this one has the most promise out of all of them because it has elements of Seattle, the Kraken and the first professional Seattle hockey team. 

Joe

Seals 1: The sense of motion is a good starting point, but the animal looks more like a fish than a seal. I'd rely heavily on reference photos. Maintain a consistent line style--some of the linework towards the bottom looks very shaky. Build your forms from shapes rather than drawn lines.

Seals 2: These seals look better, but there is something almost psychedelic about the whole logo that completely does not work. Simplify, simplify, simplify.

Kraken 1: This one has the most potential of the bunch. Ditch the textures, the gradient, and maybe even the skyline. Do something to the kraken so it looks like something more than just an octopus. The helm is missing a handle in the upper right.

Kraken 2. Overly detailed, especially the tentacles, which also seem to be coming from multiple animals. Gradients are not your friend. The S doesn't look like it relates to the rest of the logo--in color, style, and linework.

rATMcmK.png

What if, in Kraken 1, you moved the body of the kraken to the center of the logo, make it the star, maybe have some of the tentacles wrap around some helm handles.

rATMcmK.png

Archived