MLB | Uniform Suggestions | IV. Los Angeles Angels navy alternate uni

Go Red Sox!

This might become a series of suggestions for MLB uniforms – or not. We'll see.

I – Miami Marlins Blue Alternate Uniform

The Miami Marlins of 2018 decided to not wear their orange alternate uniform – which, I guess to most people, was a bummer! When I and millions of other people think of the city of Miami, regardless whether we're baseball fans or not, we think of bright, loud and fresh colors. The ownership of the Marlins apparently not. So, all there's left for the Fish (this year) are a white, a black and a gray road uni. Okay. That's not for me!

I have created my own MLB Authentic Uniform template completely in Adobe Illustrator, since Photoshop for some strange reasons isn't working anymore on my Mac. It ain't perfect, but I'm quite content with the result.

So here's my blue alternate Marlins uniform – which I would prefer over the pretty decent orange (and probably for always and ever dumped) anytime.

wwOgBw.png

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

18 hours ago, coco1997 said:

If the Marlins adopted this look, it would immediately become the best jersey in their wardrobe. Good job! 

17 hours ago, SNBSlugger said:

This shade of blue is absolutely striking.  The orange really pops too.

Thanks, guys.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

II – New York Mets Orange Alternate Uniform

I'm one of those baseball fans who've always been thinking that the New York Mets should get a permanent orange alternate uniform – simply because of New York's history (New Amsterdam) and Netherland's Oranje tradition. So, here it is...

KYuATl.png

19 hours ago, a-a-ron_balaky said:

think you could try a teal variant? I've seen a lot of people use teal and it looks beautiful

Sure, tomorrow.

Like the looks of both the Marlins and the Mets. The trim against te bright blue pops and looks greatt great. Love the idea behind a Mets orange jersey. Looks nice. Lots of teams don’t use their color schemes to their full potential. Mets are one of them.

Id love to see a

Angles navy uniform

Twins red uniform 

Rays gold uniform 

III – Miami Marlins Teal Alternate Uniform

The Miami Marlins current uniform design with the 1990's Florida Marlins teal, silver and black color scheme.

PCOSZd.png

IV – Los Angeles Angels Navy Alternate Uniform

I actually like the all-red Angels home and road uniform a lot, but they truly deserve a navy alternate as well. Here it is, and, all I can say is: instant buy!

B5BMwJ.png

Great work. On a practical level, your Illustrator skills are on point, so great job there. So far your ideas have been of the common-sense variety and maybe not groundbreaking, but that's okay especially when the presentation is done so well. I'd like to see the electric blue Marlins as an over-used regular alternate, and the teal as a fauxback used sparingly. Not sure a navy alt works for the Angels, for me -- I like the navy hats but the jersey reads too much like the Red Sox alt. Ironically I hate that Red Sox alt, so maybe if they dumped it, someone else can claim the look.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

19 hours ago, coco1997 said:

This might be sacrilege, but how about a navy Yankees alternate?

Ooooooooooh, big time sacrilege! I don't wanna get stoned by my beloved die-hard Yankee rivals! Apart from that, it would look like the Yankees Spring Training uniforms, wouldn't it?

17 hours ago, Digby said:

Great work. On a practical level, your Illustrator skills are on point, so great job there. So far your ideas have been of the common-sense variety and maybe not groundbreaking, but that's okay especially when the presentation is done so well. I'd like to see the electric blue Marlins as an over-used regular alternate, and the teal as a fauxback used sparingly. Not sure a navy alt works for the Angels, for me -- I like the navy hats but the jersey reads too much like the Red Sox alt. Ironically I hate that Red Sox alt, so maybe if they dumped it, someone else can claim the look.

Thanks, Digby. You're absolutely right about my designs: they're NOT groundbreakingly innovative, since Major League Baseball is a very conservative sport/league. I won't design uniforms that wouldn't be possible in the real league, although I wish they had at least a little bit more courage to try out some never-seen-before stuff.

About the Angels navy uni: You're right about the similarity with my BoSox's alternate uniform. Yet, I think both unis differ from each other enough, since the Sox don't wear large numbers on the front, plus their jersey has no collar and sleeve piping.

Archived