Rockets Uniform Changes

NYCdog

https://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/Rockets-owner-Tilman-Fertitta-weighing-tweaks-to-12914313.php?ipid=hpctp

With the Rockets' uniform choices for the Western Conference Finals set - the Rockets will wear black for each home game - Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta said he has settled on small changes for future Rockets uniforms to start with the 2019-20 season.

The Rockets uniforms will not be changed for next season as part of the two-year process that began this season. In the next season, Fertitta said the jerseys will have changes primarily to the font, but nothing as drastic as when the team was previously sold and the Rockets went from red and yellow uniforms to blue with stripes.

"We are in the process," Fertitta said. "We've had to pick out the following year's uniforms. The uniforms, I think we have very good uniforms right now. Don't look for any monumental change like what happened in the Les Alexander's years. Don't expect anything like that. I'm a more serious guy.

"We're making a correction (to the lettering). We're looking into that."

Fertitta said there is no deal in place for a uniform sponsor.

"We want the right company," Fertitta said. "We've had different opportunities with different companies. We're not in a hurry."

NYCdog.png

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If its just a red and yellow version of the black alts, I'll be happy with that one. Though, I did like the original Adidas versions better than the Nike ones. I think we might see a logo that would combine the current and championship identities.

To me, the Rockets are an odd case where they have never truly had a good identity over their entire history. While the red and yellow is classic, that set was really unspectacular and not deserving of being thrown back to in this new set. I'd like to see something totally new for them. 

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, JustABallCoach said:

I think we are going to get red and white versions of the black uniform. 

I think this is the best option and I've been dying for it since the black alts got introduced. Leaving aside the BFBS debate, they look sleek and modern. The difference between the wordmarks, alone, is the difference between now and the 2000s, and the rocket side panels are brand-appropriate and frankly look better than the chevron things. Now we just need that common number typeface to go.

(Interestingly the two trim simplicifications that Nike introduced kinda closed the gap -- the black alts have more boring, amateurish collar trim now, while the giant arm rings on the regulars are mercifully gone. But it's not enough, IMO.)

ff_2709387alt1_full.jpg&w=600ff_2920557alt1_full.jpg&w=600

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Yellow just doesn't work for the Rockets as a dominant color. They've sparsely wore a couple of alts over the years that were red and featured more yellow than normal, but have never really attempted to be a "yellow" team. My guess is any new set is going to have a red jersey, a white jersey and a black jersey. I'd like to see a subtle yellow trim, though.

Probably worth noting that new owner Tilman Fertitta loves wearing the color black and attends most games wearing a black shirt with black jacket.

5 hours ago, VikingsAiden said:

Very unlikely, but it would be cool to see them emphise black more, drop red and introduce orange, similar to Dynamo. 

So you want them to change their color scheme to black and orange?

1 minute ago, guest23 said:

So you want them to change their color scheme to black and orange?

Yeah, I just think that if they really wanted to change it up, that would be an interesting way to go. It would be unique in the NBA and lend its self better to Rocket/Space imagery.

Although I really hate gray jerseys, sleeves, and the dumb Adidas shoulder loops, I liked the rocket-block side panels of their alternate from a couple years ago.

1024x1024.jpgMTMxNDY0Njk3OQ==

If they're going to work more black into the color scheme, as many of you seem to think, I hope they go in this direction.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Basically means no uniform changes is what the article means.

Color scheme might get tweaked but other than that..the owner likes the "serious" look of the current uniform. *Yawn*

I'm sure the OKC,Brooklyn owner says the same thing.

shado_logo.gif

On 5/16/2018 at 11:38 AM, henburg said:

To me, the Rockets are an odd case where they have never truly had a good identity over their entire history. While the red and yellow is classic, that set was really unspectacular and not deserving of being thrown back to in this new set. I'd like to see something totally new for them. 

When I think of the Rockets, I think they are red and white with a smidge of yellow, and I liked it. The logo had a lot of yellow in it. But I grew up in the '70s and '80s.

The current red set has been around since the early 2000s. That's almost as long as the Rockets wore the original Houston Rockets set. I liked the red alts they had a few years ago that had yellow trim in it. That would have good modernization of the original Houston Rockets color scheme.

Most of us forget the Rockets started in San Diego and were green and yellow.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/252/San_Diego_Rockets/

Archived