World League 2020

MJWalker45

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

This helmet (and identity) was way ahead of its time...I realize you made tiny tweaks to it, but it still looks as incredible in 2020 as it did in 1991.

WLAF had a number of identities that were great, but this was one of the best. 

Orlando (which technically is not in South Florida) would look better with blue instead of the orange; London, Frankfurt, and San Antonio look great. 

I'd say use Barcelona instead of Rhein.

I'm selfishly hoping you'll add in updated concepts and ideas for NY/NJ, Montreal, Raleigh, and Sacramento!

I think Barcelona is the concensus pick. Hahahahahahaha!!!!! I thought about the colors for Orlando but since they're at the old Citrus Bowl orange made sense.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

bL9VDZf.png

4AzlAuK.png

Vy7PNuM.jpg

pUWrTXo.jpg

Amsterdam Admirals - Welcome to Johan Cruiyff Arena and Admirals football. The last of the original lineup, they are sponsored by Suzuki and the field carries the mark of Ajax Amsterdam as well as the Admirals logos and wordmarks. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

hHZffZT.png

WavEIXL.png

V5hBsMI.png

MTn39iJ.png

Barcelona Dragons - The final team is the Barcelona Dragons. They called Olympic Montjuic and Miniestadi FCB home during their original stay in WLAF and NFL Europe. This team would be playing at RCDE Stadium, home of RCD Espanyol. The senyera flag detail is displayed on their away jerseys. A dragon scale pattern is displayed on the sleeve cuffs and pant striping. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Re19bTl.png

Also something that I considered thanks to @neo_prankster a third uniform design for Barcelona and London as the England Monarchs. The one constraint I made was making sure that the helmets had to follow the current NFL rules of one per team. For Barcelona this meant the dragon skin pattern is maintained as a helmet stripe rather than covering the whole helmet. As to the jersey design it is meant to look back to the 1995 uniforms that were worn by all of the teams in NFL Europe that year. The Catalan senyera sits underneath the Dragons logo and wordmark and a larger league badge sits on the upper left chest for all of the third jerseys. For London, I went for a middle ground between the 1998 England monarchs that wore white helmets and pants and the 1995 Ottawa Rough Riders uniforms. The England Monarchs logos are each sleeve and the helmets instead of the Crown M. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

RTD2LDq.jpg

Ohio Glory third uniform. Taking a page from the Houston Texans "Battle Red" uniform I added blue pants to go with the red jersey which placed the main logo on the chest, holding the players numbers in place (Nike speak)

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

LSKDYbE.png

FQjbwH2.png

MMjT3O9.png

wDwY4d3.png

nJFfHfV.png

kZDOw6C.png

VGWUVOn.png

For the World Bowl Championship I wanted to come up with a logo that would remain mostly the same but would give the participating teams more attention. Although I liked the first logo, I think something more like the second would most likely be considered. The intent is to simply swap out the year but to also add the participating teams to the logo so that it's easier to identify the year the game was played, rather than recoloring the line underneath the Roman numerals that teh Super Bowl does.  

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

vRJG7PW.png

Orlando Thunder throwback uniform - Went with the original lime green for the jerseys and socks. Blew up the helmet a little larger than the original but I think it came out okay.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Slammersman said:

I was thinking wouldn't some of these designs look good in the AAF? San Antonio, Orlando, and Birmingham should go with these, and let the rest of the league figure theirs out among the others. 

The identities are probably still property of the NFL, but they could run with these colors and stand out from the NFL no problems. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The identities are probably still property of the NFL, but they could run with these colors and stand out from the NFL no problems. 

You are probably right on that, but a man can dream lol

Archived