Cool but Clickbaity MLB Concepts

kevinmets

Long time former poster here, haven't been around in a while.  I stumbled upon this clickbait article claiming "MLB is finally updating the old team logos", which I somehow doubt is the actual truth.

I was wondering if any of the posters here made these?  Some of them look great!  And if so I wanted to bring it to their attention to make sure they're getting credit.

http://jetlaggin.com/mlb-is-finally-updating-the-old-team-logos-with-some-groundbreaking-designs

Apologies if these have already been posted.

The braves one is @derschwigg 's I believe. Most of the logos are garbage, collages of logos and google images slapped together with generic fonts. Also, the "reviews" are absolutely :censored:. The notion that the ray of sun doesn't "fit" with the Rays team mascot, the idea that a D-backs logo with like 4 elements is too simple for an mlb logo, the idea that a dodgers logo cluttered with green, gray, and a tiny LA... please.

Anyone who hasn't already spent 5 minutes waiting for the 50 pages to load, save yourself some time. Don't look at these.

tinysig.jpg

I looked at the web page, and it's 100% false.  The Indians are getting rid of Chief Wahoo, not redesigning him.  Whoever made this is spreading false information.

GOOD GRIEF I HAVEN'T BEEN HERE IN A LONG TIME

Most of these are hot garbage, but I'm not going to lie(/unpopular opinion), that Yankees logo is better than the current hat on a bat logo... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

3 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Its the Mets logo in Yanks colors...

They're similar, both with the same idea, but different enough...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived