Sign in to follow this  
Go Red Sox!

MLB | Tampa Bay Rays Primary Logo Draft | Update

A draft for a possible complete Tampa Bay Rays rebrand.

This is my preliminary work result. Since the league loves initials as the team's main logos, and the (Devil) Ray theme has been exhausted, or could also be continued by leaving the secondary Ray mark on the uniform sleeves, this is what I came up with.

Thoughts?

Tampa_Bay_Rays_primary_mark.png

I love the logo you have here and it’s a great start, but I don’t think it would work as a primary logo, it seems more like a cap logo to me. If you want to do a full rebrand, I’d have the primary involve some sort of ray imagery, be that a stingray, sun ray, or even Ray Romano, I just think the primary should use something involving the team name. 

I love the wave on the top of the T, but the T and the B feel disconnected to me. If you moved the B a little closer maybe, and mimicked the swoop of the top of the T in the top of the B, it might feel more cohesive.

For some strange reason I can't upload any images anymore via the "insert image from URL" link. My pic is gone, and, even worse, I can't even upload images anymore, no matter what site I've been using (imgur, imgTC, cubeupload etc.)

Does someone else have the same issue lately?

Solved.

20 hours ago, officeglenn said:

I love the wave on the top of the T, but the T and the B feel disconnected to me. If you moved the B a little closer maybe, and mimicked the swoop of the top of the T in the top of the B, it might feel more cohesive.

Thanks for your input, officeglenn!

Definitely looks better this way, since the "B" now clings more to the "T" than before. Pic has been updated.

UPDATE: I have added Tampa Bay's ray of light to the logo.

Thoughts?

The update helps, but it still feels like a T and a B. There needs to be more flow to the logo, because I see 3 elements, but not a finished logo.

Primary logo? Maybe if used like the Old English D on left side of shirt like that of the Tigers. Cap logo? Definately!

Big on that. Class.

Love the update!  But i agree with the others that it should flow better.  Not trying to derail this thread, but here's how it looks when I move the T closer to the B and lower it a tad.  2wc2vpi.png

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 3:54 PM, itsmb8 said:

Love the update!  But i agree with the others that it should flow better.  Not trying to derail this thread, but here's how it looks when I move the T closer to the B and lower it a tad.  2wc2vpi.png

That makes it look like a capital F and B?

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:06 AM, Go Red Sox! said:

UPDATE: I have added Tampa Bay's ray of light to the logo.

Thoughts?

The right part of the T is a little bit to long and I feel it makes it look to much like a cursive f.

How about putting the ray between the two letters?