SportsLogos.Net News

KC Royals Show Off 2018 Turn Ahead the Clock Uniforms

I love it. Should’ve flipped the colors on the helmet...but I’ll take it.

3 minutes ago, daveindc said:

Colors on the helmet should be reversed. Gold crown.

I'd agree with that, only makes sense.

Its a fun concept but I think they could have played up the futuristic angle a bit more, feels kinda tame in that respect.

9 minutes ago, daveindc said:

Colors on the helmet should be reversed. Gold crown.

Well...technically the crown of the helmet is gold lol

Are those powder blue pants?

The Royals are not over the top enough.  They look nice, but also like too much like a current alternate.  The helmet should be all gold.

These jerseys are so not crazy that I almost wonder if the Royals are testing the waters on making gold more prominent. 

51 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

These jerseys are so not crazy that I almost wonder if the Royals are testing the waters on making gold more prominent. 

They've been going in that direction for awhile. Would not be surprised to see a gold outline added around the wordmark and numbers at some point in the future.

1 hour ago, Ray Lankford said:

Since the World Series, they have been leaning in that direction. Adding gold woodmark to a white jersey, the KC in gold on one of their alternate caps. They seem to be adding more and more gold every season. 

This new hat would make a good Spring Training cap. I do agree that these aren't "Turn Ahead the Clock" enough.

13 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

This new hat would make a good Spring Training cap. I do agree that these aren't "Turn Ahead the Clock" enough.

Plot twist: they ARE “Turn Ahead the Clock,” but to the 2019 season.🤯

I will echo the sentiment that the helmet needs the gold and blue flipped to match the whole set (maybe they wanted to echo the original TATC unis?).

I will also say I would not have a problem if something similar to those blue jerseys and a modified version of the caps made it into the regular rotation. While they are relatively tame for a TATC uniform, I love the idea. I can understand that they probably wanted to avoid those originals and did not want to do anything crazy. Nonetheless, I would totally buy one of those caps. I these are pretty fantastic.

These are just too good to be a one-time-only thing. Probably the best the Royals have ever looked, honestly.

After seeing this shade of royal blue and gold, i really wouldn't mind seeing the Royals use this in a potential rebranding.

The Royals definitely win the uniform battle. The Seattle uniform looks like an old Diamondbacks or Astros uniform, and I can’t for the life of me figure out why they think designers of the future will be so bad that they’re incapable of designing a good uniform. Every single design choice on that uniform is just foul, and none of it looks even remotely major league-caliber. Basically, it’s an insult to present that as your vision for the future of design.

The Royals look good but the Mariners' continue to look as bad as they did 20 years ago.