Your least favorite team color combination.

verno

2 minutes ago, Cujo said:

How has this not been posted yet?

664063394-2016-17-brooklyn-nets-team-pho

Technically it's every possible color combination in existence!

...I'll see myself out.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/29/2018 at 10:45 PM, OnWis97 said:

So I can't tell...do you like red and green or not? 

Anyway I LOVE red and green. In fact the original Devils red jersey is my favorite NHL jersey ever.

I think my least favorite often-used combo is purple and black.There's just not enough contrast between those colors.  The Ravens helmet stripes barely show up. 

Haha, l don't like red and green together, but I instantly thought of the Devils when l punched in the topic. I see your point with purple and black. Do the Rockies' use of it also bother you?

On 6/4/2018 at 9:19 PM, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Apps_original.jpg?1281649401

Benny%20Snell

right-wing-dany-heatley-of-the-atlanta-t

Oh, Kentucky reminds me that I don't like black and blue together.

As a life long Blues fan, l have always disliked the addition of navy blue. Stick with royal and yellow (and don't even think of adding the red back.) I believe the original Blues' set had it right.

3 hours ago, verno said:

Oh, Kentucky reminds me that I don't like black and blue together.

I think it works there just isn't enough balance between the pants and the jersey to work.

It also reminds me that chrome helmets work best when the team wears same color pants/jersey.

On 6/4/2018 at 11:12 PM, Cujo said:

How has this not been posted yet?

664063394-2016-17-brooklyn-nets-team-pho

Because it's one of the most impressive uses of minimalism in a sports identity ever. The starkness of the black and white juxtaposed allows both colors to be used to their full potential. (The exact opposite of pairing, say, black with blue.) The entire identity embodies Brooklyn (especially modern-day Brooklyn - and not just the hip parts) so well.

• 2 weeks later...

The hate for the Bucks in forest green and red breaks my heart. There's a lot to like about it: the "Christmas colors" end up being suited for deer and winter in a northern city, and the colors kind of split the difference between the Packers and the Badgers if you're into that sort of continuity. There are issues to take with the uniforms and logos; the color palette itself is top-notch. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 6/2/2018 at 12:42 AM, Jimmy Lethal said:

I'm of the mind that there's no such thing as a bad color scheme, and in fact a lot of the schemes listed here are among my favorites (black/purple, green/purple... hey, guess what my favorite color is!). However, just blue/navy-and-white is boring, and way too many teams use it. I can give the Yankees and Cowboys a pass, but for the Padres and Lightning, there's no excuse.

On 6/2/2018 at 1:44 PM, pianoknight said:

Add Penn State to that list and I'm good. But watching the Colts or the current Rams is just boring. Too plain and there's not enough history to prevent them from changing it (or in the Rams' case, adding more yellow back) 

I have grown to hate navy and white, my Texans included. It's hella boring even with the red accents. 

On 6/5/2018 at 6:36 AM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

It was already mentioned, but I cannot stand purple and green... of any caliber. The 90's Bucks are the worst offender I can think of.

I hated those uniforms when they unveiled them and hate even more that Ray Allen had to play his entire Bucks career in those colors. 

I thought green and red was "meh" at best, but purple and green only works if you're trying to kill Batman.  The only Bucks color combo that ever seemed to work for them is the double green they wore in the late 80s.  I was surprised they didn't bring it back in some capacity with this latest rebrand.

My headshake goes to a scheme that, unless we count the Steve Nash era Suns, I've only pictured in my head: orange and silver.

Orange/gold is also a tough scheme to make work w/o a third color.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 6/21/2018 at 1:40 PM, the admiral said:

The hate for the Bucks in forest green and red breaks my heart. There's a lot to like about it: the "Christmas colors" end up being suited for deer and winter in a northern city, and the colors kind of split the difference between the Packers and the Badgers if you're into that sort of continuity. There are issues to take with the uniforms and logos; the color palette itself is top-notch. 

It's okay. Better than most give credit for. Suited to Wisconsin? I guess if you think about it. But the Bucks' best look by far (in my book) is still the last iteration of the Irish Rainbow, with white and various shades of green and not a darn thing else.

On 6/21/2018 at 9:29 AM, WarDamnEagle_Jon said:

And the worst.

mens-s-s-3xl-12141.jpg

On 6/21/2018 at 10:40 AM, the admiral said:

Totally agree with admiral. Forest/Hunter green and red are a natural. They're no more Christmas-themed than the Red Wings' Santa Claus colours(sarcasm).

Now, if it's Kelly green and red, then it's "no thanks".

16 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Totally agree with admiral. Forest/Hunter green and red are a natural. They're no more Christmas-themed than the Red Wings' Santa Claus colours(sarcasm).

Now, if it's Kelly green and red, then it's "no thanks".

For me, it's the combination of the deer and the colors that gives off the Christmas vibe. I still really like it, especially for the Bucks.

Kelly green and red should never touch in a design. With white between them, the colors are fantastic:

marchio-alitalia-18.jpg main-qimg-2f7c6d61a186d1f8267173a7173636

When they touch, it just looks muddy as the colors compete for attention.

Archived