Your least favorite team color combination.

verno

Around the time they switched affiliation to the Astros for a few years, the New Orleans Zephyrs changed their original "Denver Zephyrs" shades of royal blue and kelly green to navy blue and pine green. It looked far too dark and had little contrast or pop.  it didn't even look good on a traditional white baseball uniform:

24_(1)_500.jpg5b0b4306ea79093134a43a887da5e4a4.jpg72590-5811887Fr.jpg

The Hartford Whalers had done a similar switch near the end of their tenure in Connecticut, darkening their green and blue (and adding silver), but it wasn't nearly as dark as this.

It is what it is.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My least favorite (and someone said it earlier in this thread as well) is blue, red, and black. Next would be navy blue and black, a la Butler basketball uniforms. After that, it is anything with brown. I know that may upset some Padres, Wyoming Cowboys, Cleveland, Bowling Green, Tufts, etc. fans. Sorry. I just don't get it.

CCSLC Signature.jpg

I have two. First is bright red, yellow, and blue. Somebody mentioned this earlier, but it's a horrible look.

dec-1997-chris-pronger-of-the-st-louis-b

The second, which I never realized until this year, is gray and yellow.

Cavaliers-Trades-Basketball-Jae-Crowder.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

1 hour ago, selby56 said:

Any combination of dark and light blue just looks horrible to me. Two of the pro sports franchises in Tennessee are guilty of this. 

Image result for kevin byard

Image result for memphis grizzlies

Respectfully disagree with you there but these are not great choices. The colour scheme can work well but the Grizzlies' look horrible with the shade of light blue and the random gold.

18 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Honestly never understood the Christmas criticism of red and green. Nobody rags on Orange and Black for being Halloween colours, or purple and gold for being Easter colours.

This reminds me of when people used to say teams wearing orange looked like pumpkins. It was like somebody made a dumb analogy and then all of the dumb people latched onto that dumb analogy and parroted it for a while. I don't think I've seen anybody say that for a while, but it feels like it used to happen all the time. 

There's plenty of anger on these boards for random black uniforms, but the worst is when the black is paired with already dark colors, especially when they make the numbers the dark color so that they're unreadable. Washington Huskies football wearing black jerseys with purple numbers, or Mississippi State doing the same with maroon numbers, for instance. 

I believe just about any palette can work with the right application, but I think the only time I've ever said "this is a problem that can't be overcome" about a color palette was the purple and kelly green Milwaukee Bucks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Red and green, and navy and forest green are the ones that immediately come to mind for me for theor lack of contrast.

The purple and forest that the Bucks wore in the 90s and 2000s is another example.

3 hours ago, selby56 said:

Any combination of dark and light blue just looks horrible to me. Two of the pro sports franchises in Tennessee are guilty of this. 

Image result for kevin byard

Image result for memphis grizzlies

I agree. Something about navy and light blue just looks cold and boring. Navy is already overused, and light blue doesn't really add to the look. Navy and teal like the Mariners looks a lot better, though.

Related image

If we're extending this to proportion in addition to colors I'll throw the Rockies out there.  Even with the lighter purple the set, especially the fonts, is so black-silver dominant that the little bit of purple is lost and a complete waste.  The 25th anniversary hats are almost a joke since all they do is rip away what little purple is left.

VmWIn6B.png

3 hours ago, Prince Harry said:

I’ll just say I have a love/hate relationship with royal blue and red together. 

There’s too much contrast a lot of the time and it can hurt to look at. 

They're both great colors, but if they're going to be together... they HAVE to be separated by white.

Archived