Your least favorite team color combination.

verno

1 hour ago, Point1 said:

54f69dc2c4463e95a7a827ef8b0ad6da.jpg

Ducks-SS-jersey-300x400.jpg

In general, I hate dark colors like navy or maroon with black, so those Blue Jacket jerseys drove me crazy.

With the Ducks, I absolute hate their colors, more than any color combo of any team I can think of. The orange and gold don't look good together--the problem is this is such a one-off scheme that it's hard for me to generalize like the people saying they hate navy and red, for example. Though I don't expect teams to match the color of their namesake animal, I think the Ducks could have done something with the colors of a mallard.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, burgundy said:

Orange and purple. I dislike the color orange to begin with, and when paired with purple I especially don't like it. It's very visually jarring to me.

Hah, that's one of my favorite schemes.

3 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I discussed purple and black.  But I actually think that Kings uniform does better with it than most.  The silver should touch the purple on the sleeve stripes but otherwise it does a good job of keeping the black and purple separate.  I don't really like that uniform but the purple (ugh) pops more on it than on most others.

Yea that's my favorite Kings uni.  The current set is too plain.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

For me, the worst color scheme for a sports team is black and white, even adding silver doesn't make it better IMO. I know that teams like the Raiders have used it for so long that it's iconic, but I just find it boring. The Kings have one of, if not the worst, uniforms in the NHL because of their colors.

31 minutes ago, Section30 said:

For me, the worst color scheme for a sports team is black and white, even adding silver doesn't make it better IMO. I know that teams like the Raiders have used it for so long that it's iconic, but I just find it boring. The Kings have one of, if not the worst, uniforms in the NHL because of their colors.

The Silver and Black can pull off black and silver. I think the Nets do a decent job of pulling off black and white. The White Sox manage to look good too. I think the key is having a simple design to go with the simple palette. The Kings' design is too busy to have so little color. 

For what it's worth, I think the Spurs look good but not great. I loved their fiesta logo and always kind of wished they'd incorporate it into their uniform. Regardless, I think those plain uniforms of theirs looked better against the splash of color on their '90s court than they do against the plain court of today.

I'm of the mind that there's no such thing as a bad color scheme, and in fact a lot of the schemes listed here are among my favorites (black/purple, green/purple... hey, guess what my favorite color is!). However, just blue/navy-and-white is boring, and way too many teams use it. I can give the Yankees and Cowboys a pass, but for the Padres and Lightning, there's no excuse.

53Ocz8U.png

13 hours ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

I'm of the mind that there's no such thing as a bad color scheme, and in fact a lot of the schemes listed here are among my favorites (black/purple, green/purple... hey, guess what my favorite color is!). However, just blue/navy-and-white is boring, and way too many teams use it. I can give the Yankees and Cowboys a pass, but for the Padres and Lightning, there's no excuse.

Add Penn State to that list and I'm good. But watching the Colts or the current Rams is just boring. Too plain and there's not enough history to prevent them from changing it (or in the Rams' case, adding more yellow back) 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 6/1/2018 at 10:24 AM, Griffinmarlins said:

So you're telling me you don't like this?

Image result for sabres winter classic jersey

The color combo has bad memories connected to it. Just not a fan.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

18 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Add Penn State to that list and I'm good. But watching the Colts or the current Rams is just boring. Too plain and there's not enough history to prevent them from changing it (or in the Rams' case, adding more yellow back) 

Agree on Rams, but the Colts look great. But generally I agree with that sentiment.

There is not really a scheme I outright hate. the only one I guess I am not too fond of is red and blue but, that has less to do with any particular taste but, rather how ubiquitous it is especially in baseball

Image result for texas rangers

Image result for atlanta braves

43 minutes ago, Rj0498 said:

There is not really a scheme I outright hate. the only one I guess I am not too fond of is red and blue but, that has less to do with any particular taste but, rather how ubiquitous it is especially in baseball

Image result for texas rangers

Image result for atlanta braves

I hate the way the Rangers look but love the combo for the Braves. Aside from the royal vs navy (navy works better with red for me), I like red being outlined in navy while am not as much a fan of navy or royal being outlined by red. 

Archived