Your least favorite team color combination.

verno

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/23/2018 at 3:00 PM, MCM0313 said:

It's okay. Better than most give credit for. Suited to Wisconsin? I guess if you think about it. But the Bucks' best look by far (in my book) is still the last iteration of the Irish Rainbow, with white and various shades of green and not a darn thing else.

I’m with you.  Christmas colors are great but that multi-green rainbow is my favorite Bucks look.  And it’s a scheme we’ll probably never see in big-time North American sports again.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 6/21/2018 at 11:29 AM, WarDamnEagle_Jon said:

And the worst.

mens-s-s-3xl-12141.jpg

On 6/23/2018 at 9:54 PM, VancouverFan69 said:

Totally agree with admiral. Forest/Hunter green and red are a natural. They're no more Christmas-themed than the Red Wings' Santa Claus colours(sarcasm).

Now, if it's Kelly green and red, then it's "no thanks".

I'm actually really surprised at how in favor of these colors you guys are. It's got me thinking there may be something wrong with my eyes, because these colors in this picture are just a straight assault on my senses.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagle_Jon said:

I'm actually really surprised at how in favor of these colors you guys are. It's got me thinking there may be something wrong with my eyes, because these colors in this picture are just a straight assault on my senses.

I think it's one of those color schemes (like brown and...anything) that's polarizing.  A number of people love it, but just as many hate it.  It's kinda like gray facemasks on teams with no gray or silver in their uniforms; some of us love them, some of us hate them, and very few of us are neutral.  

I know I'm in the minority preferring the green/red Devils to the black/red devils.  That's my personal favorite use of Christmas Colors. The Devils red jersey of the 1980s is my favorite NHL uniform of all time.  Once they went to black, the logo was still great but it kinda became just another uniform using safe, often-used colors. If I could undo one change, that would be the one, at least in hockey.

This above Bucks look was not quite as good as the Devils but I liked it overall.  On the other hand, I am not a fan of the Irish rainbow with red trim.  I guess it's a color-balance issue.  The red seems to jump off of those uniforms and the greens get left behind.  The Irish Rainbow, sans red was a great, unique look.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

12 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I think it's one of those color schemes (like brown and...anything) that's polarizing.  A number of people love it, but just as many hate it.  It's kinda like gray facemasks on teams with no gray or silver in their uniforms; some of us love them, some of us hate them, and very few of us are neutral.  

I know I'm in the minority preferring the green/red Devils to the black/red devils.  That's my personal favorite use of Christmas Colors. The Devils red jersey of the 1980s is my favorite NHL uniform of all time.  Once they went to black, the logo was still great but it kinda became just another uniform using safe, often-used colors. If I could undo one change, that would be the one, at least in hockey.

This above Bucks look was not quite as good as the Devils but I liked it overall.  On the other hand, I am not a fan of the Irish rainbow with red trim.  I guess it's a color-balance issue.  The red seems to jump off of those uniforms and the greens get left behind.  The Irish Rainbow, sans red was a great, unique look.

Here's the thing. Red and forest green complement one another like orange complements royal & navy blue and yellow/Athletic gold complements purple.

You'd be surprised that more people like the Devils' original red and dark green than you think. I will take those uniforms any day over their 90s Chicago Bulls bandwagon colours. Also, there was far more red on the red & dark green unis, ie. red helmets and red yokes on the white jerseys. 

Forest green and black shouldn't be on the same uniform let alone touching.  Blur your eyes and the green all but disappears.  Change the Forest to Kelly Green however and it becomes one of the best schemes. 

w0tuenP.jpg

Archived