Sign in to follow this  
ReesDaKing

Introducing the United States Cricket Association

INTRODUCTION INTO THE UNITED STATES CRICKET ASSOCIATION

Hello and welcome to the United States Cricket Association. 

The United States Cricket Association was founded by a group of Englishmen voyaging to the United States. The league started up with 4 teams in 1855. These teams were the Boston Siege, the Philadelphia Liberty, the Brooklyn Gardens, and the Baltimore Vultures. One of the original great players was Aaaqil Ali, great-grandfather of Moeen Ali (All-Around for the Worcestershire team). After Aaaqil got the league set up and going and started playing good, Ali was called in for the Indian Rebellion. The war lasted 18 months, but Ali only spent 9 with the army. After the war, Ali returned to the U.S for 2 seasons, before eventually returning to England. 

While Westward Expansion boomed, the league grew as well. It wasn't until 1925 when the league expanded outside of the continent of North America.

There were some famous players in the USCA, such as, Javan Marley (Bob Marley's Gret Grandpa), and Leo Bolt (Usain Bolt's Great-Great Grandpa). 

16 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Come on now. This is a concepts board. We want a story AND good concepts, not one or the other.

Are you unable to NOT be an :censored:?  This guy is actually trying and learning, but you just HAVE to trash anything a beginner does.  Try to teach someone something (like how to do good design!) instead of just always criticizing and crapping on everything they do.

Are we going to get logos with the teams?

9 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

Are we going to get logos with the teams?

We will get logos, but they most likely will not show up on jerseys until the 1890s to early 1900s. I'm trying to keep it somewhat period appropriate, with the help of websites. 

19 minutes ago, Luingus221 said:

Are you unable to NOT be an :censored:?  This guy is actually trying and learning, but you just HAVE to trash anything a beginner does.  Try to teach someone something (like how to do good design!) instead of just always criticizing and crapping on everything they do.

Notice something. I give C&C. That is what you would expect to get when yoy put something on A CONCEPT FORUM. I don’t go around trashing people who put in time and effort. I say something to the people who throw things together in 5 mins to quick post something on the fiction board.

Hint: Wanna know why there are only 3 or 4 consist good sports fictions on this site? Because both the story and good logos are present. Not being and ass. Truth hurts.

8 minutes ago, ReesDaKing said:

The story, that is already posted took me 45 minutes to come up with.

Honest C&C? Here you go.

People like Luingus221 sometimes don’t get that trying is exactly enough. If you want a successful fiction, make some logos and jerseys, then a storyline. After all, it is a concept board. I would recommend refining your skills. Maybe work with nicer pencils or markers, make them look clean and neat and use one consistent template. There are plenty of great hand drawn concepts around here, but it takes more than 10 minuets. If possible, you could learn how to use MS Paint. I’m almost sure it is free and is good for beginners. Right now, the concept just isn’t good at all. Sorry, thats how it is.

By saying it took 45 minuets to come up with that proves my point. It takes time! Dont rush it. The story isn’t great here, but you could improve it. If I came off as a jackass (I maybe did), I apologize. Thats on me. But I had to tell the truth.

Posted (edited)

I'm typically not going to look at many of the hand-drawn logos and/or uniforms after the initial look at them because they lack the presentation a computer designed logo/uniform has. They typically look sloppier and things like the uniforms outlines are often not consistent between the different teams, so some designs have bigger shirts, oddly sized sleeves, etc.

My recommendation for you is to find a template for the uniforms you're using, and use that as the base. This will give you a solid base to work on that will be the same for every team. Second, focus on the actual coloring so you're not missing little spots. Third, give us a bit of an explanation behind why the teams have their colors, what symbolism may be utilized. Without knowing the why on some things, the general masses may overlook something you thing is a nice touch.

Edited by Dan O'Mac

Ok - Stepping in here and locking this. 

@ReesDaKing - please take some time and refine your concepts a little more before posting another thread. Flesh out the ideas a little more and then start another thread.