New Amarillo baseball team announces name finalists

New Amarillo baseball team announces name finalists

May 30, 2018 - 16:55 PM

In 2019, Amarillo, Texas, will play host to affiliated minor league baseball for the first time since the Amarillo Gold Sox left town in 1982. The city will welcome the franchise that is currently playing its last season as the […]

Read More...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, those are all horrible.  They all reek of trying to hard to do something new and cutesy.  And maybe It is because I am not from Texas but "boot scooting" is a reference to a dog dragging its ass across the floor because it has irritated anal glands.  Not a great name, to say the least, though the logo could be hilarious. 

The real question would be how is the Amarillo CVC letting another organization infringe on its registered trademark of the double boots in the word Amarillo, even if it is just a placeholder for now...oh wait it is Amarillo so trademark infringement doesn't apply here.

Ugh between the "one night only food names" and the list of finalists this is becoming a joke.

I understand being wacky and creative, but theres a line where that becomes stupid and clunky.

1 hour ago, bartodell said:

Done. I would just prefer they'd have gone with something as straight forward as 66ers if they wanted an identity based on the old Mother Road.

Those are all bad but the way I grew up the Amarillo Funks would be a much better name than any of those because, even though I've never even been to Texas, I've always only known Amarillo as the home of the Funk wrestling family. And yes I know that's not for everyone and not everyone would get it but I'm argue Amarillo Funks is better than all of those options. 

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Those are all bad but the way I grew up the Amarillo Funks would be a much better name than any of those because, even though I've never even been to Texas, I've always only known Amarillo as the home of the Funk wrestling family. And yes I know that's not for everyone and not everyone would get it but I'm argue Amarillo Funks is better than all of those options. 

Amarillio Funkers?  I like it!

A girl I knew in high school played juco softball briefly for Garden City CC in Kansas.  They're the Broncbusters, or Busters for short.  No reason that couldn't be the case here as well.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived