SportsLogos.Net News

New Amarillo baseball team announces name finalists

Wow, those are all horrible.  They all reek of trying to hard to do something new and cutesy.  And maybe It is because I am not from Texas but "boot scooting" is a reference to a dog dragging its ass across the floor because it has irritated anal glands.  Not a great name, to say the least, though the logo could be hilarious. 

The real question would be how is the Amarillo CVC letting another organization infringe on its registered trademark of the double boots in the word Amarillo, even if it is just a placeholder for now...oh wait it is Amarillo so trademark infringement doesn't apply here.

Calling it... Jerky is going to win.

I'll say it again like I did in the other thread. Amarillo Armadillos would have been amazing. 

Ugh between the "one night only food names" and the list of finalists this is becoming a joke.

I understand being wacky and creative, but theres a line where that becomes stupid and clunky.

Indeed. 

There's a fine line between whimsy and pure stupid, but these are so far over the line they can't even see whimsy anymore.

Long Haulers is the best of the bunch.  They're getting to wacky at this point that now it feels like they're trying to out-wacky each other. 

My write in vote: Amarillo Helium Farmers

I'm personally a fan of Boot Scooters (plus you can play boot scootin boogie after every win) although that may come too close to an indy ball team that also plays in texas..

Those are all bad but the way I grew up the Amarillo Funks would be a much better name than any of those because, even though I've never even been to Texas, I've always only known Amarillo as the home of the Funk wrestling family. And yes I know that's not for everyone and not everyone would get it but I'm argue Amarillo Funks is better than all of those options. 

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Those are all bad but the way I grew up the Amarillo Funks would be a much better name than any of those because, even though I've never even been to Texas, I've always only known Amarillo as the home of the Funk wrestling family. And yes I know that's not for everyone and not everyone would get it but I'm argue Amarillo Funks is better than all of those options. 

Amarillio Funkers?  I like it!

1 hour ago, Griffinmarlins said:

I'll say it again like I did in the other thread. Amarillo Armadillos would have been amazing. 

That's exactly my opinion as well.

A girl I knew in high school played juco softball briefly for Garden City CC in Kansas.  They're the Broncbusters, or Busters for short.  No reason that couldn't be the case here as well.