2018 CFL Uniforms

Chewbacca

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I don't know, that wordmark pant stripe kinda kills the look for me.

i never said that the Calgary uniforms were anything short of awful haha.

In fact, this is why it's so surprising haha

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if we will see the Lions wear their orange socks with their home jersey permanently. That would make their home uniform a little more tolerable until they are able to go back to the drawing board and fix their uniforms.

CVtCaVK.jpgColor-on-color again tonight for the Stampeders as they play Saskatchewan in a Christmas in June game.

It looks like Winnipeg will wear a fresh set of jerseys tonight. They’ll be in white for their game against BC. So no color-on-color in that game.

On 6/5/2018 at 9:52 AM, gosioux76 said:

The Stampeders are the perfect uniform corollary to the Flames. Both are clubs with tremendous potential identity-wise but somehow manage to muck it up with too much black and unnecessary details. 

Honestly, all four of the Flames owned teams, including the Flames, have tremendous potential but brutal execution. All of the teams under CSEC (name of the ownership group) have great jerseys in their history but have all since switched to worse sets.

The Hitmen with armpit colours (white on the black jersey and black on the white jersey) and black piping on the white with a brutal Rangers/dropsahdow style number font that doesn’t fit with the rest of the brand. I personally could take or leave the black logo on black.

beck-malenstyn-and-jake-bean-show-off-th

Then the Roughnecks have some pieces but could be improved.

Roughnecks13.jpg

Both those sets are better than what either team wore immediately prior, but nowhere as good as both team’s best look. Much like the Stampeders and Flames.

IEI5Tg1.png

11 hours ago, Broken Record said:

Did they straight up steal that logo from the Michigan Panthers? Holy s*** that's bad.

2edun39.png

I love the idea of the profile mountain lion facing the same direction as the player on both sides of the helmet but what I agree. The cat's head is downward facing instead of looking straight ahead like in the primary BC logo.

Hate the orange helmets with the white mountain lion. The latter looks like a big cloud.

14 minutes ago, tigers said:

Why are the helmets only orange and white, yet the rest of the uniform is primarily black and orange?

In the first year of the new uniform set, they used that helmet combo in the preseason. Likely just testing things out.

3 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

In the first year of the new uniform set, they used that helmet combo in the preseason. Likely just testing things out.

Cheers.

Just looks weird not having the color of the uniform in the helmet.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

They usually wear the black helmet with an orange lion with that uni. That helmet is for the orange and white set. 

And yeah, the idea is pretty much stolen from the Panthers, but Michigan's design is better. 

19 hours ago, tigers said:

Why are the helmets only orange and white, yet the rest of the uniform is primarily black and orange?

It's only the pre-season and they only play one game at home and on the road.  They normally wear a black helmet with the orange homes and orange helmet with their road whites.Doesn't make much sense to have 2 helmets as it just adds to unnecessary costs.

Hamilton needs to decide whether they want a logo on their sleeves or stripes. Because having both is not a good look IMO.

In addition to that, not a fan of black sleeve caps on their white jerseys.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I'd go with just the stripes if I were the Ti-Cats.

On a related note, is the number on the right leg new?  I don't think I've seen that on anybody since the 80s Cowboys.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

24 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

I'd go with just the stripes if I were the Ti-Cats.

On a related note, is the number on the right leg new?  I don't think I've seen that on anybody since the 80s Cowboys.

I vaguely remember either Syracuse or Illinois having jersey number on the hip of the pants at one point.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

11 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I vaguely remember either Syracuse having jersey number on the hip of the pants at one point.

I think that was right before Donovan McNabb was there. It looks silly on Hamilton just floating there with nothing behind it. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived