2018 CFL Uniforms

Chewbacca

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, tigers said:

That little bird logo looks like a Dove.

That would make sense.

A morning dove is known to be a song bird and the song, Alouette, is actually about a song bird. 

Random side note about that song: it's actually about getting retribution on a song bird because it's song woke someone up. It's actually pretty :censored:ed up when you consider that it's a children's song.  (but that really has nothing to do with the CFL, just thought that was interesting) 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Still needs a blue outline on the stripe.

Why? There's not a blue outline on the sleeve nor the helmet red design. I mean yes there is a blue stripe on the shoulder but that the and the red areas seem solid on their own. Am I missing something? 

48 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Why? There's not a blue outline on the sleeve nor the helmet red design. I mean yes there is a blue stripe on the shoulder but that the and the red areas seem solid on their own. Am I missing something? 

The numbers and the wordmark have blue and a simple red stripe by itself looks out of place next to a mostly blue jerseys and blue socks. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The numbers and the wordmark have blue and a simple red stripe by itself looks out of place next to a mostly blue jerseys and blue socks. 

Unless I'm mistaken, the wordmark is solid red..

With that particular helmet, and the lack of any outlines throughout the rest of the set, I think I'd probably lean towards the red-only stripe..

14 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

That would make sense.

A morning dove is known to be a song bird and the song, Alouette, is actually about a song bird. 

Random side note about that song: it's actually about getting retribution on a song bird because it's song woke someone up. It's actually pretty :censored:ed up when you consider that it's a children's song.  (but that really has nothing to do with the CFL, just thought that was interesting) 

To be fair, most old time children’s songs, fairy tales, etc are pretty messed up when you examine them closely.

15 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Unless I'm mistaken, the wordmark is solid red..

With that particular helmet, and the lack of any outlines throughout the rest of the set, I think I'd probably lean towards the red-only stripe..

DgUJVVXW4AIQt68.jpg

Workmark is solid red, yeah. 

I think if they replaced the blue with red on the jersey (and drop the little hints of silver) this uniform would look alot better (Assuming it's pair with the wing helmet....which I think it should)

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On 6/18/2018 at 12:52 AM, bleuet said:

Montreal is certainly due for a change. The current campaign looks like a sort of test. I would absolutely love they go the delta logo way (1974) or event the 1949 wings like this, tbu hey, we'll see.

Not actually a wing ... it's the tuft of feathers over the Alouette's eye. Look at the current logo and you'll see them.

6 hours ago, rjrrzube said:

Not actually a wing ... it's the tuft of feathers over the Alouette's eye. Look at the current logo and you'll see them.

In that case, they should get some black hardware for the upper connection of the Speed Flex facemasks to look like an eye

54 minutes ago, bleuet said:

If you watch Ott vs Calgary right now, they are so much lookalike, same patterns, same colors, not fun, not original.

One of the few reasons why the CFL continues to struggle. Poor branding. 

Time to make the necessary corrections.

Hufnagel.John-Calg1_small.JPG_cf.jpg.089e710900ad154b50ce5ade67b8a5a2.jpg126291bf8e45fa4f970c496dede577ef.jpg_cf.jpg.fdf6ab5074882e0086583d21d0bb44aa.jpg

1 hour ago, bleuet said:

If you watch Ott vs Calgary right now, they are so much lookalike, same patterns, same colors, not fun, not original.

Both teams have made it extra confusing tonight by wearing their black helmets. Cgy usually wears red helmets at home and Ott usually wears white helmets on the road.  But not tonight... it’s like they’ve agreed to look like each other.

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

Good on them. I think this shows that they are concerned and if it really proves to be something that they find is insulting or offending people they will look to make a change.

14 hours ago, bleuet said:

Just had a look at the highlights.

I'm surprised, especially with the 2 helmet choices, that this is allowed.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The REDBLACKS need to change their look to have more plaid in it. Right now they just look like a Calgary knockoff as last night's game proved.

6 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

Just had a look at the highlights.

I'm surprised, especially with the 2 helmet choices, that this is allowed.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The REDBLACKS need to change their look to have more plaid in it. Right now they just look like a Calgary knockoff as last night's game proved.

Ottawa does need more plaid.

Calgary needs to ditch the black - especially the black helmet.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

2 hours ago, philcar1994 said:

Never noticed this before, but the TiCats have player numbers on the side of their paints (home and away)

Not a fan

42384468344_2bb779ce1c_b.jpg

I don't mind it since they don't have a stripe.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

Archived