Chewbacca

2018 CFL Uniforms

I thought the Hamilton-Winnipeg game looked great. I knew about the numbers on the pants (which is a great uniform element btw) but I didn't realize the placement was awful. They should be on the upper thigh facing frontward

When was the last time we had pants numbers? I know the Packers, Colts, abd Cowboys all tried it in the 1980s, but I can't remember seeing any since.

On 6/30/2018 at 9:29 AM, Sodboy13 said:

When was the last time we had pants numbers? I know the Packers, Colts, abd Cowboys all tried it in the 1980s, but I can't remember seeing any since.

Syracuse in the early-mid 90s (which was a copy of the Packers/Colts/Cowboys) was the last team that I can remember.

Montreal's helmet for July

43127031582_b03ff9788a_h.jpg

On 6/30/2018 at 2:39 AM, philcar1994 said:

Never noticed this before, but the TiCats have player numbers on the side of their paints (home and away)

Not a fan

42384468344_2bb779ce1c_b.jpg

I was at the game, and I thought the same thing too.

Side note of some interest. I was there with a friend who's a fringe football fan at best. She mentioned to me that she loves the bombers jerseys because "You don't see much gold in football".

Just something I thought the members of the board would find interesting :) 

3 hours ago, philcar1994 said:

Montreal's helmet for July

43127031582_b03ff9788a_h.jpg

Did they make a mistake with the eye? I've never seen the logo as solid red. I thought the eye was green.

IF it's not a mistake and intentional, I wonder if for next month's helmet which I assume is this

6098.gif

they go with a white helmet and replace the blue in the logo with red.

I assume it's intentional since they no longer have green in the colour scheme.

Ya, original est red and green but it wouldnt work. fine with me. They could make the eye blue and would hve been better

10 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

Side note of some interest. I was there with a friend who's a fringe football fan at best. She mentioned to me that she loves the bombers jerseys because "You don't see much gold in football".

Just something I thought the members of the board would find interesting :) 

Was she referring to football in Canada?

17 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Did they make a mistake with the eye? I've never seen the logo as solid red. I thought the eye was green.

IF it's not a mistake and intentional, I wonder if for next month's helmet which I assume is this

6098.gif

August should be this, taken from the 1986 season when the team changed their name from Concordes to Alouettes for the 40th anniversary of the franchise.

Image result for 1986 montreal alouettesImage result for 1986 montreal alouettes

This was the only time that logo appeared on a white helmet.

That second pic has pant numbers too!

11 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Was she referring to football in Canada?

She didn't specific but I assume she meant the CFL specifically.

On 7/3/2018 at 4:18 PM, DNAsports said:

6098.gif

The geek in me would prefer

s-l1600.jpg

$_59.JPG

Di0dTCGW0AA7eJ_.jpg

Seeing this his makes me realize how easy it would be for Montreal to take this jersey as a base, add a red outline to the number, and a red/white shoulder stripe

37947329_10161163747100455_1432988256030

I was reading the Alouettes' 2018 Media Guide and this was listed in their uniform history. The helmets here show all of the past logos in red. It's a HUGE missed opportunity if their delta logo is in all red as opposed to red and blue. I guess we'll find out shortly since August is right around the corner.

Reference: https://en.montrealalouettes.com/media-guide/ (page 122 of 2018 Guide)

19 hours ago, G-tron said:

37947329_10161163747100455_1432988256030

I was reading the Alouettes' 2018 Media Guide and this was listed in their uniform history. The helmets here show all of the past logos in red. It's a HUGE missed opportunity if their delta logo is in all red as opposed to red and blue. I guess we'll find out shortly since August is right around the corner.

Reference: https://en.montrealalouettes.com/media-guide/ (page 122 of 2018 Guide)

Looks all red.

DjXPsuFUcAEsGRM.jpg

10 minutes ago, bleuet said:

Terrible.What are they thinkin? 

I’m kind of liking it.

Why on earth would you make a point of bringing back historic logos only to get a bunch of them wrong? Insane.

Shawn Lemon has now been on the roster of 7 out of 9 current teams. Has there been a player who has played for all teams?