Your favorite color combinations

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pink and blue of the Miami Heat's Vice uniform.  So unique and 80s.  I still have hope they make those colors primary due to the popularity of the brand.  Red and black can be throwbacks. 

Other favorites:
Navy and neon green (Seahawks, T-wolves, etc)

Navy and neon yellow (Columbia Fireflies)

Royal blue and neon green

Teal and purple (Hornets)

Teal and black (Sharks, Coastal Carolina who also have bronze which is rare)

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Example teams are those I feel wear/wore it best.

Christmas Devils 

Green / Yellow (North Stars)

Brown / Orange (Padres)

Bucks 1980s Irish rainbow (no red)

Dark Blue / Light Blue (Maine)

Red / Yellow with no black (Flames)

Kelly and Silver with no black (Eagles)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

green and gold is heavenly. kelly and athletic or metallic, specifically.

i'm also a sucker for navy and columbia blue, brown and gold, brown and orange... columbia and grey.

red and silver.

my absolute favorite color scheme is one that isn't really used though.

take the minnesota wild and replace the green with chocolate brown. brown, red, and gold/wheat... it just looks so amazing to me.

(In no particular order)

For color schemes that have been used at one point by a top-level team:

- Brown/Orange

- Green/Yellow/White

- Light Blue/Red (or Maroon)

- Teal/Purple (or the similar Purple/Light Blue)

- Black/Light Blue (or the similar Navy/Light Blue)

- Red/Silver (or Dark Gray)

- Black/Orange

- Orange/Blue

Color schemes that have been used very rarely if at all but I think would look great:

- Red/Orange/Dark Gray (or Black)

- Brown/Light Blue (or Teal)

- Black/Copper

- Dark Green/Orange (or the similar Red/Dark Green)

Now, a little clarification...when I say Green, I generally mean Kelly Green or a similar shade (think of the Dallas Stars' "Victory Green").

Asfor Red/Orange/Dark Gray, I'd either have a standard scarlet and creamsicle orange or have a slightly darker orange and a more standard shade of orange. Or Brick Red/Black and Black/Red-Orange on their own work, too.

Orange/Blue has a number of different shades, but I've really grown on Orange/Navy, especially when orange is the main color (Denver Broncos, 2017-18 Edmonton Oilers). Another variation of Orange/Blue that I really would like to see is Red-Orange/Light Blue, with a very near burnt orange and a powder blue.

As for Red/Orange/Graphite, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have come close, but even with their 1997-2013 uniforms the pewter was a few shades too warm. Remove that warmth or even make it a slightly cool gun-metal gray and IMO the color pallete is improved dramatically and pops even more when compared to the much, much warmer red and orange.

I'm surprised that, aside from the 1999-2003 Utah Jazz alts, 2000s Edmonton Oilers, and the arena/indoor football Arizona Rattlers, there have been no pro/college teams that have tried a predominantly Black/Copper (or even Navy) look, given how well black goes with metallic colors (though getting the shade right might have something to do with it. The deeper, richer shade of copper that the Jazz and Rattlers employed worked much better than the washed-out pink-ish/gold-ish/bronze-ish Edmonton Oilers of the 2000s).

Finally, there's got to be some honorable mentions for color schemes that I like but aren't among my very favorites:

- Purple/Black

- Brown/Yellow

- Blue/Yellow

- Maroon/Yellow

- Black/Silver (or the similar Black/White, yes I'm serious)

- Teal/Gold/Black

- Dark Gray/Gold

- Black/Yellow

- Red/Black

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Teal/Black/Gold - 90s Jags wore it best

The Golden Knights’ scheme minus the red

Royal Blue/Black/Silver

Navy/Neon Green

Purple/Silver/Black

Red/White/Navy Blue

Navy/Powder Blue/Gold

Purple and orange (Clemson, but the USFL Pittsburgh Maulers had better color balance IMO)

Maroon/burgundy and orange (Virginia Tech)

Brown and orange

Royal blue and red (Bills FTW)

Hornets

Golden Knights

UCLA when they don't wear black or go too navy-heavy

Tulane when they don't do black or grey

Black, red, and grey/silver together (pre-2003 Atlanta Falcons)

Navy and teal (Mariners, although I wish they wore more teal and less navy)

Light blue and red (Houston Oilers)

Light blue and burgundy/maroon

Light blue and purple

Royal blue and kelly green

Navy blue and kelly green

Blue, red, and yellow or gold together (London Monarchs, Tulsa football; 2003-10 Cavs)

Almost anything involving kelly green, old gold, hot pink, or copper/bronze

Navy/white and navy/orange/white can both be good but often aren't - I think the Detroit Tigers do both well, with their home and road uniforms, respectively

Buccaneers' color scheme as long as the pewter is NOT matte-finish

A lot of mentions for green and gold, which is a nice combo of beautiful and not overdone. I'm gonna go on step further and say NOT kelly, but the A's modern forest is superior. The best colors combos tend to match a bright color with a dark color, and this is no exception. I'm jealous of this color combo as I don't root for any teams with it.

40365252655_dcb12de676_b.jpg

Similarly, the Hornets teal and purple is awesome. Even when they do BFBS it looks cool. But the combo next to the Cavs old road jerseys was the best IMO. They play off each other so well even though that Cavs set wasn't my favorite.

ad43178cc2314790931f84120683b21f.jpg?itoa2c90a84aead4efd95db1d85cb1c0e6c.jpg?ito

Also, orange basketball jerseys just work, with navy or royal or whatever:

Russell+Westbrook+Oklahoma+City+Thunder+

7950176.jpg

Oklahoma-City-Thunder-v-Cleveland-CavaliQ3C7DYM235BR3PEX3VS22JBKRA.JPG

Speaking of orange, I love Tennessee's orange and white:

671956406.jpg.0.jpg

Oh shoot do I just like orange as a primary?

astros-jose-altuve-stats-season.jpg

mets-orange-jersey.jpg?w=531&h=350

Denver-Broncos1.jpg

4 hours ago, C-Squared said:

Everyone is doing back flips concocting descriptive names for unique color combinations and I'm just over here like

grantland_a_bills-fan_mb_57611.jpg?w=750

With colors, extra descriptors are often necessary because of all the variants. Since the generic "gold" often includes what I call "yellow", I find it helpful to specify my fave gold as "Vegas Gold".

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

Archived