Point1's Adidas CHL - QMJHL complete!

Point1

Hey guys, I haven't really had the time (or patience) for the big logo redesigning kind of stuff lately, and the third jersey predictions I made in my other thread kind of inspired me to stick with that very to-the-point designing. While I do have a dormant (for now) OHL rebrand thread, this is a chance for me to just focus on jerseys. Gonna start with my hometown (and too-often neglected) QMJHL.

#1: QMJHL - Maritime Division

Bathurst (Memorial Cup Champions) did a lot right with their redesign, but I stripped the script from their logo and simplified their stripes away from the Jets template. For the Eagles, I added a gold stripe to the shoulders and went with a roundel instead of their very busy primary. For Charlottetown I scrapped their whole ugly, muted colour pallet and gave them the only royal blue jersey in the league. Halifax, admittedly my hometown team, got sharper striping and removed the phantom yoke. Moncton scrapped the inexplicable royal blue, simplified the logo, and gave them arm striping. Finally, St John simplified the Sabres template they use now into something a little more striking.

lYXtBfw.png

C&C appreciated as always.

Not gonna lie, leaving out the numbers and not showing the typeface of the NOB makes these concepts - while nice - feel incomplete. I feel that it's better to showcase each team's full uniform rather in batches rather than one image showing just the front of each team's jersey.

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

1 hour ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Not gonna lie, leaving out the numbers and not showing the typeface of the NOB makes these concepts - while nice - feel incomplete. I feel that it's better to showcase each team's full uniform rather in batches rather than one image showing just the front of each team's jersey.

I get that for sure, this is the first time I've done it like that instead of the team-by-team. My main thing is that with my technological limitations, numbers/NOB is insanely time-consuming (since I didn't get any of the font files before they got taken down) and I'm only home for about a week. Plus I think there's kind of something to be said for seeing the whole league as an entity rather than as divided up teams - I kind of liked the Adidas thing from when they revealed the jerseys last year where it was a sheet with every one on it together.

I will most likely finish up the league with this format and then go back and add in numbers. 

#2: QMJHL - East Division

Moving (ironically) west, we get to the East Division. First up, Baie-Comeau has had really ugly sweaters and boring Flames colours for a while so I thought I'd change it up. The blue from the logo is now the secondary colour, and I really like how the shade looks with red and gold. Chicoutimi simplifies to their old design again, no more gross piping. The Remparts are a good looking team already so I just got rid of the unnecessary thin red stripes. Rimouski I think also look pretty cool now so I made their grey a bit bluer and tinkered with the stripes but nothing too dramatic. Shawinigan was a big one because I hate their logo and their jerseys. I changed their colours to gold and navy and brought back their vintage logo. Finally another colour change for Victoriaville, who now wear orange and navy,

UmOCKd1.png

5 hours ago, alexandre said:

Love the Drakkar's new scheme- they have such a cool logo that it's always a shame they have an otherwise generic aesthetic. They feel like they should have a unique colour scheme. Did you try it with the blue at the hem as well?

I did!  But because the pants would be blue the gold trim did the job just fine I thought.

Here's the final QMJHL one:

#3: QMJHL - West Division

Finishing up we have some of the coolest looking teams in the league. Starting with the Armada, I changed nothing there because damn do they have an awesome identity. For Drummondville I went with bold, simple stripes incorporating silver trim. Gatineau went back to dull black and silver (ripping off the Armada), so I darkened their old purple and brought back orange. The Huskies have a cool logo but awful gradient jerseys, so I got a bit more to the point. Similarly, the Phoenix have an old Blues template with pretty cool colours, so I kept the modern striping while simplifying it. Finally, went with a double green for Val D'Or and made the gold a bit more golden.

lm6kQGt.png

I have to say, the Drakkar’s jersey looks unfinished to me. It needs a little bit of black and little more striping. Other than that, good job on everything else( the Olympiques’ jersey is probably my favourite jersey of them all).

Archived