Cosmic

IHOP Name Change Coming 6/11

It feels like an April Fool's Joke, but apparently it's really happening.

It's probably not an official name change, just a promotional one to advertize their new burgers.

And that logo does not work as well with the b instead of the p. The decender of the p makes a nose, while the ascender on the b isn't really anything.

5 minutes ago, burgundy said:

It's probably not an official name change, just a promotional one to advertize their new burgers.

And that logo does not work as well with the b instead of the p. The decender of the p makes a nose, while the ascender on the b isn't really anything.

So it's not a permanent fix then?

lame lame lame lame lame. Stay in your lane IHOB, no-one wants your crummy burgers. We'd rather slowly clog an artery on your Rutti-Tutti-Fresh-and-Frutti Kings Hawaiian Lard-Soaked Birthday Cake French Toast Sundaes. For breakfast. Now that's eatin'.

Okay IHOP, I know about your burgers, but now I hate your guts for wasting my time. Well played.

If the "B" is for Breakfast, it makes sense. 

If it's for Burgers, BOOOOOOOO 

The "b" has better stand for bacon, dammit!

On 6/6/2018 at 7:35 PM, burgundy said:

Burgers, huh? I know another place that their logo reminds me of:

jack.jpg

IHOPB better hope that a lawsuit "b" not coming...

I thought the name change was because of the World Cup in Russia and "IHOB" sounds vaguely Russian.

International House of Borscht though doesn't sound appealing...

IHOB, or International House of Burgers it is. But seriously who goes to IHOP for non breakfast food? Im a Waffle House guy anyway.

6 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

IHOB, or International House of Burgers it is. But seriously who goes to IHOP for non breakfast food? Im a Waffle House guy anyway.

I've been to IHOP maybe 6 times in my life. Only one of those times was for breakfast.

There's a <1% chance this is a permanent name change. This smells like a (clever) PR stunt to launch their new burgers. They're not going to give up all of the equity in the IHOP name just because they have burgers now.

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

I've been to IHOP maybe 6 times in my life. Only one of those times was for breakfast.

Do you mean breakfast time or breakfast food?  Because I can eat breakfast food any time of the day.

50 minutes ago, DDR said:

There's a <1% chance this is a permanent name change. This smells like a (clever) PR stunt to launch their new burgers. They're not going to give up all of the equity in the IHOP name just because they have burgers now.

Only a few restaurants are actually getting IHOb signs.  They're still IHOP.

Such a stupid PR stunt. I bet the Burgers don't even taste good.

2 hours ago, Dilbert said:

But seriously who goes to IHOP for non breakfast food?

IHOP is just a diner.  So getting burgers there seems perfectly reasonable. 

And this is a good idea for a campaign.  It is similar in concept to campaigns reminding people that you can get chicken at McDonald's, Burger King, White Castle, or any other restaurant that's known primarily for burgers.

I mean, IHOP has had worse ad campaigns...