Nuggets Evolved: Unveil New Logos, Colours, Uniforms

1 hour ago, anythinglogos said:

This color scheme looks like a Thunder-Cavs love child. 

If they eliminated the navy in favor of the lighter blue it could be heading into the right direction. Personally I thought that their two best courses of action with their color scheme was either to adopt Colorado flag colors  and go royal  blue with red and yellow or adopt the Rapids color and go light blue and claret with some metallic gold sprinkled in. This is just so 90's dreary

Royal blue, yellow, with a minimal touch of maroon would have been perfect for a team from Colorado.

They might have seen high Lebron James jersey sales and decided to use the Cavs colors cause they want something the same for their own team.

The entire scheme is dreary because it just doesn't feel like a Denver Nuggets uniform.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, they’re at least better than last years set, so at least that’s something, right?  

The navy is probably the biggest problem here. Use the royal blue instead and the uniforms are clearly Colorado-flag inspired, which explains the heavy use of white and at least brightens the color balance a bit. These would have followed the Colorado flag in having White/blue striping and red/yellow text, but they couldn’t push the theme the whole way.

I hate that the circular word mark is becoming a trend, I knew this would happen the moment the Pacers uniforms unveiled, I like the shorts.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

They aren’t terrible. The color balance is off, and I hate that style of collar. But overal, they’re fine. I am going to miss that weird looking mountain logo though. It was weirdly charming, the way a logo for a terrible team should be.

My reaction to these new logos/uniforms is my general reaction to everything this organization does: Why?

jNTsTyQ.png

The Icon and Association uniforms are from the waist down pretty good. Waist up, however, does feature some color balance problems, and I am not a fan of wishbone collars, especially the ones used in this one. It just cuts really weird. I actually kinda like the Statement, though. Sure, it capitalizes on the Colorado flag trend, but I like its unique design. However, it should be the City uniform. 

I can see the complaints about the "Cavs-esque" color scheme, but I think the colors and their applications make them different enough to be seen as not the same, especially with the dual blues, increased use of white, and brighter red.

I guess the new look is fine, but there should be one shade of blue (not two) and there needs to be more consistent color balance. It is, however, a refreshing look for a team the needs one. 

I would grade it as a 7/10 (an upgrade, but still needs a lot of work).

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

This is actually really good, an could be great with just tweaks. Logo's lazy to use a roundel, but it's a great roundel in a universe where roundels don't rule land, air and sea. I'm also a huge fan of the color scheme in a vacuum, although the Cavs did already claim it. Mines are dark, and the royal works great as a standout (3rd? 4th?) jersey. I would make that Mile High jersey the City uni if its not already, and make a gold jersey with vintage accents the 3rd. Love the mountain arch on the shorts too. Solid, solid, A-

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

I don't hate them, but they look way too much like a college team.  Not to mention all that fuss about maroon and then they barely use it.  The "Mile High City" uniform isn't great, and the wordmark looks incredibly awkward (not to mention my hatred of nicknames on jerseys).  The major killing factor, in my opinion, is the color balance.  Way too much white on the blue, way too much blue on the white, barely any maroon (not that that's an awful thing), and little yellow.  Definite C.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

Dull as hell.  Bit of good stuff here and there, but forgettable as anything the NBA has known.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I was skeptical that these would look too much like the other blue/red/gold teams' uniforms, but I think they played it the right way to avoid that and create a look that's signature to Denver. I don't think the uniforms are perfect, but unlike most of you, I really like the approach they took with color.

This color scheme could have easily resulted in something wildly overdone, tacky, dated, you name it, but they used red and gold to set off specific important parts of the uniforms, and the result is pretty refreshing and unexpected. The predominantly blue and white uniforms have a neo-retro vibe with that bold waistband, which I think is the right vibe for the Nuggets and their love affair with the old looks). I particularly like how the arm and neck trim coordinates with the numbers while the city/team name stands alone in the clay or gold color. The big miss for me is not having any of that trim color in the bottom half of the uniform. The waistband and the mountain panel desperately need a little bit of the gold and clay trim that shows up on the arms and neck (or it needs to be taken out of the those areas).

The lettering, as mentioned before, is too close to Austin Peay's. The Ns are also too thick through the middle. Honestly, I think they could have salvaged it by going a little farther toward their 90s lettering and bringing in some of the reverse-contrast, thicker top and bottom, saloon style characteristics. With no more home/road designations, it also would have made more sense to put Denver on the white uniform (in the Colorado clay color), and Nuggets on the dark uniform (gold nuggets!). I think the Mile High uniform is a typographic miss. Why not use the new lettering there as well? Love the color, though. I think the royal blue really works well as the departure color in the identity. Sky blue was nice, but the Nuggets' history is royal blue to me.

The craftsmanship on the upper part of that skyline logo is dreadful. Building outlines running into mountain outlines, angles running into angles and forming clumsy slivers and tension points, etc. I can't stop looking at that spot where the peak of the center mountain outline pokes into the basketball seam!

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The Nuggets have never had a great uniform and sadly the trend continues with this set.  The colour balance is awful, the striping is uninspired and the decision to make navy the primary colour results in a predictably dull uniform set.  They should have just made the logo below their new primary.  The colours were perfect, once they replaced the darker royal with navy, and they could have easily built a great uniform around it.

7BgoTiT.png

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

If they replaced the navy with royal, they'd be top-tier...

DfDnvM0W4AMc8db?format=jpg

I couldn’t disagree more. I’m not a fan of this colour scheme, but using all three primary colours is garish as hell. It reminds me of an elementary school classroom.

Archived