Nuggets Evolved: Unveil New Logos, Colours, Uniforms

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Derek94 said:

Ha had to comment it makes me smile knowing people born in 90s still know about my Houston Oilers!  What a great franchise they were.

As much as I share that sentiment, I think JTernup meant Edmonton.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

2 hours ago, TheScottyZ said:

For those requesting a color swap of Maroon/Wine for Light Blue...

2q2fvyv.jpg

25arho6.jpg

Why do these unis scream "Tennessee Titans + yellow"?

6uXNWAo.png

On 6/7/2018 at 11:16 PM, kimball said:

80721bb7-cd48-11e6-b490-0f437cfe09ba.png

Yes, this might be a reason (like almost always), but I'm not sure that they sold enough jerseys to earning huge profits from them especially that I remember those jerseys was criticized by fans.

4r2eer.png

On 6/7/2018 at 9:46 PM, Cujo said:

nuggets.jpg

All logos are incredibly solid. Unbothered by the John Denver star. Even the alts featuring royal blue turned out better than I had originally imagined when seeing the leaked Draft Day hat. Pretty damn impressed.

DfDo7hqVMAAbQEF.jpg:large

While pretty nice, I wish there were a bit more red in these and didn't feature so much white. The modern fonts are okayyy but feel they'll see a change before too long.

DfDoupiVQAAh_7W.jpg:large

My favorite jersey of the new set. I definitely like the incorporation of red. However, the shorts are a bit too plain, would like them to have a bit more color to them.

DfD9-lXUwAAztxz.jpg:large

Didn't see a royal blue jersey, but pleasantly surprised with how they came out. I'd rather the shorts have red or yellow instead of navy, but this'll work.

As for as the City jerseys, while I was hoping for a red jersey, I'm sure they'll be yellow and incorporate some sort of skyline (ala their previous set).

15 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Basketball included. :rolleyes:

The logo set is really growing on me. It's easily the best part of this logo set. The skyline logo is the best logo of the bunch and a great callback to their 1980s look. That said, that roundel looks awfully familiar:

4546_utah_jazz-alternate-2017.png

Of course, you can't do a lot with a roundel. (On the flip side, it might be a good idea for the Jazz to drop their roundel and go with a team-colored version of their state-outline logo. Much of the same can be said of just about every NBA roundel, though.)

The two biggest things about the jerseys for me are (A) The color balance, and, related to it, (B) The armhole/collar striping, or lack thereof. The road Icon uniform has the best color balance out of all 3 jerseys, but that awesome dark red is virtually nonexistent. I feel that making the mountains on the shorts dark red would go a long way to bring out all the Nuggets' team colors while being an awesome reference to Denver's awesome city flag. The armhole/collar striping on the road Icon uniform should also be either dark red or gold.

Red mountains on the shorts mountains, along with more gold in general (between the beltline tripes on the shorts, perhaps?), would also help out the color balance of the home Association and Statement uniforms. I'd also put the city skyline logo on the buckle of all jerseys and probably go with one shade of blue (I'd go with the dark royal) for the base color for both the road Icon and Statement uniforms, but I'd be more inclined to go with a gold Statement jersey.

16 hours ago, Cujo said:

Or

f7654d4f480024eaad5a3392d671ffe5--nolan-

*Clears throat*

jazzokcg3.png

?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

3 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

That said, that roundel looks awfully familiar:

4546_utah_jazz-alternate-2017.png

Yea, ok pal. Let's not pretend the Jazz didn't do everything in their power to rip-off the Nuggets in the mid-00s.  44

#Jazzjacked

Utah_Jazz_Logo19.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

18 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

As much as I share that sentiment, I think JTernup meant Edmonton.

Nope, Houston. I would love to see the Nuggz in a sky blue, red, yellow combo with almost no white. Similar color balance as the Oilers but with yellow replacing white. 

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Yea, ok pal. Let's not pretend the Jazz didn't do everything in their power to rip-off the Nuggets in the mid-00s.

Utah_Jazz_Logo19.jpg

#Jazzjacked

True. I'll give you that. It's just funny how both teams have taken some elements of each other's designs over the years.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

The Jazz also ripped off the Nuggets in the '90s by going from a music to a mountain motif. I still believe there's a synthesis to achieve there with a saxophone for a J and a mountain for an A.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, JTernup said:

Nope, Houston. I would love to see the Nuggz in a sky blue, red, yellow combo with almost no white. Similar color balance as the Oilers but with yellow replacing white. 

My mistake....thought you were referring to the Nuggets going away from a brighter scheme to a darker one.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived