Nuggets Evolved: Unveil New Logos, Colours, Uniforms

Who else agrees that the Nuggets are a particularly hard team to design for? Between the name and the city, there's not a lot to work with. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Who else agrees that the Nuggets are a particularly hard team to design for? Between the name and the city, there's not a lot to work with. 

The city/state has some potential, but literally everything has a Colorado flag on it now. So, they are a little late to that party. 

The name is definitely rough, though. The pick axe logo is the best design they’ve ever had. Which isn’t saying much, as they’ve had a lot of garbage logos.

jNTsTyQ.png

13 hours ago, BroncoBuff said:

He's so confused he's gonna win a Super Bowl next year .... besides, he's too rich to be confused.

Wait ..... you're a grudging St. Louis Rams guy, right?

stlouis.gif

Wasn't I obvious?? ??.

P.S. I'm a Bears fan but I am quite familiar with the Kroenke family.  Let's just say I don't name drop like others to sound high and mighty. 

Jokes aside their owner is sneaky, smart and quite opportunistic. Everything I dream if as a businessman.

shado_logo.gif

2 hours ago, TalktoChuck said:

The name is definitely rough, though.

If you were playing Family Feud and the survey was "Name a kind of nugget," "gold" would be third behind "chicken" and "weed," if not fourth behind those two and "butt."

Yeah, I would just yell "PENIS VAGINA!" every time I was called on so I could watch him show his disgust for what society has become.

I think the Nuggets have a few strong things going. They have the Colorado flag (which is the reason why the color scheme of this new set, especially the mixing of yellow and white trim, doesn’t bother me as much as it should objectively). And they have the Tetris skyline. Either of these may not be great, and maybe not literal for the team brand, but they fit the current trends.

I woulda been curious if they could have done anything with that weird flirtation with black and ice blue, but eh.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

7 hours ago, the admiral said:

The Nuggets have a tough name to work with, yes. But they could do a hell of a lot better than this. 

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

Yeah, I would just yell "PENIS VAGINA!" every time I was called on so I could watch him show his disgust for what society has become.

Richard Dawson was really great in Running Man. Does Steve Harvey kiss grandma on the lips?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

11 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Yeah, that roundel with the pick axe in the ball is much better and an actual concept compared to the generic flat ball they went with, a logo that the Utah Jazz already have.

The final skyline logo was improved drastically over the concept version, though - which we actually saw on the posted Draft hat, I believe - and got so much more applicable for use.

17 hours ago, Derek94 said:

Oooh boy haha...  yes you're right that makes much more sense :blush:

Nope, I responded to that comment saying I wanted a HOUSTON Oilers-esque color scheme just with yellow replacing white. I may not 'remember' the Oilers (I was two when they left for TN) but I will never forget that beautiful color scheme and those fun teams they had with Warren Moon. I would imagine similar sentiments among 90's kids on these boards are similar.

On that note, why have the Nuggets deemphasized the yellow so much? It won't be the base color for the city edition jersey and it plays a very minor role on the other three jerseys. This is the exact opposite of what I expected after the emphasis of yellow on last year's apparel and warm up gear.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

4 hours ago, JTernup said:

Nope, I responded to that comment saying I wanted a HOUSTON Oilers-esque color scheme just with yellow replacing white. I may not 'remember' the Oilers (I was two when they left for TN) but I will never forget that beautiful color scheme and those fun teams they had with Warren Moon. I would imagine similar sentiments among 90's kids on these boards are similar.

On that note, why have the Nuggets deemphasized the yellow so much? It won't be the base color for the city edition jersey and it plays a very minor role on the other three jerseys. This is the exact opposite of what I expected after the emphasis of yellow on last year's apparel and warm up gear.

I think it depends on how you look at it. Certainly there’s less of it in quantity, but I’d argue that the use of it more focused, similarly to how it’s used on the Colorado flag; a blue and white base with a red and gold focal element. It’s emphasized, just in a different way than we expect on a sport uniform.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

These logos are beautiful. The potential for a great city skyline alternate jersey is there.

Add a Nuggets script below the first one and it might be a decent primary logo. And it would kind of fit the mold of what all their previous primary logos were...

4681_denver_nuggets-alternate-2019.png

7796_denver_nuggets-alternate-2019.png

On 6/10/2018 at 4:47 PM, TalktoChuck said:

The city/state has some potential, but literally everything has a Colorado flag on it now. So, they are a little late to that party. 

The name is definitely rough, though. The pick axe logo is the best design they’ve ever had. Which isn’t saying much, as they’ve had a lot of garbage logos.

Except they're the Denver team that actually has a history of using the colors of the Colorado flag.  If anyone can pull it off, it's them.

Archived