Nuggets Evolved: Unveil New Logos, Colours, Uniforms

54 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

In the article, I mentioned that it's referencing the Palmer Lake Star, pictured here:

palmer-lake-star.png

So, folks from Colorado, is that a well-known thing in the Denver area?

Hmm... not familiar with it. Palmer Lake is more down south, so I am a bit confused as to why they would do this. Maybe more as a gesture to unite the state? Color scheme sure tilts that way.

Honestly, I think the change is good. Our look has been confusing for the past 5-7 years, having switched primary colors, fonts, uniforms, etc. It should be good to settle down with a consistent look.

I look back at our powder blue era in both disgust and joy. On one hand, the colors were unique and we were easily identifiable, but on the other, I have recollections of failed playoff runs and wasted potential. This new change fits with a hungry, young team. Sorta repetitive in terms of colors? Yeah, but I always was interested in the Nuggets bringing back some form of that 90's color scheme. Let's hope they can follow through on the uniforms.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always felt like the Nuggets were a bit misguided about their identity.  The 90s look where it was so dark and bleak sucked.  They aged terribly, too.  The Carmelo-era blue was a step up, but they still don't own an identity.

GOLD.  YOUR IDENTITY IS "GOLD."  IT MUST BE THE FEATURED COLOR.  EVERYTHING ELSE MUST SERVE GOLD. 

YOU'RE WELCOME.  THAT WILL BE $25,000.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

11 hours ago, Conrad. said:

In the article, I mentioned that it's referencing the Palmer Lake Star, pictured here:

palmer-lake-star.png

So, folks from Colorado, is that a well-known thing in the Denver area?

Actually, the article says "It appears that the graphic on the sides of the roundel is the Palmer Lake Star".  Was that your own speculation, or did you hear that from somebody associated with the rebrand?

On 5/18/2018 at 2:30 PM, jaha32 said:

Growing up in the 90s, this the color scheme I associate with Mutombo, McDyess, LaPhanso Ellis, and Abdul-Rauf, so I prefer this to the current blue color scheme, as the NBA already has plenty of blue. It’s just too bad the Cavs have sort of taken these colors (minus the new black) and made it theirs, but there’s room for more than one team to use gold, wine, and navy.

It doesn't really matter if the Cavs currently use that color scheme, because the Cavs will change their uniforms in a year or two.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

26 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Actually, the article says "It appears that the graphic on the sides of the roundel is the Palmer Lake Star".  Was that your own speculation, or did you hear that from somebody associated with the rebrand?

It's just a speculation on my part, but I imagine it would make even less sense if it wasn't referencing the star, right? I guess they could call it a "spark from a mining hammer," but that seems awfully uninspired. I suppose I might be giving them too much credit, haha.

1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

It's just a speculation on my part, but I imagine it would make even less sense if it wasn't referencing the star, right? I guess they could call it a "spark from a mining hammer," but that seems awfully uninspired. I suppose I might be giving them too much credit, haha.

Maybe.  But there has to be a more-Denver association with a star, right? 

19 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

People want the rainbow skyline. This really shouldn't be that hard.

The rainbow skyline is an abomination regardless of how they re-colour it.  Just awful.

As for the recent colour change, I really don't get this team.  The powder-blue, gold and navy was unique and looked spectacular.  As many have already pointed out, the new scheme looks like the bastard child of the Cleveland Cavaliers and their abysmal 1993-2003 palette.  This team makes the Vancouver Canucks visual history look restrained.

Are the Nuggets the Padres of the NBA? They've had a wide variety of looks and color schemes with a wacky period in the 80's, but keep bouncing around without really sticking. 

They're going back to the 90's color scheme with yellow taking gold's place - that's good. I like that. Light blue always seemed a tad off for them and Colorado. Uniforms - they just recolored some of the snoozer unis they've been wearing the last season. Bland and uninspiring. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Maybe.  But there has to be a more-Denver association with a star, right? 

Well, capital cities are stars on a map. 

That's about it, I think. (I don't get the stars reference at all and I lived there for a long itme)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Yeah to echo what everyone else is saying, there is almost no way that star has anything to do with Palmer Lake. It is not associated with Denver at all and is not a significant landmark in CO. 

I totally agree with CS85, this rebrand should be making Yellow/Gold the primary with navy and a brighter red acting as supporting colors. As it is I'm really worried it's going to be a drab mess like the 90's uniforms.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Those 90s nuggets jerseys ain’t too bad as we making it sound... I like the maroon and I love dark red so not so bad, of course Cleveland already has it so then I understand complaints...

#truetoatl

I'm not at my computer to test this out, but I'm curious of two potential possibilities for the Nuggets for their next uniform change down the road...

1) Re-appropriating the old Denver Gold colorway. Short of those "Drake Night" alternates, I don't think a single NBA team has ever taken the hardwood in black and (rich shiny metallic) gold. If nothing else, it would serve as a unique look, and (for what this may be worth) sync up with the Colorado Buffaloes. In my head I envision a rainbow-skyline-inspired alternate--the colors of which would really pop off a black base.

2.) Possibly syncing up a rich brassy gold (like that of the Vegas Golden Knights) with the current burgundy and light-ish blue of their in-town bretheren Avalanche and Rapids? Ehh, probably wouldn't look too good.....

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

9 hours ago, CS85 said:

I always felt like the Nuggets were a bit misguided about their identity.  The 90s look where it was so dark and bleak sucked.  They aged terribly, too.  The Carmelo-era blue was a step up, but they still don't own an identity.

GOLD.  YOUR IDENTITY IS "GOLD."  IT MUST BE THE FEATURED COLOR.  EVERYTHING ELSE MUST SERVE GOLD. 

YOU'RE WELCOME.  THAT WILL BE $25,000.

I agree about how terrible the 1993-2003 set was, but the Lakers own gold and the Warriors have a claim to it as well. I know the Nuggets are actually named after gold, but that wouldn't help them carve out a niche. Rainbow would do that nicely.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

32 minutes ago, A Hype said:

Those 90s nuggets jerseys ain’t too bad as we making it sound... I like the maroon and I love dark red so not so bad, of course Cleveland already has it so then I understand complaints...

They were pretty bad. Might as well have made them black and white. No color whatsoever. Just dark and dull for a team with so much potential. Not that bad, but the Nuggets could have done better with the 90s uniforms.

5 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

They were pretty bad. Might as well have made them black and white. No color whatsoever. Just dark and dull for a team with so much potential. Not that bad, but the Nuggets could have done better with the 90s uniforms.

The Eddie Bauer of NBA uniforms

danny-fortson-of-the-denver-nuggets-duri

I don't even like these all that much; it's just that they made a lasting impact the way basically nothing else has for the Nuggets (the only exception being the pickaxe):

gettyimages-476623400.jpg?w=540&h=800&qu

They do align with the NBA's social justice priorities, so there's that.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived