SportsLogos.Net News

Nuggets Evolved: Unveil New Logos, Colours, Uniforms

5 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

They were pretty bad. Might as well have made them black and white. No color whatsoever. Just dark and dull for a team with so much potential. Not that bad, but the Nuggets could have done better with the 90s uniforms.

The Eddie Bauer of NBA uniforms

danny-fortson-of-the-denver-nuggets-duri

I don't even like these all that much; it's just that they made a lasting impact the way basically nothing else has for the Nuggets (the only exception being the pickaxe):

gettyimages-476623400.jpg?w=540&h=800&qu

They do align with the NBA's social justice priorities, so there's that.

No everyone, this is the NBA of the 2010's. The Nuggets can have 8 different uniforms with 65 different colors.:mad:

Some form of blue and yellow was always the only constant.

Red was permanently eliminated for the first time, during the 2003-04 rebrand to double blue.

This is actually a return to their roots in a way. But they really need something to distinguish themselves from the Cavs.

If they bring back the rainbow city/mountain skyline on one or more jerseys, that could be a good way.

13 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Red was permanently eliminated for the first time

Sounds like a change has become increasingly inevitable.

12 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I don't even like these all that much; it's just that they made a lasting impact the way basically nothing else has for the Nuggets (the only exception being the pickaxe):

gettyimages-476623400.jpg?w=540&h=800&qu

They do align with the NBA's social justice priorities, so there's that.

:blink:

12 hours ago, DG_Now said:

The Eddie Bauer of NBA uniforms

danny-fortson-of-the-denver-nuggets-duri

That number font is better than anything they've had since. 

12 hours ago, the admiral said:

I agree about how terrible the 1993-2003 set was, but the Lakers own gold and the Warriors have a claim to it as well. I know the Nuggets are actually named after gold, but that wouldn't help them carve out a niche. Rainbow would do that nicely.

I've made a couple concepts in the past showing how the Nuggets could own gold without ripping off the Lakers:

gV8lMFG.png

TDmI8Sl.png

Yeah now looking at the 90s uniforms they pretty bad

5 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I've made a couple concepts in the past showing how the Nuggets could own gold without ripping off the Lakers:

gV8lMFG.png

TDmI8Sl.png

I'd sign off on that.  I'd personally replace the green/brown/fatigues-esque color with something leaning toward blue, but keeping it the same kind of hushed, desaturated style to be sure that the gold was served.

10 hours ago, Gothamite said:

:blink:

I was being tongue-in-cheek. If you've read any of my posts in the NBA thread, you'll know I'm a huge fan of the league and its outspoken support (especially compared to other leagues) of traditionally marginalized populations.

11 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I was being tongue-in-cheek. If you've read any of my posts in the NBA thread, you'll know I'm a huge fan of the league and its outspoken support (especially compared to other leagues) of traditionally marginalized populations.

Ah, it was a rainbow skyline/rainbow flag gag.  Sorry, I didn’t get the joke. 

Given how the use of the rainbow flag has exploded since 1993, it did cross my mind that the rainbow uniforms may not be viable for the Nuggets. I would hope that everyone can distinguish between the flag and the fact that rainbows look cool.

Even if they can't it's still a nice-looking uniform. And they'd be the first NBA team that could legitimately calm "all of them" as a team color.

Prime example of a team hitting a home run (2003) and than jogging around the bases and forgetting to touch first. I always liked the rainbow but 2003 should have been the identity of the 21st century for the Nuggets.I'll miss the baby blue too. This navy blue thing has to stop too. Not on topic but it really screwed Edmonton's jerseys up too.

New font all-but confirmed.

Logo unveiling will apparently be June 6. Assuming (hoping) jerseys debut as well.

On 5/22/2018 at 6:20 PM, the admiral said:

Given how the use of the rainbow flag has exploded since 1993, it did cross my mind that the rainbow uniforms may not be viable for the Nuggets. I would hope that everyone can distinguish between the flag and the fact that rainbows look cool.

Given that these new (old) colors are basically a variation on primary colors, I think they could do a stylized “rainbow” motif with just a red, yellow, and blue sequence instead of having all the colors. After all, they did “rainbow” with light blue, dark blue, and yellow.

On 5/22/2018 at 8:13 AM, Lights Out said:

I've made a couple concepts

gV8lMFG.png

👀

TeamLogo?seoId=vegas-golden-knights&width=620&height=620

2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Given that these new (old) colors are basically a variation on primary colors, I think they could do a stylized “rainbow” motif with just a red, yellow, and blue sequence instead of having all the colors. After all, they did “rainbow” with light blue, dark blue, and yellow.

The blue/yellow "rainbow" sucked. Primary colors only could work but I have a feeling you have to do it right or not at all.

I miss the Nuggets' shiny baby blue with medium blue and yellow. I thought that looked neat.

On 5/22/2018 at 7:13 AM, Lights Out said:

gV8lMFG.png

TDmI8Sl.png

Those are awesome concepts. I’d use the black in the top row or blue instead of gray, but these look much better than whatever the team will put out.