Nuggets Evolved: Unveil New Logos, Colours, Uniforms

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

So they’re going to jam a lighter blue into the design? That’ll be pretty busy. 

If they use red to a strict minimal like the Golden Knights, a 4-color scheme could work. If it's mainly double blue and yellow, it could be a winner.

Seeing that alternate logo which features double blue is the only thing that helps set them apart from the Cavs. We'll see if the uniforms stand out on their own, once they're unveiled.

Also, I don't like that they're using the Utah Jazz ball.

21 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Also, I don't like that they're using the Utah Jazz ball.

Not quite the same. Utah's ball is 90 degrees rotated from Denver's.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Desx5CpUcAAC50p.jpg

So they've incorporated the skyline logo, which I do approve.

Not huge on the royal blue, also not sure what's going on with the star/strike underneath the skyline. Feels forced.

6uXNWAo.png

2 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Maybe it's the silhouette of the mountain and Palmer Lake Star? Agreed that it's forced, though.

palmer-lake-star.png

(now you know why I mentioned that before ;))

Nobody in Denver knows Palmer lake !!!!

6uXNWAo.png

On 6/2/2018 at 6:47 PM, Conrad. said:

Maybe it's the silhouette of the mountain and Palmer Lake Star? Agreed that it's forced, though.

palmer-lake-star.png

(now you know why I mentioned that before ;))

That was stupid enough stuck on the roundel.   

But in a skyline logo?  Of a city located nowhere near that?  We’re reaching profound levels of stupidity. 

8 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

But in a skyline logo?  Of a city located nowhere near that?  We’re reaching profound levels of stupidity. 

But it's funky, it's hip, it's forward thinking.

It's exactly what you said, STUPID.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

27 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

13 minutes ago, tigers said:

But it's funky, it's hip, it's forward thinking.

It's exactly what you said, STUPID.

For what it’s worth, there’s also a light-up mountain star in Boulder.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

24 minutes ago, TalktoChuck said:

Flagstaff Mountain is still nowhere near Denver.

It’s close enough to be considered a fringe part of the greater Denver area (kind of like Akron/Canton is to Cleveland), plus it’s a city of 100,000+ and probably the most well-known city in the immediate region not named Denver. Boulder was also a supply town for miners in the mid-1800s, so the connection to the Nuggets name further reinforces it as a good play in this situation. Makes a heck of a lot more sense than Palmer Lake.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

54 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

It’s close enough to be considered a fringe part of the greater Denver area (kind of like Akron/Canton is to Cleveland), plus it’s a city of 100,000+ and probably the most well-known city in the immediate region not named Denver. Boulder was also a supply town for miners in the mid-1800s, so the connection to the Nuggets name further reinforces it as a good play in this situation. Makes a heck of a lot more sense than Palmer Lake.

It definitely makes more sense, but it is still a bit of a stretch. I don’t mind the star on either of the logos, but just leave it as a star. There’s no need to force some kind of half-hearted reasoning behind it.

jNTsTyQ.png

On 6/2/2018 at 2:28 PM, Cujo said:

Desx5CpUcAAC50p.jpg

Wow, that is just laughably bad.  Its like 4 different logos mashed together without any cohesion what-so-ever.  Adding a lighter blue to this logo and not the primary mark was a particularly bone-headed decision.

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

For what it’s worth, there’s also a light-up mountain star in Boulder.

There is no SUPER-DUPER WORLD FAMOUS STAR located in Denver. Not one.

News flash: Not every minute detail in every logo has to have a hidden meaning.

6uXNWAo.png

13 minutes ago, Cujo said:

There is no SUPER-DUPER WORLD FAMOUS STAR located in Denver. Not one.

News flash: Not every minute detail in every logo has to have a hidden meaning.

? What’s hidden about it? There’s a star on the side of a mountain there for some reason and people are simply trying to figure out what that reason is and how it’s related to the Denver region and/or the Nuggets. It’s not there just because...

11 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

It’s not there just because...

It's a meaningless star / axe strike / shiny object -- whatever you wanna call it, it's just filler.

6uXNWAo.png

45 minutes ago, Cujo said:

It's a meaningless star / axe strike / shiny object -- whatever you wanna call it, it's just filler.

I agree with you, both of those stars would be a huge reach. But... I really think the team is going to claim something stupid about it. 

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

1 minute ago, JTernup said:

I agree with you, both of those stars would be a huge reach. But... I really think the team is going to claim something stupid about it. 

Either way, nothing could be worse than the Milwaukee Bucks forcing blue into their motif -- "Hay u guyz, it reminds us all we live near a lake derp!"

6uXNWAo.png

Archived