SportsLogos.Net News

Nuggets Evolved: Unveil New Logos, Colours, Uniforms

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Conrad. said:

 

 

That alternate logo is pretty bad.

 

Nuggets can never seem to get it quite right. Seems like if you showed the Nuggets' execs 80 concepts, all 80 would get rated 10/10..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So they’re going to jam a lighter blue into the design? That’ll be pretty busy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

So they’re going to jam a lighter blue into the design? That’ll be pretty busy. 

 

If they use red to a strict minimal like the Golden Knights, a 4-color scheme could work. If it's mainly double blue and yellow, it could be a winner.

 

Seeing that alternate logo which features double blue is the only thing that helps set them apart from the Cavs. We'll see if the uniforms stand out on their own, once they're unveiled.

 

Also, I don't like that they're using the Utah Jazz ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

 

Also, I don't like that they're using the Utah Jazz ball.

 

Not quite the same. Utah's ball is 90 degrees rotated from Denver's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Desx5CpUcAAC50p.jpg

 

So they've incorporated the skyline logo, which I do approve.

 

Not huge on the royal blue, also not sure what's going on with the star/strike underneath the skyline. Feels forced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cujo said:

...also not sure what's going on with the star/strike underneath the skyline. Feels forced.

Maybe it's the silhouette of the mountain and Palmer Lake Star? Agreed that it's forced, though.

 

palmer-lake-star.png

 

(now you know why I mentioned that before ;))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Maybe it's the silhouette of the mountain and Palmer Lake Star? Agreed that it's forced, though.

 

palmer-lake-star.png

 

(now you know why I mentioned that before ;))

 

Nobody in Denver knows Palmer lake !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2018 at 6:47 PM, Conrad. said:

Maybe it's the silhouette of the mountain and Palmer Lake Star? Agreed that it's forced, though.

 

palmer-lake-star.png

 

(now you know why I mentioned that before ;))

 

That was stupid enough stuck on the roundel.   

 

But in a skyline logo?  Of a city located nowhere near that?  We’re reaching profound levels of stupidity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

 

That was stupid enough stuck on the roundel.   

 

But in a skyline logo?  Of a city located nowhere near that?  We’re reaching profound levels of stupidity. 

 

But it's funky, it's hip, it's forward thinking.

 

It's exactly what you said, STUPID.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

 

That was stupid enough stuck on the roundel.   

 

But in a skyline logo?  Of a city located nowhere near that?  We’re reaching profound levels of stupidity. 

 

13 minutes ago, tigers said:

 

But it's funky, it's hip, it's forward thinking.

 

It's exactly what you said, STUPID.

 

For what it’s worth, there’s also a light-up mountain star in Boulder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

 

 

For what it’s worth, there’s also a light-up mountain star in Boulder.

 

Flagstaff Mountain is still nowhere near Denver.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TalktoChuck said:

 

Flagstaff Mountain is still nowhere near Denver.
 

 

 

It’s close enough to be considered a fringe part of the greater Denver area (kind of like Akron/Canton is to Cleveland), plus it’s a city of 100,000+ and probably the most well-known city in the immediate region not named Denver. Boulder was also a supply town for miners in the mid-1800s, so the connection to the Nuggets name further reinforces it as a good play in this situation. Makes a heck of a lot more sense than Palmer Lake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

 

It’s close enough to be considered a fringe part of the greater Denver area (kind of like Akron/Canton is to Cleveland), plus it’s a city of 100,000+ and probably the most well-known city in the immediate region not named Denver. Boulder was also a supply town for miners in the mid-1800s, so the connection to the Nuggets name further reinforces it as a good play in this situation. Makes a heck of a lot more sense than Palmer Lake.

 

It definitely makes more sense, but it is still a bit of a stretch. I don’t mind the star on either of the logos, but just leave it as a star. There’s no need to force some kind of half-hearted reasoning behind it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2018 at 2:28 PM, Cujo said:

Desx5CpUcAAC50p.jpg

 

Wow, that is just laughably bad.  Its like 4 different logos mashed together without any cohesion what-so-ever.  Adding a lighter blue to this logo and not the primary mark was a particularly bone-headed decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

For what it’s worth, there’s also a light-up mountain star in Boulder.

 

There is no SUPER-DUPER WORLD FAMOUS STAR located in Denver. Not one.

 

News flash: Not every minute detail in every logo has to have a hidden meaning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A wizard, a true super-duper world-famous star

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cujo said:

 

There is no SUPER-DUPER WORLD FAMOUS STAR located in Denver. Not one.

 

News flash: Not every minute detail in every logo has to have a hidden meaning.

 

🤔 What’s hidden about it? There’s a star on the side of a mountain there for some reason and people are simply trying to figure out what that reason is and how it’s related to the Denver region and/or the Nuggets. It’s not there just because...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

It’s not there just because...

 

It's a meaningless star / axe strike / shiny object -- whatever you wanna call it, it's just filler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Cujo said:

 

It's a meaningless star / axe strike / shiny object -- whatever you wanna call it, it's just filler.

I agree with you, both of those stars would be a huge reach. But... I really think the team is going to claim something stupid about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JTernup said:

I agree with you, both of those stars would be a huge reach. But... I really think the team is going to claim something stupid about it. 

 

Either way, nothing could be worse than the Milwaukee Bucks forcing blue into their motif -- "Hay u guyz, it reminds us all we live near a lake derp!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now