Nuggets Evolved: Unveil New Logos, Colours, Uniforms

Untitled.png

I really like the new logo and old color scheme. The skyline logo is actually sharp imo, and the lighter blue could work if it's used as a highlight color like the green in the Canuck's scheme. The draft hat looks sharp as f*** too, with the pins and patches. I don't even like basketball and I may end up getting one.

However, the whole Palmer Lake thing is stupid. I've lived in Colorado my whole life and I've never heard of the place. They could've squeezed the 'C' from the Colorado flag into that spot if they were that desperate for something to fill the gap. Or maybe a small mountain silhouette. Either way, they could do better.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Cujo said:

It's a meaningless star / axe strike / shiny object -- whatever you wanna call it, it's just filler.

Even though your “I can’t explain why I know; I just do” evidence is very thorough and convincing ?, I’m still skeptical of your viewpoint because, while the circle of a roundel may a common place for filler ornaments, the side of an illustrated hill/mountain is not a place one would put filler ornaments.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

8 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

It’s close enough to be considered a fringe part of the greater Denver area (kind of like Akron/Canton is to Cleveland), plus it’s a city of 100,000+ and probably the most well-known city in the immediate region not named Denver. Boulder was also a supply town for miners in the mid-1800s, so the connection to the Nuggets name further reinforces it as a good play in this situation. Makes a heck of a lot more sense than Palmer Lake.

The Nuggets are also the only team in Colorado so it's not outrageous for them to include details from the entire state.

On 6/2/2018 at 4:28 PM, Cujo said:

Desx5CpUcAAC50p.jpg

Story time:

Meeting discussing new logos:

Designer-"So what should our alternate be?" And remember, it has to include a basketball too."

Person 1-"Let's have the Denver skyline for the logo."

Designer-"Okay. Anything else?"

Person 2-"Let's have mountains since Denver is called the mile high city for the logo."

Designer-"Okay okay. But I still feel it needs something else."

Person 3-"Let's include the star that no one knows and put the skyline and the mountains on the logo."

Designer-"PERSON 3 YOU'RE A GENIUS!!! We'll do that!!!"

... And that kids is how this logo was made.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

2 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

Story time:

Meeting discussing new logos:

Designer-"So what should our alternate be?" And remember, it has to include a basketball too."

Person 1-"Let's have the Denver skyline for the logo."

Designer-"Okay. Anything else?"

Person 2-"Let's have mountains since Denver is called the mile high city for the logo."

Designer-"Okay okay. But I still feel it needs something else."

Person 3-"Let's include the star that no one knows and put the skyline and the mountains on the logo."

Designer-"PERSON 3 YOU'RE A GENIUS!!! We'll do that!!!"

... And that kids is how this logo was made.

Someone definitely delved deep into google search to find that lake. I tried searching Denver or Colorado landmarks and no stars to be found. 

On 6/1/2018 at 8:35 PM, Conrad. said:

The honeycomb DEN logo is garbage.

The skyline logo is overcooked.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

"overcooked"

Sidenote: I love this term and will be using it more often in design critiques. 

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

The honeycomb DEN logo is garbage.

The skyline logo is overcooked.

Fwiw, the hexagon logo is just a patch for all the draft hats. It won't be a logo for the Nuggets (or any other team). Only the logo from the front of the hat and the skyline logo will be part of the official set of logos.

1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

Fwiw, the hexagon logo is just a patch for all the draft hats. It won't be a logo for the Nuggets (or any other team). Only the logo from the front of the hat and the skyline logo will be part of the official set of logos.

Ahhh.

In that case, the universal draft hat logo template is garbage.

My second point still stands.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

To be fair to the skyline alt logo, the mountains are a part of the Denver skyline. It would feel weird without them, and apart from the cash register building (on the far left, I think, but this isn't the right angle for it) the Denver skyline isn't that recognizable, imo. The logo is definitely overcrowded, and the extra mountain in front with a star is unnecessary. It's just that if you're going to do the Denver skyline, you're also going to include the mountains behind it. 

denver-co.jpg

25 minutes ago, tyst13 said:

To be fair to the skyline alt logo, the mountains are a part of the Denver skyline. It would feel weird without them, and apart from the cash register building (on the far left, I think, but this isn't the right angle for it) the Denver skyline isn't that recognizable, imo. The logo is definitely overcrowded, and the extra mountain in front with a star is unnecessary. It's just that if you're going to do the Denver skyline, you're also going to include the mountains behind it. 

denver-co.jpg

No one is bashing the mountains behind the skyline. Like you said, you need those in order for people not to mistake it for a different skyline.

It’s the mountain/hill in front of the skyline that people are objecting to. Not only is it cluttered and unnecessary, but regardless what mountainside star it is trying to represent, its geographically incorrect. And neither is close enough to Denver for it to warrant inclusion.

jNTsTyQ.png

4 hours ago, tyst13 said:

denver-co.jpg

I get the Nuggs are trying to replicate the 80s rainbow skyline logo with the alt (featured on the back of the draft hat). Just not fan of royal blue being thrown in outta nowhere. I'm sure there's a way they could've designed it with using just navy/red/yellow/white. Four colors, that should've been enough. That's a "fail" in my book.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived