2018 FIFA World Cup

crashcarson15

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the groups, Group D looks like (on paper, anyway) to be the best group.

Argentina is probably going to win the group, but you can easily make a case for the other three teams to take second place.

I am so hyped for this tournament. The last World Cup came at a time when I was just beginning in my soccer fandom, so to be able to experience one now when I’m a full-fledged soccer nut is awesome! 

As @Kaz said, the fact that the Caps just won the Cup shows nothing is impossible. Maybe we’ll get to see Harry Kane raise the World Cup in a month? 

Lol that ain’t happening. I’d be willing to put down a significant amount of money on that. 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Magnus said:

Go England! (I know, but I can't help it...)

I say "go, England!" also.

But they are in the group with the team that I think is going to emerge as the super team of the tournament: Belgium.  Luckily the other two teams in their group, Panama and Tunisia, won't present much of a challenge; so England are likely to get out of the group.

P.S. - I don't care how much of a disappointment the England fans think the Golden Generation was; I loved that group. Lampard, Terry, Joe Cole (the player with the prettiest game I have ever seen), Beckham, Gerrard, David James.  Also, England games were the only chance that I had to root for the Man United goons Rooney, Neville, and my namesake Rio Ferdinand (who turned out to be a bum, but I didn't know that then; all I knew then was that he spit disgustingly when he talked). By comparison, the current England team is kind of devoid of interesting characters, with the exception of Harry Kane.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

6 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

But they are in the group with the team that I think is going to emerge as the super team of the tournament: Belgium.

Yeah, but Roberto Martinez is Belgium's manager, so they'll get to a key game and then concede five goals.

6fQjS3M.png

Are people still excited about Iceland? Poland?

I think Germany wins again. My personal favored team is Panama.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

England are going to win the grand sum of nowt. However, I dug my Italia 90 England shirt out of the cupboard yesterday so at least I'll look ace whilst we get shown up.

If Germany wins again, they’ll look mighty fine doing it. Their home/away kit combo is the best at the WC imo. 

I think France is going to seriously underperform. They’ve got an incredible team on paper, but it seems like they have a penchant for choking in big games. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, goalieboy82 said:

If Germany plays Russia (would be in the Semi Finals or Final) that would be a fun game to watch.  

Russia won't get out of the group stage without help. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Their group is pretty bad though, aside from Uruguay (who shouldn’t drop a point to be honest).

They could make it out. Egypt, Russia and Saudi Arabia are pretty meh teams. I don’t think they will, but you never know. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

7 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Their group is pretty bad though, aside from Uruguay (who shouldn’t drop a point to be honest).

They could make it out. Egypt, Russia and Saudi Arabia are pretty meh teams. I don’t think they will, but you never know. 

If Salah isn't healthy enough to make it, then I think Russia actually has a pretty solid chance at advancing.

My Predictions to advance to the knock-out round...

Group A:  Russia, Uruguay

Group B:  Spain, Portugal

Group C:  France, Peru

Group D:  Argentina, Nigeria

Group E:  Brazil, Costa Rica

Group F:  Germany, Mexico

Group G:  England, and in what I suspect is an upset, Tunisia

Group H:  Colombia and Senegal

My knowledge of international team soccer?  Absolutely zero.  So these predictions definitely fall into the "read, but don't bet" category.

nav-logo.png

Archived