crashcarson15

2018 FIFA World Cup

10 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

4DB174DB00000578-5892757-image-a-34_1530

Sooooo . . . . What happens when Neymar botches everything and loses to Mexico?

Germany will be bounce back, It's rare no show. Let's comeback strong for Euros 2020

Nothing can arise from nothing unless it's something.

The way Denmark played against Australia I can't see them beating Croatia.

Germany deserved the exit for wearing this.

(Yea, they're the one's in green.)

9917480-3x2-700x467.jpg

12 minutes ago, Cujo said:

9917480-3x2-700x467.jpg

Those Dummkopfs

10 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

4DB174DB00000578-5892757-image-a-34_1530

Please note that we really dislike Fox Sports around here. They were really praising Germany before the game.

And thank god there was no instant karma and we got to beat Serbia... Sixth star on the way

One of the Finnish news sites I go to daily had a big headline that said basically "F*** Sweden" Not even in the tournament and still hating on a team that is.

An Austrian website talked about how Germany has already proven they can't win in winter in Russia, now they've shown they can't win in summer either.

Two teams not in the World Cup (Finland and Austria) still talking smack about their rivals who did make it.

7 hours ago, Cujo said:

And? Green is Germany's traditional change shirt color.

Well, so much for Germany... here they are looking good after beating Sweden, only to flop like an Adam Sandler movie against South Korea.

It opens the door for the teams left in the Round of 16.

1 hour ago, crashcarson15 said:

And? Green is Germany's traditional change shirt color.

And this year’s change kit in particular looked excellent. From a purely uniform standpoint it’s a shame they’re out so early. 

1 hour ago, Seadragon76 said:

Well, so much for Germany... here they are looking good after beating Sweden, only to flop like an Adam Sandler movie against South Korea.

It opens the door for the teams left in the Round of 16.

Now THAT’S an analogy I can get behind. 

Wow....that's the crappy kind of VAR use. The one where you nit-pick what looks like obvious plays. That should have been a PK for Senegal.

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Wow....that's the crappy kind of VAR use. The one where you nit-pick what looks like obvious plays. That should have been a PK for Senegal.

I think it's important to remember that VAR isn't deciding anything -- it's the same referee that made the first decision getting a second or third look to make a more confident decision. It's his opinion that, given what he's seen, it's not a penalty.

I'm in favor of referees being awarded as many views as possible when making these decisions.

What VAR has really called out, though, is how much of this sport is refereed in an inconsistent manner because so many laws/rules are subjective. What one referee thinks is a penalty might not be what another referee thinks -- yet the idea of video replay suggests we'll get clear-cut, definitive decisions.

3osUxh9.jpg

England or Belgium, whatever, right side is way easier. Lucky Spain 🤷‍♂️

13 minutes ago, OlavoP said:

3osUxh9.jpg

England or Belgium, whatever, right side is way easier. Lucky Spain 🤷‍♂️

If I’m not mistaken, since Colombia won their group, it’s the second place finisher of England and Belgium that gets to the right side of the bracket, correct? Which will be interesting since they currently have the same amount of points and goal difference. 

16 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

If I’m not mistaken, since Colombia won their group, it’s the second place finisher of England and Belgium that gets to the right side of the bracket, correct? Which will be interesting since they currently have the same amount of points and goal difference. 

You are right. Also, fun fact: Only possible final matchup that has happened before is Brazil - Sweden. We will probably see a final that has never occurred

Cool. Also, apparently Japan went through to the knockouts because they had less yellow cards than Senegal. That’s kind of interesting, but my god what a gut-wrenching way to get knocked out of the World Cup. 

13 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Cool. Also, apparently Japan went through to the knockouts because they had less yellow cards than Senegal. That’s kind of interesting, but my god what a gut-wrenching way to get knocked out of the World Cup. 

True on all accounts. It came down to the 6th tie breaker which is the fair play rule. Team with less yellow & red cards advances.

I tend to say the final will be Portugal against Croatia / Belgium / England. I hope so at least.

I almost recorded today's England match. Then figured it'd be boring but I could watch from work at least. Then someone flipped the breakers!