2018 FIFA World Cup

crashcarson15

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the Finnish news sites I go to daily had a big headline that said basically "F*** Sweden" Not even in the tournament and still hating on a team that is.

An Austrian website talked about how Germany has already proven they can't win in winter in Russia, now they've shown they can't win in summer either.

Two teams not in the World Cup (Finland and Austria) still talking smack about their rivals who did make it.

Well, so much for Germany... here they are looking good after beating Sweden, only to flop like an Adam Sandler movie against South Korea.

It opens the door for the teams left in the Round of 16.

1 hour ago, crashcarson15 said:

And? Green is Germany's traditional change shirt color.

And this year’s change kit in particular looked excellent. From a purely uniform standpoint it’s a shame they’re out so early. 

1 hour ago, Seadragon76 said:

Well, so much for Germany... here they are looking good after beating Sweden, only to flop like an Adam Sandler movie against South Korea.

It opens the door for the teams left in the Round of 16.

Now THAT’S an analogy I can get behind. 

spacer.png

Wow....that's the crappy kind of VAR use. The one where you nit-pick what looks like obvious plays. That should have been a PK for Senegal.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Wow....that's the crappy kind of VAR use. The one where you nit-pick what looks like obvious plays. That should have been a PK for Senegal.

I think it's important to remember that VAR isn't deciding anything -- it's the same referee that made the first decision getting a second or third look to make a more confident decision. It's his opinion that, given what he's seen, it's not a penalty.

I'm in favor of referees being awarded as many views as possible when making these decisions.

What VAR has really called out, though, is how much of this sport is refereed in an inconsistent manner because so many laws/rules are subjective. What one referee thinks is a penalty might not be what another referee thinks -- yet the idea of video replay suggests we'll get clear-cut, definitive decisions.

6fQjS3M.png

13 minutes ago, OlavoP said:

3osUxh9.jpg

England or Belgium, whatever, right side is way easier. Lucky Spain ?‍♂️

If I’m not mistaken, since Colombia won their group, it’s the second place finisher of England and Belgium that gets to the right side of the bracket, correct? Which will be interesting since they currently have the same amount of points and goal difference. 

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

If I’m not mistaken, since Colombia won their group, it’s the second place finisher of England and Belgium that gets to the right side of the bracket, correct? Which will be interesting since they currently have the same amount of points and goal difference. 

You are right. Also, fun fact: Only possible final matchup that has happened before is Brazil - Sweden. We will probably see a final that has never occurred

Cool. Also, apparently Japan went through to the knockouts because they had less yellow cards than Senegal. That’s kind of interesting, but my god what a gut-wrenching way to get knocked out of the World Cup. 

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Cool. Also, apparently Japan went through to the knockouts because they had less yellow cards than Senegal. That’s kind of interesting, but my god what a gut-wrenching way to get knocked out of the World Cup. 

True on all accounts. It came down to the 6th tie breaker which is the fair play rule. Team with less yellow & red cards advances.

Archived