2018 FIFA World Cup

crashcarson15

When you have Gonzalo Higuaín, Sergio Aguero, and Paulo Dybala at your disposal, and you leave all three on the bench for the biggest game of the year, you deserve to get knocked out. I’m a huge Messi fan and was rooting for Argentina but Sampaoli looked like he had no idea what he was doing. 

spacer.png

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

When you have Gonzalo Higuaín, Sergio Aguero, and Paulo Dybala at your disposal, and you leave all three on the bench for the biggest game of the year, you deserve to get knocked out.

With an honourable mention to Mauro Icardi, who despite finishing joint top scorer in Serie A didn't warrant a place in the Argentina squad.

14 minutes ago, nickp91 said:

Ronaldo and Messi will go down in history as the two greatest players of all time who never get to win the World cup

Are you forgetting Zlatan? Hahahahaha!!!! The fact that Harry Kane could score as many goals in a World Cup this year as Messi has in 3 shows that as great a player as he is he could never replicate league form in the World Cup. The fact he was given player of the tournament in 2014 was an embarrassment when Higuain was the one winning them games up until the final.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

When you have Gonzalo Higuaín, Sergio Aguero, and Paulo Dybala at your disposal, and you leave all three on the bench for the biggest game of the year, you deserve to get knocked out. I’m a huge Messi fan and was rooting for Argentina but Sampaoli looked like he had no idea what he was doing. 

Sounds like the equivalent of if Trotz had benched Ovechkin/Backstrom/Kuznetsov.

1 hour ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Now if only we can get Suarez and Uruguay out of here.

MOD EDIT We don't need get anyone out of here. The World Cup happens once every four years. Three of the the prior final four teams are already gone. MOD EDIT

Please, let's keep discussion focused on the FIFA World Cup, rather than critiquing how other members of the CCSLC choose to discuss the tournament. Thank you.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

43 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Wait I don’t get this. What? Uruguay literally hasn’t won a World Cup since Harry Truman was president, why do they need to get out of here?

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, nickp91 said:

Ronaldo and Messi will go down in history as the two greatest players of all time who never get to win the World cup

Well then. That's settled... apparently.

I'm not sure if Cryuff, Puskas, Platini, Eusebio, Best, Raúl, Kahn, van Basten (or their families) to work consider your post as a compliment or not.

1 hour ago, SabresRule7361 said:

I can understand the hate for Suarez after his antics the last two World Cups, but that team has played the best defense of any squad in the competition and should be lauded instead of vilified. And to be honest if you were fighting for a place in the semi-finals, wouldn't you take a handball over an open net goal? I would. And the only reason people hated him for that was that an African team would have most likely made the finals if Ghana had one.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, nickp91 said:

lol. I can name from the top of my head one european and one south american better than both of them who didn't win with even better teammates. Cruijff (IMO the actual best european player of all time) and Zico.

Archived