crashcarson15

2018 FIFA World Cup

Recommended Posts

I'm pretty happy with that being the first World Cup game I've gotten to see this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spain should have won that. 

 

First penalty was incredibly soft, De Gea channeled his inner Robbie Green/Loris Karius as he fumbled away that second one too. That FK was a damn beauty though. I hate Ronaldo, but he’s great and especially great at punishing others for their mistakes. As usual, Portugal were outplayed but they managed to scrap out a point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Portugal controlled the play just enough that that felt like a fair result, even with the soft goals. Ronaldo, though. My goodness. Not to mention those beautiful shots from Costa and Nacho (Nacho!!). Fantastic match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Have to say that, given the shock of Lopetegui's sacking just two days before a game against their historic rivals in a World Cup opener Spain were just outstanding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me following Spain-Portugal

 

randy-marsh-cum.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Video reviews for judgment calls are the worst. For all the whining, it’s amazing to think that the NFL and college football have the best video review system.

 

EDIT: Obviously France didn't like it either. It's the only explanation for putting your hand in the air like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

Video reviews for judgment calls are the worst. For all the whining, it’s amazing to think that the NFL and college football have the best video review system.

 

EDIT: Obviously France didn't like it either. It's the only explanation for putting your hand in the air like that. 

It's the right call though which is what we should want. The second foot coming down catches the back of the foot.

 

Still the worst call is Volkswagen reminding people every break that "America" didn't make the tournament. It surely won't get old whatsoever. 😒 Think they're showing those in Italy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's the right call though which is what we should want. The second foot coming down catches the back of the foot.

 

Still the worst call is Volkswagen reminding people every break that "America" didn't make the tournament. It surely won't get old whatsoever. 😒 Think they're showing those in Italy?

It was the right call, but we’ve already seen so many calls that were questionable at best being made with VAR in MLS. I have no problem with reviews for offside (generally), or whether the ball crossed a line, and even handballs, but judgment call fouls like that I’m not a fan of reviewing in any sport. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

It was the right call, but we’ve already seen so many calls that were questionable at best being made with VAR in MLS. I have no problem with reviews for offside (generally), or whether the ball crossed a line, and even handballs, but judgment call fouls like that I’m not a fan of reviewing in any sport. 

I think the only reason it's used is the clear goal scoring opportunity. If it were outsidethe box they'd probably let play continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Australia played really well.

 

 

France needs to figure out they're at the World Cup, and start playing like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, Messi. I think the 2014 World Cup broke him in international competition. The 2015 and 16 Copa Americas didn't help.

 

That was bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was brutal. Feels like Messi is trying to do too much; there is obviously the talent but they don't play well as a unit at all. And that penalty attempt was nightmarish.

 

But not to take anything away from Iceland! Imagine if the USMNT ever managed to hold a gameplan like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminiscent of the headlines after the US-England game in 2010. 

 

But seriously, great for Iceland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, insert name said:

Did the FOX commentator say "Iceland beats Argentina 1-1"? 

 

Yes. It was clever. I'm sorry you didn't understand the subtext.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it me or is the announcer for the Peru-Denmark match is trying WAY too hard at being excited?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Messi is going to have to drag this team kicking and screaming if they want to get anywhere. He has so much talent around him on paper - Aguero, Higuain, Di Maria, Banega, the list goes on and on. And yet he has to carry this team LeBron-style if they want to get anywhere. What a waste. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Is it me or is the announcer for the Peru-Denmark match is trying WAY too hard at being excited?

Jorge Perez-Navarro has been pretty great since he's critical of the players.

 

"It was a big opportunity for to become a soccer God and and he missed it! You've got to be kidding me!"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now