2018 FIFA World Cup

crashcarson15

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spain should have won that. 

First penalty was incredibly soft, De Gea channeled his inner Robbie Green/Loris Karius as he fumbled away that second one too. That FK was a damn beauty though. I hate Ronaldo, but he’s great and especially great at punishing others for their mistakes. As usual, Portugal were outplayed but they managed to scrap out a point. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Portugal controlled the play just enough that that felt like a fair result, even with the soft goals. Ronaldo, though. My goodness. Not to mention those beautiful shots from Costa and Nacho (Nacho!!). Fantastic match.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Video reviews for judgment calls are the worst. For all the whining, it’s amazing to think that the NFL and college football have the best video review system.

EDIT: Obviously France didn't like it either. It's the only explanation for putting your hand in the air like that. 

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

Video reviews for judgment calls are the worst. For all the whining, it’s amazing to think that the NFL and college football have the best video review system.

EDIT: Obviously France didn't like it either. It's the only explanation for putting your hand in the air like that. 

It's the right call though which is what we should want. The second foot coming down catches the back of the foot.

Still the worst call is Volkswagen reminding people every break that "America" didn't make the tournament. It surely won't get old whatsoever. ? Think they're showing those in Italy?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

22 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's the right call though which is what we should want. The second foot coming down catches the back of the foot.

Still the worst call is Volkswagen reminding people every break that "America" didn't make the tournament. It surely won't get old whatsoever. ? Think they're showing those in Italy?

It was the right call, but we’ve already seen so many calls that were questionable at best being made with VAR in MLS. I have no problem with reviews for offside (generally), or whether the ball crossed a line, and even handballs, but judgment call fouls like that I’m not a fan of reviewing in any sport. 

20 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

It was the right call, but we’ve already seen so many calls that were questionable at best being made with VAR in MLS. I have no problem with reviews for offside (generally), or whether the ball crossed a line, and even handballs, but judgment call fouls like that I’m not a fan of reviewing in any sport. 

I think the only reason it's used is the clear goal scoring opportunity. If it were outsidethe box they'd probably let play continue.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Oh, Messi. I think the 2014 World Cup broke him in international competition. The 2015 and 16 Copa Americas didn't help.

That was bad.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

That was brutal. Feels like Messi is trying to do too much; there is obviously the talent but they don't play well as a unit at all. And that penalty attempt was nightmarish.

But not to take anything away from Iceland! Imagine if the USMNT ever managed to hold a gameplan like that.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

18 minutes ago, insert name said:

Did the FOX commentator say "Iceland beats Argentina 1-1"? 

Yes. It was clever. I'm sorry you didn't understand the subtext.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Messi is going to have to drag this team kicking and screaming if they want to get anywhere. He has so much talent around him on paper - Aguero, Higuain, Di Maria, Banega, the list goes on and on. And yet he has to carry this team LeBron-style if they want to get anywhere. What a waste. 

spacer.png

43 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Is it me or is the announcer for the Peru-Denmark match is trying WAY too hard at being excited?

Jorge Perez-Navarro has been pretty great since he's critical of the players.

"It was a big opportunity for to become a soccer God and and he missed it! You've got to be kidding me!"

Archived