Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorBigShots

Team Cycling Association TCA

In January 2018 a man named Thomas Kazinsky invented a sport called "Team Cycling". The races consist of 10 riders each on different teams racing around very small tracks in the shape of Ovals, Circles, and other rounded shapes. Teams score points by winning races. Races consist of 34-45 laps. There are 3-5 races per day and points carry over. Points are given in the amount of riders in a race. first place gets 10 points and so on til last who gets 1 point. Points carry over throughout a day and are added up to season points with the amount of points in a being divided in half and added to season points. Every team has a maximum roster of 6 riders with 3 being allowed activation per race. Teams can change riders during pit stops. When a rider crashes the race goes under caution with each team going to the pits while the rider is being checked on. If a rider is injured the team is allowed to activate a 4th rider. Each rider must keep in one set gear per race until the last lap where they can change gear to gain speed. Teams can be assessed penalties if a rider illegally changes their gear higher. Penalties involve a rider being in the pits for a set amount of time based on how long they were in an illegal gear. If a rider picks up 3 penalties in a race or 9 in a day they ejected and the team is NOT allowed to activate a 4th rider. During pit stops riders are allowed fix their bike in these ways: they can fix chains, blow up tires, adjust gears, ETC. An official must watch the fixes and if they suspect illegal fixes they can check the bike at the end of the race and if it is illegally edited penalties can be assessed. Teams can only use 1 bike per day unless a bike is damaged. If a bike is too damaged to continue teams can be docked for the rest of the race and will be given 5 compensations points. The league will field 10 teams for the first year

TEAMS

Target Cycling Club: Established in Minneapolis, uses red jerseys and bike, abbreviation TRC

Denver Cycling: Established in Denver, uses black jerseys and bike, abbreviation DEN

Vice Biking Team: established in Miami, uses pink jerseys and bike, abbreviation VBT

Tesla Biking: established in Los Angeles, uses white jerseys and bike, abbreviation TES

Liberty Athletic: established in New York, uses green jerseys and bike, abbreviation LIB

LA Spokes: established in Los Angeles, uses gold jerseys and bike, abbreviation LA

Nike Cycling: uses black jerseys and bike, abbreviation NKE

Vegas Cycling Club: established in Las Vegas, uses black jerseys and bike, abbreviation VCC

VooDoo Biking: established in New Orleans, uses purple jerseys and purple bike, abbreviation VD

Under Armour Cycling Team: established in Baltimore, uses black jerseys and purple bike, abbreviation UA

The league logo uses minimalistic style

image.png

NOTE: even though this is similar to JMurr's international velo association I did not even take inspiration from it as I developed this idea a few months back

June 17th 2018: Thomas Kazinsky announces via his Twitter account that the league original 10 draft starts on September 20th 2018 with the first and second rounds of the 10 round draft.

June 18th 2018: Kazinsky releases a document explaining the draft in more detail, the document is like this: All 10 teams will draft from an 80 player pool of 10 rounds. The reason for the extra 4 rounds is to strengthen team rosters. The other 20 players left will be dropped into the inaugural free agent pool with free agency beginning the first day of the season. The draft is randomly seeded with each team having equal odds. The draft will flip each round so if team A picks 1st in round one they pick last in round 2. Good luck to every team!

July 1st 2018: Kazinsky states that the draft pool has about 67 players and that the league is searching for more

July 18th 2018: Kazinsky says via Twitter that the lottery will be on September 18th

August 21st 2018: Kazinsky announces the league will start on January 1st 2019 with a test day at Denver Cycling Center and that 3 other test days will occur throughout the month in: Minneapolis, Montreal, San Francisco, and Boston. The league regular season starts on February 5th 2019 in Kansas City the season will continue with a day every week until the end of the 20 day season (day in this case refers to the weekly event)

September 18th 2018: Draft Lottery Results

1. VooDoo Biking

2. Target Cycling Club

3. Liberty Athletic

4. Denver Cycling

5. Tesla Biking

6. LA Spokes

7. Nike Cycling

8. Vice Biking Team

9. Vegas Cycling Club

10. Under Armour Cycling Team

Fans packed into watch parties across the nation. VooDoo fans rejoiced when the news was heard they had acquired the first pick. The first trade in league history accured after the lottery event when Nike Cycling traded up to the 4 spot with Denver receiving future considerations. The league quickly made rules on future considerations. The league announced that future considerations can't be objects but can be money, players, draft picks, and spoken deals (I.E. Telling a team not to sign a certain player). The league can intervene in a trade unless the team receiving the future considerations confirm they are ok with the trade. The league also created a rule informally called "The Dibs Rule". The rule is that if a free agent hasn't been offered a contract in 1 month a team can call "dibs" on a player meaning any other team can give them deals after another team calls "dibs" but the team who called the player automatically gets the top bid. A team can only take the auto top bid 3 times until the "dibs" are removed.

Draft tommorow :)

In 2018, “minimalistic style” isn’t lazy and uninspired. The league logo you presented isn’t even close to being considered minimalist. 

I’m giving you 24hrs to produce an actual concept (team or league). If your draft is your next post, this thread is over. 

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

In 2018, “minimalistic style” isn’t lazy and uninspired. The league logo you presented isn’t even close to being considered minimalist. 

I’m giving you 24hrs to produce an actual concept (team or league). If your draft is your next post, this thread is over. 

ok fine

@ProfessorBigShots I think if you added a real color scheme to your logo, like red and blue (it's generic but it works) and made the oval look more like a wheel then you'll come out with a noticeably better product. Maybe use a more interesting font that you think fits cycling as well.

Ok here is the final logo. The 10 spokes represent the original 10 teams in the league. The purple represents that the sport is "fancy" because purple is associated with royalty. The yellow represents (good color schemes) gold to further hammer in cycling so "fancy" reputation. The font represents that the league is relatively futuristic. The oval represents the common shape of the tracks.

image.png

now onto the draft

36 minutes ago, ProfessorBigShots said:

Ok here is the final logo. The 10 spokes represent the original 10 teams in the league. The purple represents that the sport is "fancy" because purple is associated with royalty. The yellow represents (good color schemes) gold to further hammer in cycling so "fancy" reputation. The font represents that the league is relatively futuristic. The oval represents the common shape of the tracks.

image.png

now onto the draft

Okay I'll be the one to say it, this is just sloppy. Just by your timeline of posts, it looks like you only took 1.5 hours to create this. First of all, the wheel isn't center with the letters. The letters are... just bad and am I missing the oval cause I see a square.... @Atomic graciously gave you 24 hours to create a concept and this is the best you can do??? You need to slow down and think out your designs.

Bit of a story here. When I first signed up on these boards, I myself had a concept that I had drawn up. They were poorly hand-drawn and I let the thread die. I realized I wasn't producing a good concept and I needed to hone my skills. Similarly to most of these first-time "History of......League" threads, I was more invested into telling a story than I was producing an aestheticly-pleasing league.

Lots of people have made accounts to create concepts or concept leagues (myself included). The problem is that the majority of these first concepts are bad. Pretty sure that's not the PC way of saying it but there's no way to sugar coat it. 

The #1 rule here: Concepts. Have. To. Be. Acceptable. It's ok if they aren't perfect. It's fine if they need a few drafts. But there has to be a passion and noticeable effort into making these concepts. You can't sit down, draw a few shapes on MS Paint with a poor fill job and call it a day. 

This is going to go for all people looking to make leagues on here: your concepts need to show as much effort, if not more, than the story. I know I personally would rather have a well-written and well-illustrated post sporadically than a low-quality post every few hours. If it it takes time to make, then so be it. If your not willing to put in time, then maybe stay away from these projects for a while. 

Now my honest criticism: is the story bad? No. I mean, sure, the formatting could use some spacing but that's nothing major. However, as @panthers_2012 summed up as I'm writing this, the logo is bad. I'm sorry, it just is. You responded to the admin's request and in 30 minutes had a post ready to share. You need to ask yourself if you really think this is something Veras's AFA, or hawkfan's PHL, or even the Velo concept you cited in your first post, would put out. This font is not futuristic, it's literally trapezoid drawn together inconsistently. You have a base idea to incorporate the spokes of a wheel, but this is not the way. If you want to be taken seriously on these boards, you have to produce content that doesn't take 30 minutes to make. Also, sarcasm to the moderating team isn't exactly a wise idea.  

1 hour ago, ~Bear said:

Bit of a story here. When I first signed up on these boards, I myself had a concept that I had drawn up. They were poorly hand-drawn and I let the thread die. I realized I wasn't producing a good concept and I needed to hone my skills. Similarly to most of these first-time "History of......League" threads, I was more invested into telling a story than I was producing an aestheticly-pleasing league.

Lots of people have made accounts to create concepts or concept leagues (myself included). The problem is that the majority of these first concepts are bad. Pretty sure that's not the PC way of saying it but there's no way to sugar coat it. 

The #1 rule here: Concepts. Have. To. Be. Acceptable. It's ok if they aren't perfect. It's fine if they need a few drafts. But there has to be a passion and noticeable effort into making these concepts. You can't sit down, draw a few shapes on MS Paint with a poor fill job and call it a day. 

This is going to go for all people looking to make leagues on here: your concepts need to show as much effort, if not more, than the story. I know I personally would rather have a well-written and well-illustrated post sporadically than a low-quality post every few hours. If it it takes time to make, then so be it. If your not willing to put in time, then maybe stay away from these projects for a while. 

Now my honest criticism: is the story bad? No. I mean, sure, the formatting could use some spacing but that's nothing major. However, as @panthers_2012 summed up as I'm writing this, the logo is bad. I'm sorry, it just is. You responded to the admin's request and in 30 minutes had a post ready to share. You need to ask yourself if you really think this is something Veras's AFA, or hawkfan's PHL, or even the Velo concept you cited in your first post, would put out. This font is not futuristic, it's literally trapezoid drawn together inconsistently. You have a base idea to incorporate the spokes of a wheel, but this is not the way. If you want to be taken seriously on these boards, you have to produce content that doesn't take 30 minutes to make. Also, sarcasm to the moderating team isn't exactly a wise idea.  

I am putting the logo on the back burner for now. I feel like uniforms are more my strong suit than logos. Anyways draft is tommorow (today?), expect it early :)

1 hour ago, ProfessorBigShots said:

I am putting the logo on the back burner for now. I feel like uniforms are more my strong suit than logos. Anyways draft is tommorow (today?), expect it early :)

@~Bear spent more time writing the comment giving you advice than you did on the logo and this is the response smh, I get it’s your thread but if the logo is a sign of things to come... 

6 hours ago, ProfessorBigShots said:

See, no one really cares that much about the draft if you don’t have a decent logo first. This will be shut down by Atomic if something isn’t put out.

7 hours ago, ~Bear said:

I agree. I would make concepts on here, but I know that it will be locked. I let my drawing skills improve before I show my logos to the public

10 hours ago, ProfessorBigShots said:

image.png

now onto the draft

I legitimately cannot read it. The first letter is somewhat readable, the middle letter is unreadable with the shape of it, and the last letter looks like a trapezoid with a line through it.

8 hours ago, ProfessorBigShots said:

Actually, listen to @~Bear. I've had 2 or 3 concepts locked, because I didn't take my time. For the last three weeks, I've worked on stories, jerseys, and the logo. You should try to do that.

Thank you all so much for the criticism and advice. The league logo will be out later. Also the uniforms for Vice Cycling Club and Target Cycling Club.

If your next post is any earlier than a week from now, you're not taking the advice seriously enough.  You can rush all you want, but all you're going to get is highly negative feedback and having your threads shut down and you'll just have wasted everyone's time, yours and ours.  

Some great advice given here. Suggest you take it and get better before posting.